2008-2009 Rosalind Franklin Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me over a month to become complete, just wait and everything will be OK. Check your online checking acct. balances to verify that they have deposited your check.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm I did the same thing today and I sent my secondary in on 8/12 and my letters went virtual eval on 8/20 so I'm in about the same boat, called today left a message...

I think you have to hound them. Fortunately for some reason, I didn't have to since I got the complete e-mail 3 days after they received my secondary (don't worry, I'm not that lucky at all schools), but I've heard that contacting Rosalind numerous times is the only way to get things done over there. This might not be the greatest advice, just something I've heard!

This is one of my last secondaries, but I can't make myself focus and complete this monster. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you have to hound them. Fortunately for some reason, I didn't have to since I got the complete e-mail 3 days after they received my secondary (don't worry, I'm not that lucky at all schools), but I've heard that contacting Rosalind numerous times is the only way to get things done over there. This might not be the greatest advice, just something I've heard!

...this is really annoying...you think with a $100 application fee, they can a) have a computer system that can actually tell you which item is missing and b) not make you wait a month for your application to be complete when you spent $35 to overnight the application

...this is really annoying...you think with a $100 application fee, they can a) have a computer system that can actually tell you which item is missing and b) not make you wait a month for your application to be complete when you spent $35 to overnight the application

i submitted mine on 8/15 and was complete on 8/20. maybe you should call.

man when will they finally enter my app info. into the file. i have sent the darn app. more than 2 1/2 weeks ago now. for people that have confirmed their secondary receipt, how long did it take?

and why do everything on paper when you get so many apps...geez

I am soooooooo tempted to put "glazed doughnuts" as my greatest weakness! :sleep:

man when will they finally enter my app info. into the file. i have sent the darn app. more than 2 1/2 weeks ago now. for people that have confirmed their secondary receipt, how long did it take?

and why do everything on paper when you get so many apps...geez
submitted my app at the end of july, got a complete email in the beginning of september

I submitted 8/5 and got the complete email 8/22. I had sent my LORs in earlier though so I didn't have to wait on them. No word yet.

I received an interview invitation today from CMS, and I was complete on 8/7. I had a relatively quick turnaround with their secondary (less than two weeks), and I was complete 2-3 days after I mailed in the application. I was surprised by how fast I was complete, but then again, I do live an hour away...so that might have influenced the turnaround. Good luck to the rest of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, this school pisses me off. I mailed out my secondary on 8/20, and since there was tracking, I *know* it reached their office on 8/22. My LORs were sent via Interfolio electronically on 8/19. Now it's 9/8 and I'm STILL not complete ???? AHHHHH. I called their office and the woman was like "it's possible some materials have not made it into your file yet". I have no idea what that means. Why are some schools so on top of things and other schools so... not? Well, at least the woman was nice about it. Not that it matters.

"...Describe what you envision to be your greatest challenge when working on an inter-proffesional team."

I am having trouble interpreting this question. Are they asking for an obstacle you will face or a personal attribute that may cause difficulty?

what's the deal with status updates at rf? will they give them to you or do they just want you to leave them alone

"...Describe what you envision to be your greatest challenge when working on an inter-proffesional team."

I am having trouble interpreting this question. Are they asking for an obstacle you will face or a personal attribute that may cause difficulty?

Since it's such an open-ended question, I interpreted it to mean both interpretations and that one could answer it from either perspective.

I still haven't finished this secondary. :(

Seriously guys, the secondary is the worst part of the application here. Interview day is sooo chill and laid-back. Just breathe a little, dust off a little bit of your BS skills, and plow through it. If you interpret the questions differently than they expected... at least it makes for an interesting interview.

what's the deal with status updates at rf? will they give them to you or do they just want you to leave them alone

Got this email today.

Your file is complete and has passed a primary screening. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with CMS. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process.

CMS is interviewing from September through second Monday in May, with invitations being sent out via email. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

CMS Admissions

Probably doesn't mean much, but at least it's not a rejection... yet!!! :laugh:

I was complete with RFUCMS two weeks ago but unfortunately, no sign of that interview invite just yet. What RennyKim got, is that the "pre-interview-Hold" pool? Or does everyone get it before they get an interview invite? :confused:

The e-mail that RennyKim got is the one I got as well. Then I received an interview invitation a couple weeks later.

The e-mail that RennyKim got is the one I got as well. Then I received an interview invitation a couple weeks later.

Just curious as to when you and rennykim got the complete+screened email.

Does anyone know what their screen might be? MCAT+GPA or more complex?

Last edited:
I submitted my application weeks ago and I just got an e-mail saying they have it. I guess I have to wait even longer to get the "completed" confirmation even though my letters were submitted weeks ago. They do things slowly there and they don't pick up the phone! I got through only once.

Format your paragraph in Word to have Left and Right indentations of -1.2" each. This allows you to directly copy-paste, while fitting perfectly.

Font: Times New Roman
Size: 12

I hope this helps.:luck:

Just curious as to when you and rennykim got the complete+screened email.

Does anyone know what their screen might be? MCAT+GPA or more complex?

