2011-2012 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the waitlist and got a call this morning that I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it. To everyone who has not gotten in somewhere believe me...DO NOT GIVE UP...even if you dont get in this year...DO NOT GIVE UP...I know its easier for me to say this now but it is the exact same thing I said to myself when I didnt do well the first time I took the MCAT or when I applied the first time and didnt get a single interview or I worried about my gpa and if I should even be applying. Surround yourselves with good positive people and just keep at it!!! It will happen. :)
Congratulations and thank you for the positive vibe!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was on the waitlist and got a call this morning that I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it. To everyone who has not gotten in somewhere believe me...DO NOT GIVE UP...even if you dont get in this year...DO NOT GIVE UP...I know its easier for me to say this now but it is the exact same thing I said to myself when I didnt do well the first time I took the MCAT or when I applied the first time and didnt get a single interview or I worried about my gpa and if I should even be applying. Surround yourselves with good positive people and just keep at it!!! It will happen. :)

congrats!!
I've been sitting by the phone this whole time, wonder if they'd call everyone or just by chance.

by the way should I call Mr.Hunter or try to wait a bit more, since I've heard words about 'dont call them unless they call you so you won't annoy them' but I do have a tiny update on what I'm currently doing

best wishes for everyone else waiting!

Definitely give them a call, especially if you have an update. Don't ever feel like you're annoying them. Most of them seem super helpful.

Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely give them a call, especially if you have an update. Don't ever feel like you're annoying them. Most of them seem super helpful.

Good luck!!!

I agree completely. I kept them updated with any new relevant activities. Mr. Hunter is also relatively good about emails. It may not be as immediate as a phone call but it still shows persistent effort on your part if you are not able to get in contact with someone over the phone. I wish everyone the very best!!

I just got accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago! To reiterate what people had been saying before, seriously do not give up. I myself had a tough weekend where my roommate got into Medical College of Georgia. I was so happy for him but so worried about my own situation. But I didn't give up and I tried to keep my spirits high! Keep positive!!

I just got accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago! To reiterate what people had been saying before, seriously do not give up. I myself had a tough weekend where my roommate got into Medical College of Georgia. I was so happy for him but so worried about my own situation. But I didn't give up and I tried to keep my spirits high! Keep positive!!

GRATS!!
just wish to ask, did they call you too or you received a mail?

GRATS!!
just wish to ask, did they call you too or you received a mail?

Brandon Hunter called. I was taking a break from work, eating a twizzler at my desk, and when I got the call, that twizzler just went flying out of my hand. Teared up a bit at work too, not going to lie.

Brandon Hunter called. I was taking a break from work, eating a twizzler at my desk, and when I got the call, that twizzler just went flying out of my hand. Teared up a bit at work too, not going to lie.

awesome thank you!
wonder what will happen if we missed the call

Congratulations and you must be on cloud nine!!! Can't wait to get "that call" from Mr. Hunter!!

Members don't see this ad :)
awesome thank you!
wonder what will happen if we missed the call

I actually missed the call when he first called and he left a message. I immediately called him back and he gave me the news.

just withdrew. good luck to all those on the waitlist! :)

just withdrew. good luck to all those on the waitlist! :)

yeah thanks for inform us here! hopefully you got into your ideal school & good luck with your decision!

by the way anyone else received phone calls today?

yeah thanks for inform us here! hopefully you got into your ideal school & good luck with your decision!

by the way anyone else received phone calls today?
I have not heard anything!! Just waiting anxiously!!

Pulled off the waitlist on Monday too. :) I also received a call. Don't give up!

I was called and accepted yesterday! DO NOT GIVE UP! WHATEVER YOUR SPIRITUALITY IS, TAP INTO IT. JUST STAY POSITIVE IT TOOK ME 2 YEARS TO GET IN. PERSEVERANCE IS KEY!

I was called and accepted yesterday! DO NOT GIVE UP! WHATEVER YOUR SPIRITUALITY IS, TAP INTO IT. JUST STAY POSITIVE IT TOOK ME 2 YEARS TO GET IN. PERSEVERANCE IS KEY!

Congrats!!!!!

Congrats too!!
the waiting is so intense, I wasn't able to have a good sleep for the past few days :(

Congratulations and I am trying my best to stay positive, but it is so difficult!! I hate this waiting and not knowing what I will be doing if I do not get in!! Just trying to figure things out!!

This was not my first time applying so just stay positive and don't give up! Everything will happen when the time is right. I wish you all the best of luck. It's been a long time coming for me so I do know the struggles involved.

