2010-2011 University of Virginia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
I got one today. OOS, complete 8/4. So excited!

Anyone remember how long it was between when you submitted the secondary and when your letters showed up and you got the complete email?

is there a complete email i should be expecting? the status page says they've received everything and that my "application is ready" (7/6), but i haven't received a complete email yet...

Anyone remember how long it was between when you submitted the secondary and when your letters showed up and you got the complete email?

I submitted late on 8/4 (past 10PM) and when I checked the next day, I was complete. There was no complete email, only a confirmation email acknowledging that you paid and submitted, with a reminder to send in letters if you hadn't already.

@BiochemGuy - I just linked to my mdapps, finally. 41/3.9/OOS

I submitted late on 8/4 (past 10PM) and when I checked the next day, I was complete. There was no complete email, only a confirmation email acknowledging that you paid and submitted, with a reminder to send in letters if you hadn't already.

@BiochemGuy - I just linked to my mdapps, finally. 41/3.9/OOS

Nice..

To people who got interview invites: What days could you guys choose from? I'm getting a choice of 5 dates in September, all Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and I'm wondering if there's any chance I could get a Thursday interview instead...

To people who got interview invites: What days could you guys choose from? I'm getting a choice of 5 dates in September, all Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and I'm wondering if there's any chance I could get a Thursday interview instead...

Yeah dude I saw the same thing and am worried about the possibility of missing so much class in the middle of the week. Maybe call the office of admissions and ask if dates closer to the weekend are available?

I just submitted, and the status page says that they haven't received my letters. I find this odd because every other school has my letters.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Thanks!

I just submitted, and the status page says that they haven't received my letters. I find this odd because every other school has my letters.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Thanks!

Same for me. They probably just don't download them immediately after you submit. It's been about a week for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
He he... you're from Colorado. Be prepared to be asked if you ski or snowboard.

Never even thought of that. I do ski. However, not nearly as much since I became a broke college student and my parents don't take me.

And, I had a season pass in high school that ended with my car's transmission blowing out and my two friends totaling their cars, by wrecking into each other. I hate I-70.

Never even thought of that. I do ski. However, not nearly as much since I became a broke college student and my parents don't take me.

And, I had a season pass in high school that ended with my car's transmission blowing out and my two friends totaling their cars, by wrecking into each other. I hate I-70.

Yeah, I-70 sucks. So do the roads going into the Sangre de Cristo's... the dad of one of my sisters' friends died in a really bad car accident last winter going through those.

But I don't ski or snowboard, and people looked at me like I was nuts when I told them that. Cause that's all Colorado's good for, you know :rolleyes:

Yep, same here...Kind of a problem for me since I have to travel from CA and don't want to miss too much work. Maybe they just haven't made all the dates available yet?

^
They're waiting until the earlier slots fill up before releasing the later ones, since they figure they won't be able to fill the ones in September once the others open up. I was told they've added an August 31st date, though I can't see it yet.

Yeah they're still saying they haven't gotten my letters, even though AMCAS is saying they've received them as well as other schools. Wonder what's up. Really would like to get that "Complete" email.

is there a complete email i should be expecting? the status page says they've received everything and that my "application is ready" (7/6), but i haven't received a complete email yet...

i got a complete email.

"Your 2011 application to the School of Medicine is now complete with AMCAS application, Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation. yada yada "

i got a complete email.

"Your 2011 application to the School of Medicine is now complete with AMCAS application, Supplemental Application, and letters of recommendation. yada yada "

I'm assuming they download in batches and that's why some of us who have all our stuff in aren't getting the complete email yet...at least I hope.

I'm assuming they download in batches and that's why some of us who have all our stuff in aren't getting the complete email yet...at least I hope.

yeah, i assigned my letters a week or two before finishing my essays so they showed up in their system by the time i logged back in to submit the application. after submitting, it took about 4 days to receive the complete email.

Yeah they're still saying they haven't gotten my letters, even though AMCAS is saying they've received them as well as other schools. Wonder what's up. Really would like to get that "Complete" email.
I had the same problem, but I called the office yesterday and got my complete email today. Sounds like a lot of people are having issues.

I had the same problem, but I called the office yesterday and got my complete email today. Sounds like a lot of people are having issues.

