Your practice VS. real scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted158872

I took 2 Princeton tests and felt SO disappointed when my score came out like:
B 7
P 6
V 6
W: Q :(
The 2nd time: the total score didn't approve.
I scheduled the real one on Sept 6th and will apply NEXT round. But now I'm scared.

What were your practice score vs. real score?? What did you do for improvement ??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Maruko,

How long have you been studying for? And, how have you been studying? If those are only your first two practice tests, then don't get discouraged too soon! Sept. 6th is a long way away. With the right kind of studying and the right mindset you can bring your score up!

Thank you for your encouraging words.

I take a Princeton class. I tried to do all problems they assigned (sometimes I fell behind but I could catch up in the end).
There's no limit on studying time; I took frequent breaks whenever I felt tired (perhaps I shouldn't in order to get myself familiar with the time frame?)

I did better on individual questions than on passage-based ones. There's just something wrong with my reasoning skills.

I understand there're stuff I haven't reviewed yet.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

I take a Princeton class. I tried to do all problems they assigned (sometimes I fell behind but I could catch up in the end).
There's no limit on studying time; I took frequent breaks whenever I felt tired (perhaps I shouldn't in order to get myself familiar with the time frame?)

I did better on individual questions than on passage-based ones. There's just something wrong with my reasoning skills.

I understand there're stuff I haven't reviewed yet.

Well give it a few more weeks, and also realize that the TPR tests are rough. They are definitely very hard (conceptually). Just make sure that you are reviewing your exams 100%: everything you got wrong, everything you got right, but more importantly, WHY you missed a question, how to correct the issue you had with the problem for next time, and also trying to find quicker ways to do the problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, yes. you should definitely give some more time to build up your reasoning skills. Although I did not take TPR (I took Kaplan ;) ), I think the basic principles may be quite similar. My instructor (who obviously was quite useless :mad: ) told us to chill for the first two practice tests. I think the fact that you are getting the discrete questions right should be very encouraging!! :thumbup: You are getting down on the content, and the rest would very hopefully and most likely follow along. GOOD LUCK!! and although I don't know about your diagnostics, but your first practice test scores are not really that bad. [I am not being sarcastic here, I have heard plenty of people work even harder due to their low scores at first and wind up literally ROCKing on the real one!!] So it may even be beneficial for you. Just keep your heads up!! :love:

I took 2 Princeton tests and felt SO disappointed when my score came out like:
B 7
P 6
V 6
W: Q :(
The 2nd time: the total score didn't approve.
I scheduled the real one on Sept 6th and will apply NEXT round. But now I'm scared.

What were your practice score vs. real score?? What did you do for improvement ??

The princeton review tests are known to be super hard. I did pretty bad on most of them but I did fine on the real MCAT. Here's one thing I would definitely do differently...build more confidence. I didn't have the confidence I needed until two weeks before my test. Try to build it earlier and you may notice your diag scores increasing.

First princeton diagnostic 17 - P (back in 06)
Actual MCAT (31 R)....

definitely give it some more time.... mcat studying is a long arduous process lol.... but when done right has room for lots of improvement.

remember, the TPR has the gurantee policy in mind. So you can be sure their practice tests aren't really representative of the real thing.
If you really want to know how you are going to do, just study for a few more weeks and try taking the AAMC ones to see where you stand.