Wow, this forum is so quiet!! No calls thus far for those on the waitlist, I guess!! I am getting really anxious!! MSM, I am so ready to be part of your family!!

wow, this forum is so quiet!! No calls thus far for those on the waitlist, i guess!! I am getting really anxious!! Msm, i am so ready to be part of your family!!

+1!!!!!!!!!!

Got a call from Mr. Hunter this afternoon, I have been acceptted!! OMG!!! Cannot wait to start. MSM what an honor to be part of your family!! I just cannot explain what I am feeling at this moment. OH God my prayers have been answered in such a big way!! Thank you , thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user
Got a call from Mr. Hunter this afternoon, I have been acceptted!! OMG!!! Cannot wait to start. MSM what an honor to be part of your family!! I just cannot explain what I am feeling at this moment. OH God my prayers have been answered in such a big way!! Thank you , thank you!!

Congrads!

congrats!! everyday my cellphone never leave my side, wish I could become a part of this as well :(

should I give Mr. Hunter a call? I've called the number listed for a few times, but I never got to talk to Mr. Hunter

congrats!! everyday my cellphone never leave my side, wish I could become a part of this as well :(

should I give Mr. Hunter a call? I've called the number listed for a few times, but I never got to talk to Mr. Hunter
Just go with your heart, my friend!! I did send updates and called Mr.Hunter, but he never ever gave me a hint, as to where my ranking was!!! I swear to God, I sweated it out everyday and every moment. Today, when I got the call from area code (404) and thinking that was the end of my journey. Hearing his voice and telling me I was accepted was and is still surreal, a fog, dream.....I stumbled numerous times with him .... n hope, I remember vividly telling him "I accept". In my mind, I honestly n truly thought he was calling me to tell me I was rejected!! U can tell, this means the world to be part of MSM!! I am and please do not give up hope!! I know it is easier said than done!! Hang in there!!

CONGRATS!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! :thumbup::clap:

Congrats!! :clap:

Just go with your heart, my friend!! I did send updates and called Mr.Hunter, but he never ever gave me a hint, as to where my ranking was!!! I swear to God, I sweated it out everyday and every moment. Today, when I got the call from area code (404) and thinking that was the end of my journey. Hearing his voice and telling me I was accepted was and is still surreal, a fog, dream.....I stumbled numerous times with him .... n hope, I remember vividly telling him "I accept". In my mind, I honestly n truly thought he was calling me to tell me I was rejected!! U can tell, this means the world to be part of MSM!! I am and please do not give up hope!! I know it is easier said than done!! Hang in there!!

Haha my experience was similar to this. As soon as I saw the 404, my heart jumped and I remember not knowing what to say when he asked me if I knew why he was calling. After the call I kept asking myself and my co-workers, "Is this a dream? Is this real life?" I kept thinking I was going to wake up in my bed at home. You will never forgot that call; that memory will stay with you for as long as you live. Congratulations, you're gonna be a doc! Enjoy the high as long as you can!!

When I was waiting, I kept emailing him just things like when the adcoms would meet or when we would expect to hear this month. I've always wondered if making your presence known to the admissions director helps or not. Does he have a say in the admission process? Or does he handle strictly logistical/office/matriculation stuff?

Thank you all for the support and kind words!! This forum has been a blessing!! All of you on the Waitlist, just hang in there!!

Thank you all for the support and kind words!! This forum has been a blessing!! All of you on the Waitlist, just hang in there!!

You have no idea how happy I am for you!!!! I have been rooting for you this whole time. I'm so glad everything worked out for the best!

Seems like I'll be seeing you in July! :highfive:

Thank you for your support RefinedMess!! Glad I am attending MSM and am going to be meeting my Forum buddies!! Can't wait to meet you all!!

Last edited:
The first question I was asked during my interview: Are you Christian or are you Muslim? (lolwut)

Got accepted off of waitlist.

Declined the spot.

Hopefully someone who wants to go here gets the spot!

The first question I was asked during my interview: Are you Christian or are you Muslim? (lolwut)

oh wow that was the weirdest question I could imagine....
grats on the acceptance (assume you got a better offer somewhere else already)
just wondering, when did they called you for the acceptance?

yeah that is weird.

thanks for the update and congrats.

Got accepted off of waitlist.

Declined the spot.

Hopefully someone who wants to go here gets the spot!

I'm hoping good news comes out this final week. Good luck to you guys and I hope to see ya soon

Status
Not open for further replies.