2011-2012 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my wait list letter today too. Interviewed on February 10, and I'm OOS. Seems like everybody got wait listed although I did hear about a friend of a friend who is a Georgia resident and was accepted yesterday. I'm really hoping and praying that spots open up for those of us who were wait listed!

Members don't see this ad.

Got my wait list letter today too. Interviewed on February 10, and I'm OOS. Seems like everybody got wait listed although I did hear about a friend of a friend who is a Georgia resident and was accepted yesterday. I'm really hoping and praying that spots open up for those of us who were wait listed!
"Amen"!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance letter yesterday. So excited!!

Congratulations! Guys it has been an honor applying, interviewing and being accepted to such a wonderful school. Unfortunately, due to finances unless Morehouse gives me a decent scholarship I will probably be withdrawing around May 15. I hope my acceptance goes to a worthy applicant. Best of luck to all of you and Morehouse! :thumbup:

The waitlist letter says the list isn't ranked. So no

I know I just felt like maybe they just tell us that so we don't try to figure out who is on priority or not lol. O well it was worth a try! I hope I get an acceptance letter soon. I wish everyone the best of luck!

Does anyone know the first day of class for Morehouse? For some reason, I was thinking that they start early (ie. late July)...Is MSM's decision deadline May 15th or April 15th?

Does anyone know the first day of class for Morehouse? For some reason, I was thinking that they start early (ie. late July)...Is MSM's decision deadline May 15th or April 15th?

Yeah I think its right after 4th of July is when you are supposed to report for orientation/class. According to AMCAS that means its April 15th

i saw an earlier post saying that morehouse placed ALL early decision applications into the Regular pool....was it really?? did they just all of a sudden decide to do that?
i
my friend and i were thinking about applying early decision this fall, but what if morehouse do that again? what if they just move all of the ED applications to regular?

does morehouse often move early decision applications to regular application pool?

thank you!

i saw an earlier post saying that morehouse placed ALL early decision applications into the Regular pool....was it really?? did they just all of a sudden decide to do that?
i
my friend and i were thinking about applying early decision this fall, but what if morehouse do that again? what if they just move all of the ED applications to regular?

does morehouse often move early decision applications to regular application pool?

thank you!

Bad idea. Apply regular. You can't trust this school and their admissions office like that. There were ED applicants on my interview day in late September who didn't hear back for weeks! It was pretty ridiculous and I'd be furious if I was them.

Does anyone have an idea as to how many Waitlisted/Alternate candidates were admitted to MSM? I have been looking at different sites and have not come into any concerte numbers!! Just praying and keeping my fingers crossed!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got a rejection letter from Morehouse after getting no play all season. Congrats to all of the acceptees! It's all HBCU love :)

Finally got a rejection letter from Morehouse after getting no play all season. Congrats to all of the acceptees! It's all HBCU love :)

+1. I could have been spared the waiting:mad: but I still thank God for all that he has in store for me:) I pray all of you waiting are granted those acceptances!

To those who received rejection letters, please do not give up your dream of becoming a Doctor!! Stay positive and figure out what you can do next!! I am waitlisted and I do not know what the outcome of my situation is going to be too!! Trully understand what everyone is going through!!

Last edited:
Hi do any of you know when the financial aid package will be send to us ?

Hi everyone! Since being wait-listed, has anyone been able to make contact (via phone or e-mail) with the admissions office/director?

I called this morning (waitlisted also..but I never got a letter). Mr. Hunter said the waitlist is ranked, but they don't tell what number you are on the waitlist or how many people are on the waitlist. He said the last day for them to tell you was the day before orientation (July 2). Best wishes to all of us and I will defnitielty be praying!! :)

I have not heard anything. That makes sense that it is ranked.

I called this morning (waitlisted also..but I never got a letter). Mr. Hunter said the waitlist is ranked, but they don't tell what number you are on the waitlist or how many people are on the waitlist. He said the last day for them to tell you was the day before orientation (July 2). Best wishes to all of us and I will defnitielty be praying!! :)
....I wonder why they would tell a completely different story on the waitlist letter??!

