Your FINAL submitted ROL:2008 (Too late to change it now)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, now, to make this easier, as we've done in the past, we want you to list your TOP 3 to 5 choices in random (or if you'd like, alphabetical order), NOT in the order you put them in: If you ranked < 3 spots, well, you probably don't care who knows it anyway. :p

To start, here is my ROL, in alphabetical order, from the 1982 match:

1. Akron Children's Hospital
2. Children's Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
3. Children's Mercy Hospital (Kansas City)
4. Kosair's Children's Hospital (Louisville)
5. Michael Reese Hospital (Chicago)

Those beyond this phase can put their ROL down too, just be nice and indicate what year you matched in. We'll do another one on March 20th for "where DID I match?"

Members don't see this ad.

WHEW!:hardy:
feels good to have made decisions, be certified and done.

top 5 in random order, drawn from a hat, how's that?

Baylor
CHOP
St. Louis
Cinci
Denver

ok, so now it's everyone elses turn... even if not final, it'd be neat to know what you're thinking!

Final and certified, as well!! This is exciting!! Here are my top 5 alphabetically:

Kaiser LA
Stanford
UC Irvine
UCLA
USC

Anxious to hear everyone else's!! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Alphabetical Order:

Children's Hospital Oakland
Columbia
Mt. Sinai
NYU
UCSF

YAY! Done with all the stress of choosing... now just have to get through all the stress of waiting.

In alphabetical order:

Denver
Phoenix Children's
Seattle
University of Arizona
University of South Florida

However, I am sure there will be changes :)

I think I'll have to go top 8 for now (top half of my rank list):

Einstein Jacobi
EVMS
Mayo
Orlando Regional
Rush
St. Christopher's
TJU-duPont
UCI

To be edited later. :)

Hey everyone. Oh the joys of ranking and waiting to hear your next 3 years determined by some computer somewhere :)

Alpha Order:

Northwestern
Ohio State
OHSU (Portland)
Pittsburgh
UNC
Washington U, St. Louis

I had a couple others i really liked (Cincinnati, Rainbow Babies) that got pushed down the list by couples matching and my fiancee who didn't like her corresponding programs in those cities. :D

Top 6 in reverse alphabetical order:

UNC
Pitt
Ohio State
Michigan
Cinci
Baylor

I liked San Francisco, but the residents at UCSF seemed downright exhausted and worked to death. Not that I'm lazy, but that didn't appeal to me.

top six, still sorting out my order...

CHLA
Seattle
UCLA
CHOP
Columbia
Cincinatti

I guess I like C's
Say it like 'C'-attle

I'm not ready to submit! just wanted to post since I'm procrastinating....I'm jealous of you guys who have already certified~ i am delaying the inevitable... :laugh:

My top 6 (in reverse alphabetical order since I don't know yet!):

;) UC San Diego
;) UC Irvine
;) LA County+USC
;) Kaiser LA
;) Children's Hospital Orange County
;) Children's Hospital Los Angeles

In ABC order:

Brown
CHoP
Cinci
Hopkins
MGH
Pittsburgh
Rainbow
Tufts-NEMC
Yale

(certified since late Jan)

In random order, may still change

UCLA
Stanford
Denver
UCSD
CHO

Good Luck Everyone:D

-in alphabetical order (top 6); ahhhhhhhhhh, my palms are sweating!!!!!

Duke
EVMS
Rochester
St. Christophers
TJU/duPont
UNC

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Top five, alphabetical by state...

University of Colorado
Northwestern
University of Michigan
Cincinnati Children's
CHOP

Boston Combined Residency Program
Children's Hospital at Montefiore
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Columbia
Cornell

dallas childrens medical center
university of michigan
st. christophers philadelphia
wash U st louis childrens
wayne state/childrens hosp of michigan

some sort of alphabetical order.

Alphabetical

Children's Memorial of Chicago (Northwestern)
Cincinnati Childrens
Indiana University
Medical College of Wisconsin
Rainbow Babies

Hopkins
Cincinnati
Denver
Ohio State
DC Children's Primary Care

and so on....

yay :)

East to west:

Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Rainbow Babies and Children's
Columbus Children's
Cincinnati Children's
Vanderbilt Children's

Okay, now, to make this easier, as we've done in the past, we want you to list your TOP 3 to 5 choices in random (or if you'd like, alphabetical order), NOT in the order you put them in: If you ranked < 3 spots, well, you probably don't care who knows it anyway. :p

To start, here is my ROL, in alphabetical order, from the 1982 match:

1. Akron Children's Hospital
2. Children's Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
3. Children's Mercy Hospital (Kansas City)
4. Kosair's Children's Hospital (Louisville)
5. Michael Reese Hospital (Chicago)

Those beyond this phase can put their ROL down too, just be nice and indicate what year you matched in. We'll do another one on March 20th for "where DID I match?"

