2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone accepted with an interview later than 9/21?

Accepted; interviewed on 9/28. Stats are on my MDApps, for those who've asked above.

Who are the other couple 9/28 peeps on here? I'll try to PM you guys.

Congrats/good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted; interviewed on 9/28. Stats are on my MDApps, for those who've asked above.

Who are the other couple 9/28 peeps on here? I'll try to PM you guys.

Congrats/good luck everyone!!

Wuddup! Accepted and interviewed 9/28. I already figured out who you are jchap haha. PM me 9/28'ers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm I've been too stressed out lately to feel elated..so not sure if I interviewed 9/17 or 9/24? Was sure it was a Monday and there were a couple of U of I alums there?

Congrats everyone! Did people submit the deposit yet?

Hmm I've been too stressed out lately to feel elated..so not sure if I interviewed 9/17 or 9/24? Was sure it was a Monday and there were a couple of U of I alums there?

Congrats everyone! Did people submit the deposit yet?

Monday? When I received my II they were only giving me Weds options in September. Intriguing.

Anyways, I have not submitted the deposit, but that was because I was out of town until last night. I'm going to do that by EOB tomorrow since I'm going out of town again tomorrow night... :scared:

Congratulations to everyone who's received good news thus far, and hang in there everyone else! It really is crazy early and it doesn't matter if you get in first or last, just so long as you get in! :luck::luck::luck:

What the!?

I don't remember reading anything about not being able to copy and paste responses into the secondary (I apologize for all those reading this who were done with their secondaries back in June), but my quotations and apostrophes got screwed up in the PDF document. I copied and pasted my responses into a text edit document and then into Gmail to try to be safe about everything, but apparently that didn't work.

So, I emailed them to see if there was anything to be done. The response I got was, "It is acceptable to have longer responses that extend beyond the space. We receive a symbol notification that indicates there is additional information past the text box on your Supplemental."

That was NOT what I was asking about!!! Do these people even read our emails? :mad:

So can anyone confirm that the version they read doesn't have messed up quotation marks and apostrophes? Worst case scenario, they are going to see a few weird little accented "i"s.

Thanks!

Nevermind... everything is going to be okay (I think!). The second response I got:

"For some reason the pdf version that is sent to you has some errors but the one that the admissions committee does not. We have had several problems with this and are trying to correct our error. If we need anything from you we will let you know."

Hope this helps anyone who's in the same boat as me.

Monday? When I received my II they were only giving me Weds options in September. Intriguing.

Anyways, I have not submitted the deposit, but that was because I was out of town until last night. I'm going to do that by EOB tomorrow since I'm going out of town again tomorrow night... :scared:

Congratulations to everyone who's received good news thus far, and hang in there everyone else! It really is crazy early and it doesn't matter if you get in first or last, just so long as you get in! :luck::luck::luck:

Wednesday..you might be right hahah

Interview invite just now! Very excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email at 5:33 PM. I was complete August 24th, Small Pooled October 6th, and got my interview today.

nice to know about the interview and hope it goes good.. as for the rest of us, hopefully we get interview invites too! :xf:

Interview invite today. Why a big city school is interested in a hick from nowheresville I will never know.

My log cabin sits at 7,000ft... diversity in elevation?

Interview invite today. Why a big city school is interested in a hick from nowheresville I will never know.

lol dude, your MD Apps is really cool. I wish I could've done some of things you have listed. Did you really walk from Mexico to Canada?

nice to know about the interview and hope it goes good.. as for the rest of us, hopefully we get interview invites too! :xf:

I hope they send out more invitations tomorrow..

I hope they send out more invitations tomorrow..

yea it would be really nice to check the email and get an interview invite tomorrow. im hoping that they send out more invites this month.

nice accomplishments and i guess the next one would be adding med school to the list. :)

Oh nice. You wouldn't happen to have interviewed on the 28th then would you? I remember there being a couple other U of I students there.

heh I looked back in my journal and it was the 21st. Seems like the quite the representation from U of I :D

small pooled on 10/6 as well. hoping they send out more invites soon :D

Hi guys! I've been complete since July but I haven't had any communication with RF since. Is anyone in the same boat?

Also, is there a way to check the status online?? Please post a link if you know it!

Hi guys! I've been complete since July but I haven't had any communication with RF since. Is anyone in the same boat?

Also, is there a way to check the status online?? Please post a link if you know it!
There is no link to check your status. Try calling or emailing them and ask to know your status. Hope you hear well! :)

Interview invite! Am very excited!!!

Submitted 7/25, passed primary screening 8/26, II 10/19

I'm interviewing on 11/16....has anyone out there agreed to interview on Halloween??

I was also told in August that I passed primary screening, but I haven't heard anything since. Is being small-pooled different than "passing a primary screening and being in the pool of applicants to be interviewed" or no?

I was also told in August that I passed primary screening, but I haven't heard anything since. Is being small-pooled different than "passing a primary screening and being in the pool of applicants to be interviewed" or no?

Nope. That is the small pool.

Complete 8/30, Primary Screen 9/13 Rejection 10/25

Can't say I'm terribly surprised given my 3.38/32, but would have really liked a chance to interview here.

Can't say I'm terribly surprised given my 3.38/32, but would have really liked a chance to interview here.

I am very sorry to hear that :(. This seems to be a numbers thing, I am sure there are other schools that will find other points of merit in your application. Good luck with other schools!

oh no! i have your EXACT same numbers. i guess i'm waiting for a rejection too then...

I am very sorry to hear that :(. This seems to be a numbers thing, I am sure there are other schools that will find other points of merit in your application. Good luck with other schools!

oh no! i have your EXACT same numbers. i guess i'm waiting for a rejection too then...

I don't understand why it's always a numbers thing...

The rest of my application wasn't exactly stellar, so it could have been a number of things.

Most likely need to start gearing up for reapplication based on the feedback I've been getting from other schools. Lots of options still; masters, SMP, re-take the MCAT, Seppuku...

:( sad to hear that . I hope you get in somewhere else.

The rest of my application wasn't exactly stellar, so it could have been a number of things.

Most likely need to start gearing up for reapplication based on the feedback I've been getting from other schools. Lots of options still; masters, SMP, re-take the MCAT, Seppuku...

It seems your MCAT is pretty good, but a masters or SMP could help out. alot of students who pursued the masters and SMP were eventually able to get in. hopefully you get in somewhere.

It seems your MCAT is pretty good, but a masters or SMP could help out. alot of students who pursued the masters and SMP were eventually able to get in. hopefully you get in somewhere.

True, but retaking the MCAT costs $250 and would let me reapply next cycle with immediate improvement. An SMP would take ~$25,000 and would mean waiting another year before anything in my application has actually changed.

Realistically I should do both.

True, but retaking the MCAT costs $250 and would let me reapply next cycle with immediate improvement. An SMP would take ~$25,000 and would mean waiting another year before anything in my application has actually changed.

Realistically I should do both.

Your MCAT is definitely good enough to get in, and I feel like if you decide to do an SMP you would not have to do the MCAT. Numbers are also dependent on your major, and undergraduate institution. Apparently many med schools will multiply your science GPA by some factor based on the rigor of your program. The screening process is numerically based, but the actual selection process seems to be more personality/ interest based. If you get a few interviews, and your interests fit that school very well, you stand a very solid chance of getting in even if your GPA is not stellar. Do not underestimate the essays.

I still have my fingers crossed for you! The season is not over until next August, so just hold on and prepare yourself to reapply if you think it is necessary. Focus on getting clinical exposure for now. Alternatively, if you decide to reapply, and do not have the money for an SMP. Aim for a 35+ MCAT, and you will stand a much stronger chance of passing the screening.

Good luck and stay positive!

Woa, got an email last night at almost 11pm EST telling me I passed the primary screening LOL. so unexpected to get it so late haha

Woa, got an email last night at almost 11pm EST telling me I passed the primary screening LOL. so unexpected to get it so late haha

When did you enter primary screening? I entered primary screening on 9/13 :( waiting..

is RFU open to status inquiries over the phone? or do we just chillax in the pool and wait?

On their website under the application process and procedures tab, it says not to call with inquiries and to do it via e-mail.

I am still in the screening stage.

Last edited:
It's been super quiet from RF lately! Any recent interview invites? Anyone else been small pooled since July and haven't heard anything??

I was small pooled at the end of September and received an interview invite at the end of October. I am really excited to visit this school!!!

It's been super quiet from RF lately! Any recent interview invites? Anyone else been small pooled since July and haven't heard anything??

I think the quietness is indicative of RF admissions being hard at work making decisions. I have a good feeling about October interviewees receiving some acceptances this week. :thumbup:

Does anyone know approximately many weeks it takes to hear back after the interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.