Did they do something specifically after you called or were they about to send you the complete email anyways?

I never got a complete email, just the interview invite email (but, I had to fill out the in-state form).

I never got a complete email, just the interview invite email (but, I had to fill out the in-state form).

I'm in-state too. Your post gives me some relief. Hopefully I'm in the same boat.

Is anyone driving through North Carolina for an interview around the 8th? I am interviewing at Wake Forest on the 7th and renting a car to get to Charlottesville is super pricey. Carpool? I will split the cost in your favor!

If you guys are having issues with the computer set-up or whatever, please feel free to call the admissions office, or send them a quick e-mail. All the ladies in the admissions office are amazing and want to help you.

The way the secondary was set up last year (I don't know how it's done this year), you could save and you could submit it, but you couldn't submit it after you submitted payment. Well, I hit 'save' and then went on to pay thinking I had hit submit. I didn't get a complete e-mail, so I sent them a message and the woman who helped me completed me and sent an e-mail on the spot. They're there to help you.

Did they do something specifically after you called or were they about to send you the complete email anyways?
She looked at my app and saw that I didn't have letters. Then she looked at AMCAS and saw that I did have letters. So she told me she'd talk to the tech guy and that I'd be complete in a day or two.

So I emailed them today and two hours later they sent a "complete" email. The thing is when I check my status on the website, it say's my letters were received 8/5. So I'm hoping that I've actually been complete since then, not starting today. I guess it's just a waiting game now. :xf:

Just got an interview invite :D. Still not sure if I was complete yesterday or 8/5, but I'm thinking it was probably the latter.

Interview Invite! Scheduled for 9/22

Complete: July 9 3.7/39

I'm in-state and attended UVA for my undergraduate. :D

Interview Invite! Scheduled for 9/22

Complete: July 9 3.7/39

I'm in-state and attended UVA for my undergraduate. :D

I should maybe also say that I'm an alumna (though they wouldn't consider me in-state for tuition purposes anymore), and I believe UVA tends to favor their own, a lot. (I don't have any stats, that's just what I've heard.)

quick question-for the relatives section it asks for family who have attendED UVA, should I list my brother who is currently a student?

You should include it. They're seeing if you know people who have experience with the school.

As far as UVA undergrads are concerned with admissions, my impression is not that they are favored, but rather that the most academically competitive Virginians tend to go to UVA. Also, nearly every single applicant that went to Virginia applies to the school, so it's not surprising that they're highly represented. Their law school is UVA-heavy as well.

Is anyone else holding out for a later interview date? I got the invite over a week ago but so far none of the dates that they've posted will work for me.

Does anyone know if they confirm receipt of the residency form? I couldn't fedex it because it goes to a PO box so i'm a bit concerned.

IS interview invite! Took me forever to get the residency form in.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if we can request a later date than what is available (currently only 5 dates show up for me as available)? Scheduling these interviews is really tricky for those of us traveling from far away...looks like Charlottesville isn't the easiest place to get to.

Do we know if UVA reads the LORs before sending out invites?

Tippyboat,

I don't know if they read your LORs before invites (I assume they do, but I don't know the interworkings of the admissions office), but if you do get an invite, they will know your application very well when you interview. Just a heads up.

If anyone is interviewing this week, feel free to stop in and talk to the first years. The learning studio is right next to the admissions office, and we'll be in there M, W, and F morning. Tuesday and Thursday we'll be up on the third floor auditorium, and I'm pretty sure the 2nd year class will be in the learning studio (for the first time). It'll be pretty boring to watch if you come any day besides Friday, because we only have lectures in the time before you start your interview day. If you're staying with a second year (the first years aren't taking over until the end of September for hosting), feel free to ask them to hand you off to their little sibs.

At any rate, good luck!

Along the same lines as mvenus--good luck guys! It will be strange seeing the interview process from the other side of things. Let us know if you have any questions about the school.

mvenus--do you know if we'll be invited to talk to the interviewees at all? Are fourth year students still giving the tours?

This thread is so quiet! Not sure why UVA gets no love on SDN. Is anyone else interviewing on Sept. 21?

Good luck to those interviewing! It'll be a relaxed time, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.