Where did you end up??

List in alphabetical order

Children's Mercy-Kansas City
Medical University of South Carolina
Phoenix Children's
U of Arkansas
U Tennessee-Memphis

Same list as jeonsied... in alpha order

Boston Combined Residency Program
Children's Hospital at Montefiore
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Columbia
Cornell

USF
UNC
Mayo
Cornell
Hopkins
Columbia
DC Childrens

Seattle
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF

St. Christopher's (PA)
U of Maryland
MCG
UMDNJ Cooper
UMDNJ NJMS
Georgetown
Sinai (MD)
UMDNJ RWJMS
Crozer-Chester

Final and certified, as well!! This is exciting!! Here are my top 5 alphabetically:

Kaiser LA
Stanford
UC Irvine
UCLA
USC

Anxious to hear everyone else's!! :love:

Hi,

I am also applying in CA. What do think about Loma Linda? if you know anything about that program. Anyone else?

Ok, here I go. In alphabetical order my top 3 are:

Carolinas Medical Center
Children's National Medical Center
Johns Hopkins

Guess it's about that time that I need to make the final certification and just cross my fingers.

Alphabetical first 5...

CHAM
CHLA
Mt. Sinai
SLCH
UCSF

Hi,
here is mine.... in alphabetic order

CHLA
CHOC
Kaiser LA
LAC+USC
Loma Linda

qs for SoCal future peds... I haven't seen many of you ranking Loma Linda. Any thoughts why? just currious :)
ROL due today:scared:
good luck everyone.

Hi,
here is mine.... in alphabetic order

CHLA
CHOC
Kaiser LA
LAC+USC
Loma Linda

qs for SoCal future peds... I haven't seen many of you ranking Loma Linda. Any thoughts why? just currious :)
ROL due today:scared:
good luck everyone.

I can say, at least for me, I think Loma Linda was a great program that I would have definitely ranked a lot higher (it's there, just down toward the bottom of my list) if it wasn't for the fact that we have to take into consideration my husband's career and job opportunities. He's in the sports agency biz, and there aren't a whole lotta teams out in San Bernadino!! :eek:

I can say, at least for me, I think Loma Linda was a great program that I would have definitely ranked a lot higher (it's there, just down toward the bottom of my list) if it wasn't for the fact that we have to take into consideration my husband's career and job opportunities. He's in the sports agency biz, and there aren't a whole lotta teams out in San Bernadino!! :eek:

makes sense, :)
good luck to all of us, future kids docs:)

In reverse alphabetical order... so exciting to have it done!!

MGH
Dartmouth
Cinci
CHOP
Brown
Boston Combined

I changed the thread title for obvious reasons.:)

Anyone decide today (whenever today is...) that they wished they'd ranked things differently?

Still happy with my rank list! Ask me again on March 20th! :D

Totally confident in my ROL!! Now, three weeks of torture....

Totally confident in my ROL!! Now, three weeks of torture....

Can you teleport some of your confidence this way? I think I am having some "ranker's remorse" :). Maybe I am just nervous...I really am happy with my decisions :D. I just hope I made the right ones!

Can you teleport some of your confidence this way?

......:::teleporting confidence:::.......

Hehe.

Good luck. And remember: everything turns out okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end. :)

no changes sine the initial rank :D, it's crazy how permanent it feels to have it submitted! i'm ready for my envelope

I want my envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all.
Any good ideas from people to pass the time over the next 3 weeks? Getting stoned/drunk doesn't count (already thought of that)

I'm happy with my list....I just wish we didn't have to wait 3 weeks to find out where we all are going to end up. Good luck to everyone. I hope you all end up where you want to be!

I would not recommend getting stoned at all.
I've heard some rumors that certain programs require you to go submit a urine sample at a lab near you before they send your contract. I don't know if this is true or what programs would require this, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Me and my friends are spending the week before match in Cancun to ease the anxiety. Especially that last weekend. If I wouldn't be on a beach sipping a margarita, I'd probably be in my living room pacing back and forth and driving myself crazy or at the gym running non-stop to keep from thinking about it and ending up with rhabdo.

That is an awesome idea to go away before the match to tkae your mind off of it!
I was pretty happy with my ROL until 8:55 when I started panicking. I logged onto the web site to make my changes....(it was my 4th and 5th choices) and then thought, man, if I screw around with this, and something happens and I can't re-certify, I am screwed. So I just sat there and counted down until the little symbol went from match open to match closed!

I was working in the Peds ER when I almost hyperventilated and everyone, including the tech was comforting me saying look, "if god wanted you to be in your 5th choice, it will happen wether or not you put it first or last.........":luck: