2009-2010 Saint Louis Unversity (SLU) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much are people actually writing for the what are you doing if you are not in school next year question? I'm only using about 800 characters to say what I'm doing and they give you 10000! Just wondering.
you dont need to write 10k, it doesnt matter, just say what your plans are and leave it at that...

on a side note i decided to note write the optional essay, i hope it doesnt hurt me...The way it was worded just made me feel like it truly was optional and it doesnt matter, that and I had nothing of true value to really say.:(

Members don't see this ad.

on a side note i decided to note write the optional essay, i hope it doesnt hurt me...The way it was worded just made me feel like it truly was optional and it doesnt matter, that and I had nothing of true value to really say.:(

I did not write the "extra comments" essay either. I spoke to a fourth year student earlier, and she told me that she did not write it either. She said it was optional.

do you guys know if we get an email if we're complete?

on the status site, it says my app is complete but on the page it only has MD app, photo, and fee on it and nothing about LORs or anything.... do you think we're complete if we have those other 3 things in?

they just don't say anything about LORs or anything of that nature

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys know if we get an email if we're complete?

on the status site, it says my app is complete but on the page it only has MD app, photo, and fee on it and nothing about LORs or anything.... do you think we're complete if we have those other 3 things in?

they just don't say anything about LORs or anything of that nature

I seem to remember them showing my LORs, but that may have been one of my other secondaries. I will check later.

I have not received any email about being complete, and I submitted less than two hours after they made the secondary available.

So I did actually write a brief schpeel for the optional section, on something I didn't mention in AMCAS - but when I preview, the paragraphs aren't separated. Everything is squashed into one huge paragraph. I'm probably going to submit in like 2 minutes, so this doesn't really matter...but is anyone else having this problem??

Just submitted. I don't see anything about LOR on there though. I guess I'm complete?

instructions page:

LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
The Committee will accept letters of recommendation through AMCAS. You will be unable to track recommendations received outside of AMCAS.................Please remember that your application is not complete until all letters of recommendation have been received.

So I did actually write a brief schpeel for the optional section, on something I didn't mention in AMCAS - but when I preview, the paragraphs aren't separated. Everything is squashed into one huge paragraph. I'm probably going to submit in like 2 minutes, so this doesn't really matter...but is anyone else having this problem??

I haven't filled the SLU app yet but this has happened to me for pretty much every other school's secondary that I've submitted so far. Apparently, it's just the way all essays automatically appear in the preview version. The other schools have said that once the Adcom downloads your app, they will see your essay in the normal format with separate paragraphs and everything.

why have i not gotten this one yet?! argh

Anyone having a problem submitting the payment? I was using a card and just kept getting some error screen.

why have i not gotten this one yet?! argh

I got it about a week or two ago... had some fun w/ the application and mentioned how good the BBQ was in St. Louieeeeeee

I can't pay either!!! I was all done and really wanted to submit!!!! :(

I called them today and they are having someone look into the problem, she said she would email me when it is resolved... just thought I would throw it out here so that maybe they won't get a million calls from nervous premeds! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried at about 11:30 am EST today to submit the payment, and I got an error page. Buffy, will you let us know when you get the email back saying it's fixed? I'd like to go ahead and send in my secondary as soon as possible.

Still no word. it is seriously the worst feeling to have finished a secondary and then not be able to submit... I worked so hard to get it done :(

They don't want your guys' money!

Lol, I would hope that's not true! They could at least get our money so they can use it to pay to send us rejection letters...:smuggrin::scared:

Hahaha, for real, rejection letters aren't free. Somebody has to pay for that stamp.

I haven't filled the SLU app yet but this has happened to me for pretty much every other school's secondary that I've submitted so far. Apparently, it's just the way all essays automatically appear in the preview version. The other schools have said that once the Adcom downloads your app, they will see your essay in the normal format with separate paragraphs and everything.

whoops. thanks potato. :)

Yep, I just sent mine in. Thanks for letting us know buffy!

My payment still won't go through...or Creighton's which uses the same format...

