2008-2009 Rosalind Franklin Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what's does "small pool" mean? I haven't heard anything yet, I have sent an update though.

Members don't see this ad.

what's does "small pool" mean? I haven't heard anything yet, I have sent an update though.

I'm not sure whether the school uses that exact phrase, because I heard nothing from them from completion to interview invite. But I've read here that some people have received an email after they were complete, stating that their app has passed an initial screen and they are now being placed in a pool of people who may get interviews. ("Small pool" implies that this group has been narrowed down from the general applicant pool.)

But the admissions office seems a bit disorganized at times (in my case, for example, they sent me an email saying I was not complete, then another the next day saying I was). So I wouldn't necessarily worry if you didn't get a "small pooled" email. I certainly don't think an update would hurt you at all, and it might help.

So...has anyone been accepted this month?

Sigh, I've been waiting post-interview since Oct.....and this is getting depressing.

Members don't see this ad :)
So...has anyone been accepted this month?

Sigh, I've been waiting post-interview since Oct.....and this is getting depressing.

Ditto, Kalia.

I've noticed that they tend to meet on Fridays mid-month. I expect acceptances to be sent out next week, followed by holds the next day (assuming there's no snow storm).

kaila, adam smasher, did you guys get an email saying that you were put on hold post interview?

Yeah, I got a hold message. I'm pretty sure they don't reject anybody post-interview until July.

Hey, did anyone accepted not get their background check yet? I was accepted back in November but haven't gotten one yet.

i have passed the first screening.....but no invite yet....should i send them LOI...through email??

I was accepted back in October, and I haven't received the background check either.

i think you guys should contact them asap. most of us received them withint 2-3 weeks of acceptance

wait...did you receive an email notification that certiphi whatever will be sending an email for the background check or did you receive the CBC already? I got the email that it'll be coming but it hasn't come yet

wait...did you receive an email notification that certiphi whatever will be sending an email for the background check or did you receive the CBC already? I got the email that it'll be coming but it hasn't come yet

ohhh, then your fine, it should come soon

Members don't see this ad :)
that email came in november and it's now jan. how long did it take for you to get yours?

ohhh wow. that's a longtime. have you gotten your acceptance yet?i can't remember exactly how long but definitely wihtin two weeks

ohhh wow. that's a longtime. have you gotten your acceptance yet?i can't remember exactly how long but definitely wihtin two weeks

ahhhh! i received my acceptance first and then the email came 2 days after but certiphi never sent me anything...rosalind franklin wouldn't take back my acceptance would they???? is there a deadline to get a CBC?

They stop interviewing in May

ahhhh! i received my acceptance first and then the email came 2 days after but certiphi never sent me anything...rosalind franklin wouldn't take back my acceptance would they???? is there a deadline to get a CBC?

hmm. they wouldn't take it back. relax, but definitely call/email certiphi. there shouldn't be a deadline but i guess may 15th? perhaps when they start drawing from the waitlist

I received an email from AMCAS on Dec 1st saying I should get an email for Certiphi for my Wayne State acceptance. I still haven't received it either.

I think it's today where they start handing out acceptances again.

No. CMS hands out a few acceptances every month. I think today is that time of the month.

Has anybody heard anything yet from CMS?

Check last year's thread. They interview until May. It says in the booklet they give us too (during the interview)

What's this, nobody got in this month?

Yeah, check last year's thread.

Where'd you get that information from? It says this on their website: "The official interview season begins mid-September and ends mid-February."

That could be when they send interview invites. The invites in February would be for the May slots. OR you were looking at one of the MANY other programs that has interviews.

I'm interviewing here next week and am wondering if anyone knows the best/cheapest way to get to the school from O'Hare. I'm all for public transportation but not in 10 degree weather. Cab, rental car or shuttle?

I just got my email from certiphi and I got the first email 10.31. :eek:So, it may take a long time it seems

I just got the background check email from certiphi as well, and I was an October acceptance.

good that you guys got it!

rejected today, via email, 30 minutes after sending a letter of interest

i'm sorry ej. to help others, was it pre/post interview

rejected today via email. a little surprised, I thought I would at least get an interview. :(

Seems like no one has been accepted for a while... Anyone know when the next meeting of the committee meets?

I'm interviewing here next week and am wondering if anyone knows the best/cheapest way to get to the school from O'Hare. I'm all for public transportation but not in 10 degree weather. Cab, rental car or shuttle?

Take the Suburban Express van service from the airport to the town where you're staying (I stayed in Waukegan at the Courtyard by Marriott). Suburban Express has a kiosk right by the baggage claim area of the terminal, next to the exit that says "Ground Transportation." You buy your ticket in advance (it costs $50 one-way to Waukegan), which is good because you can use a credit card and you're not expected to tip the driver. (If he's extremely helpful with your bags, you could give him something, but I don't think anyone expects a full-fledged cabdriver tip.) If you took a metered taxi to the same place, I think it would run you $90+.

I'd buy a one-way ticket, because you should have ample cab-sharing opportunities on the way back. There is a company called American Cab that gives CMS a special discount ($46 one way plus tip), but I shared with another applicant and we each paid $27 including the tip.

If you stay at the Courtyard, they have a free shuttle that will take you to CMS. Just make sure you let the desk clerk know that morning that you need to take it (they usually have one at 8 am), and keep an eye out even then, because they may leave without you. (This happened to me, even though I was sitting right in the lobby, because the clerk didn't tell me the van parked in front was the shuttle. I had to pay $15 for a cab, and almost had a heart attack about getting there a few minutes late. I called from the cab and luckily the admissions staff was very understanding about it.)

so i sent a letter of interest and i havent received any reply from the school whetehr they added it or not....do schools usually respond when they received this or not...because mt. sinai responded the very same day i sent them...I've also sent my letters to NYMC, AECOM...

so i sent a letter of interest and i havent received any reply from the school whetehr they added it or not....do schools usually respond when they received this or not...because mt. sinai responded the very same day i sent them...I've also sent my letters to NYMC, AECOM...

That's funny: my experience was almost the exact opposite. I got a response to my LOI from Rosalind Franklin (and ultimately got an interview), but I never heard a word from Mount Sinai or NYMC in response to the LOIs I sent them.

In general, I've found that many schools acknowledge receiving LOIs or updates ("We will add this to your file,"), but there are quite a few that don't.

did ever try and get back to them???....is RFU still sending out invites?....

did ever try and get back to them???....is RFU still sending out invites?....

Ya they're definitely still sending out invites. I got one on the 24th and they gave me a list of 9 interview dates to choose from that spanned half of February and most of March.

Was kind of funny because I sent them a short email asking about my application status on the 23rd and they responded with an interview invite the next morning. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.