2010-2011 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.....should we still be holding out hope? What do you guys think?

The roster for the incoming class has been published, but I don't know for sure if this means the class is full and they've stopped pulling from the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

The roster for the incoming class has been published, but I don't know for sure if this means the class is full and they've stopped pulling from the waitlist.
Thanks for the help. Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

I talked to Lindsay today and she told me that, "there is still a lot of waitlist movement right now".... There are still flickers of hope! Being pulled from the waitlist at this point would be so amazing I wouldn't know what to do with myself (besides immediately accept of course:laugh:)

Members don't see this ad :)
A part of me feels like they'll be saying that until the first day of classes.

Any glimmer of hope is more than welcome at this point. I would be absolutely beside myself if I got in. I loved SLU

Got the official rejection email today...guess they're finally making some final decisions about waitlisted people...already started reapplying anyway so hopefully I'll have better luck this year :)...good luck to everyone still waiting!

Got the official rejection email today...guess they're finally making some final decisions about waitlisted people...already started reapplying anyway so hopefully I'll have better luck this year :)...good luck to everyone still waiting!

Same. Applied to SLU about 5 mins after being rejected from them. I've probably already annoyed them last cycle with update letters, but they're gonna have to keep putting up with me!

Hey everyone. First off, my condolences to those who got the rejection email and good luck reapplying. Not quite sure where that means the rest of us stand. Anyways, I received a response to my question today about whether they'll inform us as to our position on the list. It seems that you can request information in writing after the cycle has finished completely. Hope that helps!

Anyways, I received a response to my question today about whether they'll inform us as to our position on the list. It seems that you can request information in writing after the cycle has finished completely. Hope that helps!

So hypothetically we could find out we were one spot away from an acceptance... ho boy..

I had all but given up hope on SLU for this year but since I haven't gotten that rejection (yet...) I don't know anymore. Waitlist games suck.

Sorry for you guys who were rejected, we've all been in this group together for quite a while (seemingly an eternity sometimes) and I was really pulling for us all.

So hypothetically we could find out we were one spot away from an acceptance... ho boy..

I had all but given up hope on SLU for this year but since I haven't gotten that rejection (yet...) I don't know anymore. Waitlist games suck.

Sorry for you guys who were rejected, we've all been in this group together for quite a while (seemingly an eternity sometimes) and I was really pulling for us all.

Eh, don't feel too sorry for me at least. I'm pretty amped about my upcoming cycle and the things I'm doing this year and am a little relieved to not have "what if I have to move in a few days" in the back of my head.

Good luck to those of you who didn't get the email today. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I also received the formal rejection email. It's nice that the waiting is over. Good luck everyone!

Eh, don't feel too sorry for me at least. I'm pretty amped about my upcoming cycle and the things I'm doing this year and am a little relieved to not have "what if I have to move in a few days" in the back of my head.

That does make me nervous. Small price to pay, but still.

Best of luck to you! I'm still acting like I'll get a rejection and looking forward to a better cycle this time around as well.

Good luck to those of you who didn't get the email today. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Same here...I was bummed for a while, being on a few waitlists and not hearing back from anywhere, but while reapplying I've been thinking about how this year will give me a chance to finally have a break from school and just work and have fun while giving it another go

Just got the formal rejection email.....sigh. Good luck to everyone else

Sigh, just got the official rejection email... I was prepared for this, but was definitely still holding on to some hope of being pulled off. Dang.

Now to remain in quasi-agony over the other 4 wait lists I'm on till the cycle is officially over...........

Good luck everyone

Hey Guys, my condolences for those who applied but didn't get into SLU. Hopefully other plans worked out :)

Anyways, I'm applying to med school this summer and I would be happy to go to SLU. However, I don't have much research experience...

Will this hurt me much? Were there any of you who didn't have much research experience but were still accepted?

BTW I have a 3.8 GPA, 35 MCAT and solid volunteering ECs and shadowing.

Thanks!

Hey Guys, my condolences for those who applied but didn't get into SLU. Hopefully other plans worked out :)

Anyways, I'm applying to med school this summer and I would be happy to go to SLU. However, I don't have much research experience...

Will this hurt me much? Were there any of you who didn't have much research experience but were still accepted?

Thanks!

I think you're thinking about the other University in St. Louis. SLU wasn't too heavy on research. Have a good, well rounded application and you'll get an interview.

3.94 uGPA, 34Q MCAT, OOS, NO RESEARCH and I got an interview if that helps you to see one person comparable to you. :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.