2010-2011 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for those who got interview invites earlier, were there any interview dates available in september? i just got the invite and september shows up as a blank, which makes me think they're all filled...?

Members don't see this ad.

for those who got interview invites earlier, were there any interview dates available in september? i just got the invite and september shows up as a blank, which makes me think they're all filled...?

i assumed they were all filled since nothing was available then as well for me.

does anyone know how I would set up to stay with a student host? The first interview email links something that does not appear to have any information about that

QuesoandFromage: I called admissions last week about the start time. They said to be there at 7:15am for check-in. The day will officially start at 8am.

Members don't see this ad :)
So for the tours of the student-run clinics, are we expected to dress professionally? Or is it more casual? For the interview, I have a gray suit, but I was thinking of wearing a button-down blouse and black slacks (I'm female) for the Saturday tour. Thoughts?

So for the tours of the student-run clinics, are we expected to dress professionally? Or is it more casual? For the interview, I have a gray suit, but I was thinking of wearing a button-down blouse and black slacks (I'm female) for the Saturday tour. Thoughts?

1st, congratulations on the interview! Umm... there will be patients at the clinics, so I recommend business casual. I think you'll be fine with what you are planning to wear. Good luck!

1st, congratulations on the interview! Umm... there will be patients at the clinics, so I recommend business casual. I think you'll be fine with what you are planning to wear. Good luck!

Thanks!! :) Yeah, that's what I figured, just wanted to double check. And I was hoping we wouldn't have to wear suits again. I feel like I'm already going to roast on interview day (apparently it's still hot in Sacramento in Sept).

Thanks!! :) Yeah, that's what I figured, just wanted to double check. And I was hoping we wouldn't have to wear suits again. I feel like I'm already going to roast on interview day (apparently it's still hot in Sacramento in Sept).

You just missed the unseasonably cool temperature we have been experiencing :) You should expect 100 degrees or so for both Friday and Saturday :eek:

You just missed the unseasonably cool temperature we have been experiencing :) You should expect 100 degrees or so for both Friday and Saturday :eek:

:eek: Indeed!!! Great, I'm going to sweat profusely all over my interviewers... At least my suit isn't black, but I don't think that will help too much in 100 deg weather!!

:eek: Indeed!!! Great, I'm going to sweat profusely all over my interviewers... At least my suit isn't black, but I don't think that will help too much in 100 deg weather!!

It is not 100 degrees in the education building :thumbup:

It is not 100 degrees in the education building :thumbup:

Hahaha true :). But isn't there an outside tour of the campus or anything like that on interview day?

i assumed they were all filled since nothing was available then as well for me.

does anyone know how I would set up to stay with a student host? The first interview email links something that does not appear to have any information about that

When I was scheduling the interview, there were dates in September that were available. I am guessing they are all filled.

I got an e-mail exactly 1 week before my interview date with a contact info of student host coordinator. :) They will get you all the info you need before the interview, so don't worry~

BTW, my interview confirmation e-mail does tell me to be there at 7:15AM. Besides... I'd rather be 45 min early than 45 min late. ;)

for the people who got rejected, when did you submit your app? i guess i'm just preparing for the worst..

Does anyone know what time the clinic tours are held on Saturday? I'd like to see the clinics but I need to plan my flight accordingly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so about interview dates, I heard there are different dates for students that applied as disadvantaged vs. other students. So that could be why the earliest date is october, but it could also be that they still haven't decided on all their interview dates.

Secondly, about the new interview, I heard (from a friend who knows the dean) that it will be a panel-like format! Oye! But, I also heard that you will find out the result of the interview very soon afterwards...like a week or two!

Does anyone mind sharing which interview dates they see as available? The earliest one I see is in December... :confused:

Hey so about interview dates, I heard there are different dates for students that applied as disadvantaged vs. other students. So that could be why the earliest date is october, but it could also be that they still haven't decided on all their interview dates.

Secondly, about the new interview, I heard (from a friend who knows the dean) that it will be a panel-like format! Oye! But, I also heard that you will find out the result of the interview very soon afterwards...like a week or two!

Panel-like format?? I thought the interview invite email mentioned MMI?? Can anyone clarify the format UCD is doing?

Panel-like format?? I thought the interview invite email mentioned MMI?? Can anyone clarify the format UCD is doing?

I'm 100% sure it's MMI--I went to Davis for undergrad and recently went to an interview workshop on campus. The pre-med advisor talked about the MMI format briefly.

Good luck to everyone who has an interview at Davis! I haven't heard the verdict yet...boo.

I was wondering what is the possibility of your application being MIA.

I was completed on the 19th of July, still no news. Anyone else in the same boat?