Has anyone been accepted off of the waiting list yet?

Looking at past threads, there doesn't seem to be movement until mid to late May.

I agree. The deadline for students to let schools know if they are or are not attending is May 15, so there probably won't be much happening until around that time. I'm anxious and nervous, but excited at the same time. Good luck everyone! :)

I agree. The deadline for students to let schools know if they are or are not attending is May 15, so there probably won't be much happening until around that time. I'm anxious and nervous, but excited at the same time. Good luck everyone! :)
Thanks for the info and positive vibe!!

No problem at all. I know it's really easy to get discouraged (well at least for me) and I just feel like the goal is impossible/unattainable sometimes. I think "oh man, my GPA isn't this, or my MCAT isn't this, I should have done more xyz." People are always saying just have faith and believe, and I want to scream "you don't understand!" I always have so many questions "why do I have to wait so long?" "what's the purpose in going through this?"

Here's a scripture that helps me get back on track, Jeremiah 32:27, "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?. After I read this, I always feel so silly for all the doubt I have, and I realize God can't bless you if you're always worried about the million little things that could go wrong. Just continue to pray and have faith, and ask that He gives you the strength you need while you wait

Well, that's my spill for the day! Hahaha, Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!! :)

No problem at all. I know it's really easy to get discouraged (well at least for me) and I just feel like the goal is impossible/unattainable sometimes. I think "oh man, my GPA isn't this, or my MCAT isn't this, I should have done more xyz." People are always saying just have faith and believe, and I want to scream "you don't understand!" I always have so many questions "why do I have to wait so long?" "what's the purpose in going through this?"

Here's a scripture that helps me get back on track, Jeremiah 32:27, "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?. After I read this, I always feel so silly for all the doubt I have, and I realize God can't bless you if you're always worried about the million little things that could go wrong. Just continue to pray and have faith, and ask that He gives you the strength you need while you wait

Well, that's my spill for the day! Hahaha, Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!! :)
thanks for writing this I've been really going through it. All the things that you said are what I feel. I'm encouraged

Amazing. Same boat as you. :)

MSM has a 100% Step 1 pass rate for the second year in a row!!!! So many great things happening ��

Withdrawing my app today :( ... MSM is a great school so I hope my spot goes to one of you very deserving candidates!

Withdrawing my app today :( ... MSM is a great school so I hope my spot goes to one of you very deserving candidates!
What a great gift this will be if I get this spot!! My Mother's Day gift to my Mum who has been through the highs and lows with me in this long journey!!

Good luck SophisticateDrD!! Thank you for sharing your decision with us Waitlisters!!

Officially withdrew my acceptance today, I hope one of you gets to attend this amazing school.

Officially withdrew my acceptance today, I hope one of you gets to attend this amazing school.
Good luck flodhi1!! Thank you for letting us Waitlisters know of your decision!! MSM is an amazing school!!

Any of you Waitlist Candidates heard from MSM about your status?

I was on the waitlist and got a call this morning that I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it. To everyone who has not gotten in somewhere believe me...DO NOT GIVE UP...even if you dont get in this year...DO NOT GIVE UP...I know its easier for me to say this now but it is the exact same thing I said to myself when I didnt do well the first time I took the MCAT or when I applied the first time and didnt get a single interview or I worried about my gpa and if I should even be applying. Surround yourselves with good positive people and just keep at it!!! It will happen. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I was on the waitlist and got a call this morning that I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it. To everyone who has not gotten in somewhere believe me...DO NOT GIVE UP...even if you dont get in this year...DO NOT GIVE UP...I know its easier for me to say this now but it is the exact same thing I said to myself when I didnt do well the first time I took the MCAT or when I applied the first time and didnt get a single interview or I worried about my gpa and if I should even be applying. Surround yourselves with good positive people and just keep at it!!! It will happen. :)

Congads! I am :xf: that I get a call too.. So nervous. Thanks for sharing!!!

Congrats! I wish you the best!

Congrats! Did they send a follow-up email after the call?

Congrats!!!!!! :):thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.