Your final 2006 Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ipw21 said:
Goodbye anonymity! :) Not that I was exactly trying very hard to protect it. I hope you and the family are doing well. Are you going to post your ROL? I'd be curious to see one of someone I met in person.

My list is posted above somewhere in the thread...
1. Ohio State
2. UNC
3. SUNY Upstate
4. Pittsburgh
5. Case Western
6. Christiana
7. Duke
8. Regions

I added Regions at the last minute because I got freaked out that I wouldn't match, and I just felt like I needed to have that magic number on my ROL - the average of 8. I switched Case Western and Christiana at the last minute (actually with 15 minutes to go) because I suddenly realized I'd really rather live in Cleveland than in Newark. In fact, Christiana has been steadily migrating down the list from darn near the top because I can't bear the idea of living in Newark. City traffic and close to city prices without the city.

And of course I spent weeks agonizing over #1 and #2. The peds at OSU really pushed it to the top, even though I'm already at UNC and it would be sort of nice not to have to move. Also, my parents are less than an hour from Columbus and my sister is at OSU right now in nurse practitioner school. Maybe we could have lunch together in the cafeteria. SUNY gets #3 because it had a really nice feeling and my mother-in-law and brother-in-law are less than an hour from Syracuse. It's sort of a little sleeper.

Anyway, there it is. I can't change it anymore now, and that's a good thing. It was driving me crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

All this talk of Sunny SoCal is really making me count the days until Match *knocking on every wooden item in arms length* So great to see such a variety of opinions and diversity in the ROLs; really goes to show that EM is more than just a list of the ¨top ten¨programs - something for everyone in this thing called residency.

1. Harbor
2. Highland
3. UCLA - OV
4. UCSD
5. U Chicago
6. Denver
7. UC Davis
8. Northwestern
9. Irvine
10. Mt. Sinai

Good luck to everyone!!!

let me hear a bump bump

Members don't see this ad :)
emmd06 said:
What gives?! I thought I was going to be the only one with Northwestern first on this thing. Ok, Poncho, looks like we are going to have to battle to the death. That, or we will both end up at the same program and be best friends for ever. We have until March 14th (steak/BJ day, scramble day, my birthday) to decide. Anyway, here's my final list...

1. Northwestern
2. BW/MGH
3. Boston Medical Center
4. Jacobi/Monte
5. Cook
6. Mt. Sinai
7. Yale
8. Penn
9. St. Luke's/Roosevelt
10. Downstate/King's County

NW is a phenomenal program, what can I say...Totally suprised me on my visit. Amazing leadership, great curriculum, nice people, cutting edge in all respects. Hopefully things will work out for the both of us.

Uhh Im sure tomorrow will see 2 new threads..

1) Where did you match?

2) How low on your list.. (a poll)
aka # 1,2,3,4,5 or lower

EctopicFetus said:
Uhh Im sure tomorrow will see 2 new threads..

1) Where did you match?

2) How low on your list.. (a poll)
aka # 1,2,3,4,5 or lower
How bout we just agree to the followign format on one thread. Celebratory comments and smilies "I matched at XYZ which was number Q out of P on my ROL.

colforbinMD said:
How bout we just agree to the followign format on one thread. Celebratory comments and smilies "I matched at XYZ which was number Q out of P on my ROL.
So while typing that I realized the reason that our forward thinking Ectopic fetal friend realized TWO threads equals double the +pad+s. I knew we kept him around for something!

colforbinMD said:
So while typing that I realized the reason that our forward thinking Ectopic fetal friend realized TWO threads equals double the +pad+s. I knew we kept him around for something!
:D

Yes my young apprentice.. you are learning...Soon you will be done with your training!

all this wisdom is making me sleepy

are you counting your own posts from today? ambitious!

Members don't see this ad :)
It is easy to count.. at least by 30's

Ok master sir. How do I find out how many posts I have for the day?

If you click on your name and then look for old posts.. it will list all your posts with 30 per page.. then count!

colforbinMD said:
Ok master sir. How do I find out how many posts I have for the day?

55 today my friend for you!

EctopicFetus said:
55 today my friend for you!
DOH!!!!! It's quality damnit not quantity. Like this one!

I prob could have passed all my wisdom down in 3 posts today..

oh no!! i hurt fetus! i'm sorry fetus. will you ever forgive me?

the fetus feels wonderful right now! :) irrka no pain I promise..

Dude.. I feel about 20%.. but happy as as can be!!

EctopicFetus said:
Dude.. I feel about 20%.. but happy as as can be!!

aaah the hungover happy....

irrka said:
aaah the hungover happy....
What is a rank list? Why are we still posting here on this thread? I am so confused I am going back to bed :D

since when are you confused about +pad+'ding?

EctopicFetus said:
A few more posts.. then the gym :)

I'm gonna go to gym too, or maybe I should sit and play madden.. hmm tough decisions this 4th year are driving me craaaaazy.

Why are we still posting on the ROL thread?

irrka said:
Why are we still posting on the ROL thread?

not sure, hard to just leave a thread that is sooooo good.

JackBauERfan said:
not sure, hard to just leave a thread that is sooooo good.

or just a good thread to continue to +pad+ on

JackBauERfan said:
I'm gonna go to gym too, or maybe I should sit and play madden.. hmm tough decisions this 4th year are driving me craaaaazy.
Dude I am the madden king. my buddy challenged me and I spanked him 49-3 @ the HALF!!! :laugh:

Then he played Bears all time and i was the AZ cardinals and i won by 28...yawn...

EctopicFetus said:
Dude I am the madden king. my buddy challenged me and I spanked him 49-3 @ the HALF!!! :laugh:

Then he played Bears all time and i was the AZ cardinals and i won by 28...yawn...

ok i saw this post after I made my comments about bing an az cards fan. I always play with them, but this next year is gonna be fun with edge in the mix.

HOw about my fish with Chambers, McMichael, Brown (& maybe Ricky) with freakin Daunte.. lets see how he comes back from the knee injury.. Dude those 2 are insanely good in that game..

Heres what upsets me.. Mike Vick is insanely good. I threw for almost 500 and ran for 90 with vick in 3 qtrs.. he isnt nearly that good in real life.. oh and i completed about 85% of my passes.... a complete joke!!

EctopicFetus said:
HOw about my fish with Chambers, McMichael, Brown (& maybe Ricky) with freakin Daunte.. lets see how he comes back from the knee injury.. Dude those 2 are insanely good in that game..

Heres what upsets me.. Mike Vick is insanely good. I threw for almost 500 and ran for 90 with vick in 3 qtrs.. he isnt nearly that good in real life.. oh and i completed about 85% of my passes.... a complete joke!!

I've got to admit, culpepper is gonna be a hugh upgrade, and like you said, they have nice skill positions already. I think some people don't like culpepper much, but personally, he will be drafted on my fantasy football team probably haha. I think he'll go a bit lower, and I'll be willing to take a chance on him. What would have been cool is if AZ cards just dumped a little extra money and picked him up too!

Well clearly he wont be putting up the numbers he did with Moss cause Saban is a run 1st kind of guy.. but if he gets us 30 tds we will be insane.. as far as Zona... still some big holes.. same for miami (esp on D now).. and on the OL..