I was complete mid July and have yet to hear anything either. No news is good news though, right? I'm guessing those of us that didn't quite make the first cut are on hold and will be evaluated again later.

Ya, sorry guys for the confusion in my last post. You are right, it's not a panel, i was confusing this with something else. I just got this from a Med Student at Davis today, passing it on to you all, hope it helps! 10 interview stations!

I personally am excited for this format of interview instead of the basic one on one.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/newsro...=http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu&table=published

thanks for posting that article! didn't know about this, but glad that i have time to register that before heading up to davis

Anyone have any info on how the 1st interview session went on Friday?

Hi everyone!

I recently got the interview invite, and I tried scheduling it on the applicant portal, but the only date available seemed to be Dec 3. However, the red message on the interview tab said "check back for additional interview dates." Does that mean all interview dates before Dec 3 are completely filled and any additional days will be scheduled after Dec?

Anyone have any info on how the 1st interview session went on Friday?

Also, to those who had the interview, the entire interview day takes place at the Sacramento campus, correct? From reading through the interview feedback on SDN, it seemed like in previous years at least, the interviews took place at BOTH the Sacramento and Davis campuses.

Do you guys know which classes fulfill their upper div bio requirement? I mean i already took molecular bio and genetics, but they count them as lower divs at my school. Anyone here from UCLA ? Which classes did you put down as fulfilling this requirement?

Also, to those who had the interview, the entire interview day takes place at the Sacramento campus, correct? From reading through the interview feedback on SDN, it seemed like in previous years at least, the interviews took place at BOTH the Sacramento and Davis campuses.

It's all in Sacto, I haven't been to the Davis campus apart from the whitecoat ceremony.

Yea, interviews took place at the Education Building at Sac campus. :)

has anyone received information regarding the availability of student hosts in Sacramento?

Do you guys know which classes fulfill their upper div bio requirement? I mean i already took molecular bio and genetics, but they count them as lower divs at my school. Anyone here from UCLA ? Which classes did you put down as fulfilling this requirement?

I suppose it would depend on your major. some majors, such as PhySci are all upper div bio. I just put down some of those classes such as systems anatomy and physiology classes (it's human biology). I have been told that Biochem 153L can count toward it, but you would be best off calling Davis. Anything 100 and above in number is upper div at UCLA. LS1-4 probably won't count. Hopefully that helps. What's your major?

Another question to anyone who already had the interview: I wish they would give us the schedule beforehand (not the day of the interview), but what do you do exactly from 7:15am-3:30pm. Surely the interview only lasts an hour or so.. is there a tour of the campus? Any other activities?

I was wondering what is the possibility of your application being MIA.

I was completed on the 19th of July, still no news. Anyone else in the same boat?

I was complete on July 21 and no word yet. It seems like we were looked at and didn't fit into either the interview or reject pile. I'm trying to think of this as a positive thing (not being rejected) but its hard...

I was complete on July 21 and no word yet. It seems like we were looked at and didn't fit into either the interview or reject pile. I'm trying to think of this as a positive thing (not being rejected) but its hard...

Same here. I see people getting interviews and people being rejected... but on I sit at "completed"...

We're their backup plan :p

After being in limbo for a month and a half, I got an interview! So that's good news to those who feel like they've been complete forever. That said, it shows that the only date that I can sign up for an interview is Dec. 17? It doesn't show anything before or after! Weird... that can't be right.

cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.6
MCAT: 37

In State

Rejected. Super sad. Was one of my first choices

can anyone who has been to their interview give us some more insight about the whole MMI process?

I'm interviewing at UCD this Friday, anyone else on here interviewing the same day? I'm renting a car to explore Sacramento and wondering if anyone wants to join me.

Hey Alexandro.. I'm also interviewing this Friday. Are you staying with a student host?

The first rule of MMI......

They sign waivers saying they won't speak about it:)

HAHAHA, seriously?? The mystery of it all is killing me!! I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to prepare for it!

HAHAHA, seriously?? The mystery of it all is killing me!! I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to prepare for it!
Yep, seriously.

And don't go crazy! Don't worry about it! It levels the playing field. Just relax; from what I've been told about MMI in general, the more you try to prepare the more you will screw yourself over.

Just go in, be yourself, do your best, and it will be fine.

x

Last edited:
Does Davis generally send rejections by a certain time for its first cut (i.e. BU is notorious for the 3 week email)? There's not necessarily a guarantee of interviewing if you pass the 3 week mark, but in that case you have at least passed the first cuts. It seems like Davis does a similar thing? Anyone have a grip on how quickly they are rejecting people (2-4 weeks after completion?) or is it quicker? Any thoughts or information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.