2008-2009 Rosalind Franklin Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened here! I thought my interviews at Rosalind Franklin went really well but got the hold e-mail saying I would be continued to be reviewed. I got the evaluation too. Oh well, I'm set on attending UIC but thought I'd share my experience. Oh and I never got the smaller pool e-mail but I got my interview invite e-mail on 10/22. Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions today!

I was never small pooled either. I just got my interview invite without any previous notification, and after I had my interview I haven't heard from them at all except for this "thank you/evaluate" e-mail...so hopefully i'm not on hold and will hear from them soon. I also have a few acceptances at other places, but haven't made my final decision yet...

Members don't see this ad.

i was complete on 10/23 and havent heard anything from them. i sent an email requesting a status check a couple days ago but they havent emailed me back. i have a 3.6/31Q. how long does it take for them to respond to emails? also, do i still have a shot at this school at this point? thanks!

i was complete on 10/23 and havent heard anything from them. i sent an email requesting a status check a couple days ago but they havent emailed me back. i have a 3.6/31Q. how long does it take for them to respond to emails? also, do i still have a shot at this school at this point? thanks!

I was complete on 9/25, no notification of any kind other than I was complete. Also 3.6/31, but OOS. I think we all have a chance if we haven't been rejected before February, so I would sit tight until then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an e-mail from Admissions: ACCEPTED:claps:

Good luck to everyone still waiting for good news!

I am getting NO LOVE from Rosalind. Invite pleeeeeeeeez?

I think they do. I have absoutely nothing in my inbox, not even a hold. grrr

Has anybody else been accepted?

yes i was just accepted today too. good luck to everyone waiting.

I think they do. I have absoutely nothing in my inbox, not even a hold. grrr

Holds will come out tomorrow, late morning. Hopefully I get my 3rd in a row, and not a rejection...

for people who have been accepted, how long afterwards did you get your background screening email. i haven't gotten my yet. thanks in advance

for people who have been accepted, how long afterwards did you get your background screening email. i haven't gotten my yet. thanks in advance

I didn't get mine either. But I recall people accepted to CMS having the same problem earlier, so I guess we just have to wait.

Two days...I got my acceptance wednesday and the background check email on friday

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought there were supposed to be HOLD emails today?

Mattng, I didn't receive anything in my inbox either.

Does RFU do post-interview rejections this early?

This SUCKS. :mad:

I'm still waiting on the hold e-mail too.

I interviewed early Oct, and I figure if they were going to reject me post interview, now's prime time. So I'll be paying extra close attention to my inbox.

I haven't received the hold email either and I interviewed late October.

The four of us can't all possibly have been rejected can we? Because that's way too coincidental. They probably just didn't send it out.

I interviewed in November and was placed on-hold after their Nov. committee meeting. Am I understanding this correctly - anyone placed on hold from prior committee meetings will receive either another status e-mail whether it's another hold, acceptance, or rejection? And we continue to receive e-mail status updates each month until we're ultimately accepted or rejected?

Protodoc have you received a hold/acceptance from them this month (December, not Nov)? Or have you not received anything at all in your inbox?

For mattng, redribbon, me and Adam Smasher, we have not received any emails from them --> no acceptance, no hold, so we're debating whether a) they simply haven't sent the hold emails or b) we'll be getting a rejection letter soon

I interviewed in November and was placed on-hold after their Nov. committee meeting. Am I understanding this correctly - anyone placed on hold from prior committee meetings will receive either another status e-mail whether it's another hold, acceptance, or rejection? And we continue to receive e-mail status updates each month until we're ultimately accepted or rejected?

Yep.

Protodoc have you received a hold/acceptance from them this month (December, not Nov)? Or have you not received anything at all in your inbox?

For mattng, redribbon, me and Adam Smasher, we have not received any emails from them --> no acceptance, no hold, so we're debating whether a) they simply haven't sent the hold emails or b) we'll be getting a rejection letter soon

I have not received anything either. Perhaps they have a snow day? It does seem unlikely that now 5 of us have all been rejected.

I have not received anything either. Perhaps they have a snow day? It does seem unlikely that now 5 of us have all been rejected.

Yea, I really think they do have a snow day, considering I've been calling them straight since Monday and that they haven't replied to my emails. But then again, it's kind of odd how they sent out acceptance emails on Wednesday... I don't know...

Is the school closed for the holidays as of now?

Nope...

I'm guessing we're all on hold until the January meeting day. Either that or they're not going to let anyone know until they come back for the holidays, which is kind of the same thing.

i think no email is hold. and email is acceptance and snail mail is rejection. don't quote me on that one though

Does anybody know how many acceptances RFU has sent out already?

I just got an email saying that I'm on hold post-interview. It'll be reviewed every month... Anyone know when the next meeting is?

Last edited:
I just got an email saying that I'm on hold post-interview. It'll be reviewed every month... Anyone know when the next meeting is?

Anyone? This thread has been dead for a while...

Anyone know how many people RF interviews for 185 slots and about how many they accept in the years past?

Just got an interview invite. Was complete in early november.

I too was just invited to interview. I was complete in September.

I was just invited as well. Complete in October, and never got a "small-pooled" email.

Invite today as well. I received an email saying I passed the first screening yesterday.

Rejected today.. Complete end of September

How did you get the rejection? by snail mail? are all the invites going out today?

Received the post secondary rejection my e-mail yesterday...

Still haven't heard word one from them... 31/3.3 oos... any shot at an interview? have already sent a letter of interest a month ago... anything else I could do? Ros Franklin in def. one of my top choices...

small pooled but no invite as yet......when do they usually send invites?

got my interview yesterday and arranged it for 1/20! :D

what hotels do most students reside or are there overnight host programs?

congrats and good luck for your interview. i stayed at the mariott, they drop you off at the interivew.

Still haven't heard word one from them... 31/3.3 oos... any shot at an interview? have already sent a letter of interest a month ago... anything else I could do? Ros Franklin in def. one of my top choices...

yeah you do. send another one with updates perhaps emphasizing how much you like it and why

small pooled but no invite as yet......when do they usually send invites?

i think someone mentioned earlier in the tread. i think it was the 15 but not sure searchthe thread

Hopefully another fellow SDNer will receive this spot. Good Luck

Anyone know when the next committee meeting is?

Got an interview invite on the 8th as well. Scheduled for Feb 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.