I just submitted my payment and app last night very late...

around 3 AM

It is good to be done.

so i submitted my supplementary app, and paid the fee.. but was planning on uploading the photo just a few hours later (i didnt have one on my computer). now after having submited it wont let me go to the upload photo page.. did anyone else have a similar problem? StL said that we can mail in photos so i put one in the mail this morning hoping it will not get lost on the way to my file... does that sound like it will work out? sorry, i just hate seeing that INCOMPLETE when i was so close to being finished.

so i submitted my supplementary app, and paid the fee.. but was planning on uploading the photo just a few hours later (i didnt have one on my computer). now after having submited it wont let me go to the upload photo page.. did anyone else have a similar problem? StL said that we can mail in photos so i put one in the mail this morning hoping it will not get lost on the way to my file... does that sound like it will work out? sorry, i just hate seeing that INCOMPLETE when i was so close to being finished.
sounds fine. Some schools ive mailed a photo in to. I wouldnt worry

hi uva, i mailed in my photo and it was quickly added to my file. saint louis' admissions office is really quick about it and they have been super nice to me over the phone. don't worry about it, it'll get there safely. just remember to put your name and amcas number on a coverletter or on the back of the photo.

So on the status check site, do you guys see Application Complete in green letters?

Mine said Application Complete before I even sent them my LORs. I think it's like a Fake Complete or something.

Did anyone get a random email today from SLU? Scared the pants off of me!

But all it said was something about their mission statement, their Jesuit philosophy, and how the encourage applications that mesh with those 2 things. Oh, and also an obligatory link to their website.

I dunno why they would be sending such info on a sunday night....

But all it said was something about their mission statement, their Jesuit philosophy, and how the encourage applications that mesh with those 2 things. Oh, and also an obligatory link to their website.

No. But that's random.:laugh:

nothing here, maybe tehy really want you to attend;)

You're not crazy. I got it too! I was so flipping scared!! Hahaha.. Thank God it was just that though!

hmm... maybe it has some sort of deeper meaning:

(a) we want you to know what we like in our applicants bc clearly you did not fit the bill

(b) we want to encourage you to look at our website to learn more about us bc we're probably gonna invite you for an interview

let's hope it's (b) :D

I got an email too and didn't even apply if that means anything...

i got an email here telling me about their schools and a link to check out their website!! are they trying to get me to apply :confused:

I didn't apply to SLU, and I got the same email late last night.

Does anybody mind posting all the secondary prompts for SLU? Thanks in advance.

Does anybody mind posting all the secondary prompts for SLU? Thanks in advance.
wow serious? Just look at the 1st post in the thread...why do we even make these threads on sdn lol.

wow serious? Just look at the 1st post in the thread...why do we even make these threads on sdn lol.

Is that the only prompt? I thought there might be more. Gee, sorry for asking a question.

Hey Elijah, is that your face or did your neck throw up?

Just messin' :D...how's the application cycle going for you? I've got 12/26 secs done and will finish em off this Thurs after my final post-bac class EVER!

Is that the only prompt? I thought there might be more. Gee, sorry for asking a question.
sorry i didnt mean that post to come off me sounding like a jerk :( sorry again dude. Anyways thats the only prompt per say. The rest are like only write an essay if you have graduated so you tell them your plans, or if u had any breaks in education things like that...sorry again :(

Hey Elijah, is that your face or did your neck throw up?

Just messin' :D...how's the application cycle going for you? I've got 12/26 secs done and will finish em off this Thurs after my final post-bac class EVER!
going ok i guess...got most of my 2ndaries done only like 8 left and 4 of those are screened (kinda hoping i dont get it in some ways ahah). Got a rejection today though that hurt :(.

sorry i didnt mean that post to come off me sounding like a jerk :( sorry again dude. Anyways thats the only prompt per say. The rest are like only write an essay if you have graduated so you tell them your plans, or if u had any breaks in education things like that...sorry again :(

haha its okay, thanks for answering my question though!

Status
Not open for further replies.