Hi Monkeygirl09, I was complete on 8/5 and just received the screened email today on 9/10 (so about a month after).

I'm guessing the screening process has to be more complex than MCAT+GPA since my numbers are really low.

Good luck to both of us!

I submitted 7/22, and received the 'application complete' confirmation on 8/27. Still no interview invite though :(

I submitted 7/22, and received the 'application complete' confirmation on 8/27. Still no interview invite though :(

Are you kidding?! The interview process is from now until MAY. We still have a long way to go.

I received the complete e-mail on 8/7, and the interview invite on 9/5. I hear it's a really relaxed school, and the students aren't super cutthroat...which sounds pretty awesome to me. Good Luck to all of us!

Hi Monkeygirl09, I was complete on 8/5 and just received the screened email today on 9/10 (so about a month after).

I'm guessing the screening process has to be more complex than MCAT+GPA since my numbers are really low.

Good luck to both of us!

Arg, that's slow. Thanks for the info!

So has anybody figured out if everyone gets the "passed primary screening" email?? Or is that a pre-interview hold?

So has anybody figured out if everyone gets the "passed primary screening" email?? Or is that a pre-interview hold?

i thought those two are the same? what confuses me is that some people get the complete email then the passing the screening later but others get it simultaneously?!?!

i thought those two are the same? what confuses me is that some people get the complete email then the passing the screening later but others get it simultaneously?!?!

My "complete" and "passed screening" emails came quite far apart. What I was wondering about was if everyone gets the "passed screening" email, or if some aren't put in that "pre interview hold" stage at all

This is one of my last secondaries, but I can't make myself focus and complete this monster. :(

I've hated this secondary since the moment I first saw it. Also, does anyone else think their website feels kind of lame?

Format your paragraph in Word to have Left and Right indentations of -1.2" each. This allows you to directly copy-paste, while fitting perfectly.

Font: Times New Roman
Size: 12

I hope this helps.:luck:

Brilliant! :thumbup:

I never received the smaller pool email, just an invite to interview.

Hey can anyone tell me when their payment was processed in relation to any emails they got (passing screening, complete, interview)?

Hey can anyone tell me when their payment was processed in relation to any emails they got (passing screening, complete, interview)?

I sent in my secondary on the....19th I think and got the complete e-mail on the 22nd. They cashed my check like a week later. No interview invite (yet)!

I sent in my secondary on the....19th I think and got the complete e-mail on the 22nd. They cashed my check like a week later. No interview invite (yet)!

weird i sent mine in on 8/6 then got the complete email 8/27 but they haven't cashed my check yet! how much is the check for does anyone know?

Ah are you kidding me! I had all my stuff into them on 8/21, they cashed my check ($100) on 8/27 and still no repsonse that I'm even complete or passed the screen....

Ah are you kidding me! I had all my stuff into them on 8/21, they cashed my check ($100) on 8/27 and still no repsonse that I'm even complete or passed the screen....

Maybe give them a call? I'm not sure...I think I was just lucky that I was complete so fast

Ya I think its been taking around a month for people to become complete who submitted towards the end of august but it seems like they received some communication when their payment was processed. Looks like I'll be giving them a call monday ;)

i've left a message like 2 weeks ago and they never called me back also an email last week. are they this slow in giving a response? has anyone gotten a live person to answer when they call? everytime i call it just tells me to leave a message :mad::mad:

i've left a message like 2 weeks ago and they never called me back also an email last week. are they this slow in giving a response? has anyone gotten a live person to answer when they call? everytime i call it just tells me to leave a message :mad::mad:

i wouldn't risk leaving a message when they are probably swamped. just call until you get a person. they are there - i had to call to schedule an interview. maybe you aren't calling at the right timeS?

this is more of a rant...

i've been sitting on this secondary for almost a month now. it's my last secondary out of 20 and i just cannot think of anything good to write for the strength/weakness as a physicain question. I have some idea what i want to write for weakness but how should i know what my stregth as a physician would be. i mean, i know what my strengths are now but that's not the same thing. AGH!

this is more of a rant...

i've been sitting on this secondary for almost a month now. it's my last secondary out of 20 and i just cannot think of anything good to write for the strength/weakness as a physicain question. I have some idea what i want to write for weakness but how should i know what my stregth as a physician would be. i mean, i know what my strengths are now but that's not the same thing. AGH!

i totally feel your pain. after about a month, i finally manned up and got it done last night...

Anyone else interviewing on October 7? Does Rosalind Franklin give you the option to stay with current medical students? I wasn't told about that option in their email, but I think most medical schools let you do this?

Anyone else interviewing on October 7? Does Rosalind Franklin give you the option to stay with current medical students? I wasn't told about that option in their email, but I think most medical schools let you do this?

I emailed them abt this, the answer is no.

Does any one know Rosalind Franklin's policy on MCAT retakes? Do they take the most recent or the best overall?

Also, what is the teaching style like at this school? There is a Q asking why it would be a best fit for me. I need some info about the school and don't see much on the web site. I will look in the MSAR I guess.

Is there a site where I can check my status?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.