your thoughts on my score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davedefunk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey wasup guys..i just took my DAT's, not happy wiht my score... but i would like to share it with everyone.....

Gpa- 3.1
major-econ
minor-bio

AA=18
PAT= 15 ( ouch...i am thinking this wil really hurt my application)
QR=16
RC=19
BIO=16
GC=20
OC=19

TS=18

School's :

NYU,TEMPLE,NOVA, SUNY STONYBROOK, SUNY BUFALLO, BOSTON ,UMDNJ

wat are my chances of geting into any of these schools....my pat score is horrible...and this will really hurt me..

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you I would take the DAT again. Your PAT score is below the average of all of your schools. But on the other hand, you still might get some interviews, so dont lose hope on this year's application, but be prepared to take the dat again if you dont.

While your PAT is quite low many schools don't look twice at it. I would be more concerned with your Bio score of 16. This is highly considered by most schools. I would say a 17 is the lowest you would want in this section. I would schedule a retake. On the positive side, I do think interviews are possible with these scores. Good luck to you.

well being that its allready Oct 22nd, and i cannot retake it for another 30 days, It would push me back to another year. which i cannot afford.. I dearly hope..somethign does work out...

thank u guys

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it's not looking good with those stats. Schedule a retake, even if it means you have to go for next year, becuase your chances are very slim.

davedefunk,

Don't be discouraged by the other posters. Most of these guys have 20+/20+ DAT scores and they couldn't imagine someone with your stats being accepted.

As stated in the pre-dent forum many of times "schools look at a well rounded applicant NOT just GPA and DAT scores". Most schools have average admissions stats of 19AA and 18PAT and 3.4 GPA.

Well, if these schools are accepting only the 20+/20+ DAT and 4.0GPA people then how are the average stats lower?

The true of the the matter is that you are not 100% doomed to not get accepted. Hopefully your application has something that helps you stand out from the rest of the pack. The best of luck to you!!

I would apply to more schools, even if you have to take out a loan to do so. I had to wait out a year because of scores like yours and my only regret was I didn't apply to more schools. I did get two interviews, but they were for alternate positions, since I applied so late.
You, however, have a much better chance I think because you've applied earlier then I did. Your AA is good enough to get you in somewhere...
By the way, I did retake my DAT and scored in the 20's, but going to school this fall would have been the preferable alternative. You'll make up the extra application money you spend today by future earnings.
Good luck!

well, me being a member of the under 3.00 gpa club and having applied to 36 schools and having kinda below sdn avg scores probably could help here.

1. i regret to say this, but i think that these guys are all right about retaking the DAT. i don't think that your QR is an issue. however, your bio and pat is simply not enough for you to get anywhere specially if you are applying this late. i know this is painful, but i am just telling you my honest oipion so that you don't waste your $$.
2. applying to a lot of schools will not help. look at my stats and you can see that i wasted a lot of money.
3. i think that your only option now is to retake the DAT and make sure that you do very well. you may have to get 20/20 or even better since you are applying this late.

good luck to you!