2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Entered pool. How slow is this..........

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the response! My sister lived in chicago and I loved the city! Do you or anyone else recommend any other schools that I may have a shot at in Chicago or elsewhere? I posted in the "what are my chances" thread but didn't receive a response lol

chicago is a great city. over here, pretty much every school is good to apply. some schools give state residents preference like Loyola, UIC, Rush, but with good stats, it will really help. another school in the chicago area is CCOM (Midwestern) which is pretty good too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aside from the usual crazy IL drivers doing the usual 20+ over on the way home, I had a great day on Wednesday!

Interview was pretty relaxed and the facilities were really nice. I didn't get the impression it was a party school at all, especially when our tour guides took is through the 24-hour library.

I'm heading to Chicago for my interview here on Wednesday. Does anyone have any last minute tips advice? It would be much appreciated.

I am going to take a shot in the dark and say that we will not hear any interview news until October 15th has past. Committees are probably busy figuring out who to admit, then they will get back to the business of interviews, but it may be some time before we here anything else unfortunately. My guess is not the week following this Friday, but the week after that.

I'm heading to Chicago for my interview here on Wednesday. Does anyone have any last minute tips advice? It would be much appreciated.

Don't roll through the stoplight turning rt onto Green Bay road from buckley. There is a camera and you will get a ticket.

I've been small pooled since 8/26 and no word yet. Please please please, I want to hear something soon ! :luck:

Don't roll through the stoplight turning rt onto Green Bay road from buckley. There is a camera and you will get a ticket.

Hah, I'll keep that in mind. Do you know from experience Donnie?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!

I just tried to email RFU at this email address: [email protected] and immediately received a "failed to deliver" email.

Has anyone else emailed RFU? Is this the right email address? Perhaps their inbox is full?

Edit: It worked today. Must have been a full inbox.

Last edited:
Seems like theyre pooling people every few days. Have they sent out interview invites recently?

If not, I have a feeling they'll be coming this thursday because someone said before that they went out on thursday about a month ago.

Last edited:
Hey!

I just tried to email RFU at this email address: [email protected] and immediately received a "failed to deliver" email.

Has anyone else emailed RFU? Is this the right email address? Perhaps their inbox is full?

I much prefer talking to people over the phone. Emails get ignored daily. Calls are tougher to dodge.

I finally got small pooled after 2 months of being complete. woo

I've been small pooled since 8/26 and no word yet. Please please please, I want to hear something soon ! :luck:

I was pooled around 8/22 and haven't heard anything either!

small pooled today, how slow is this process?????? I feel like dying slowly....

small pooled today, how slow is this process?????? I feel like dying slowly....

This is how the small pool really feels like. In the background, you'll see a building with lights, drinks, food etc......That is the place where interviews are held. The rest of us? Well, don't lose your yellow floaty :)

00096bb163c309f550ef5c.jpg

This is how the small pool really feels like. In the background, you'll see a building with lights, drinks, food etc......That is the place where interviews are held. The rest of us? Well, don't lose your yellow floaty :)

:laugh: I prefer arm floaties...

It's been almost three months since I've been complete...I guess all hope for a pool is lost :(

question about the 1st essay question. when it asks what a life in discovery means to you, does it mean to describe/explain why the school celebrate "life in discovery"? I wrote it is celebrated because to ultimate path toward saving lives lies in constantly discovering new ways to to treat medical diseases. hence life "in" discovery and why the school celebrates it. but my essay proofreaders say it means how you feel about life in discovery and how it applies to your life... it seems like people are getting confused by the question and now i am getting confused too lol

First interview attendees should hear about acceptances/waitlisting next week! WOOHOO!

First interview attendees should hear about acceptances/waitlisting next week! WOOHOO!

Just interviewed at the school and they said that the adcom meets confidentially once a month. Everyone who has been previously interviewed is reviewed and will be notified with a decision (accept, reject, continue to review) after the meeting.

This means that if you continue to be on hold at least you are updated of the fact once a month.

I am also assuming that they meet "confidentially" to mitigate the number of "so what's up with my file?" calls.

BTW. The facilities were amazing and everyone truly seemed chill.

Just got accepted. Don't know how but i just got the e-mail!!!!!!!!!!1111

OMG, congrats sooooo much Peter!!! So jealous yet happy for you :cool:
Is this your first choice? If so, then congratssssss again!

OMG, congrats sooooo much Peter!!! So jealous yet happy for you :cool:
Is this your first choice? If so, then congratssssss again!

Thanks buddy!! I'm drinking a beer right now in my office :D.

Can't say it's my first choice, but I'd love to go to this school regardless. Had a good time at my interview day and I can see myself going here!

By the way, I'm sure you acceptance is right along the corner. Hopefully we'll both be celebrating once we here back from Tulane!

Cheers buddy! :luck:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh acccepteddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!

so jealous!!!!! CMS, send me an invite please!

Just got accepted. Don't know how but i just got the e-mail!!!!!!!!!!1111

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh acccepteddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!

+3.........ACCEPTED BABY, ACCEPTED! I have to admit I screamed and then started tearing up. Not exactly professional, but whatever....

Congrats guys!

+3.........ACCEPTED BABY, ACCEPTED! I have to admit I screamed and then started tearing up. Not exactly professional, but whatever....

Congrats guys!

AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! Congrats!

Congrats to those who got accepted today!!!! I got put on post interview hold....i guess that means my file will come up again next month...too early in the game to make a wait list i guess

nice to hear all the acceptances here! i think they will probably give out interview invites next week! :)

+1!!!!!!!!!!! Super excited!!! Congrats to everyone accepted, and good luck to those waiting!!

Congrats! That is so awesome. When did you all interview?

Same day as pesto I think :) 9/21?

Congrats. They're rule breaking!!! But Im so happy for you.

Still on cloud 9/in disbelief. I just double checked the email to make sure. Think it's interesting the letter of acceptance is dated 10/13. Wahoo so happy to be officially a member of the class of 2016!

Anyone accepted with an interview later than 9/21?

I know I am being neurotic but I would love to be able to deduce the date of the meeting in order to better predict the next batch of decisions.

I think I'll just log off SDN for a while. Congrats again to everyone.

Anyone accepted with an interview later than 9/21?

I know I am being neurotic but I would love to be able to deduce the date of the meeting in order to better predict the next batch of decisions.

I think I'll just log off SDN for a while. Congrats again to everyone.

ahhhhhh accepted as well!! I was definitely a little confused when I saw the date...but can't believe it :D :D :D

I interviewed after 9/21 (but still in september) best of luck everyone, and congrats to all those accepted!!!!!

does anybody know if they reject people post-inteview or if they are just put on hold?

congrats to everyone accepted (esp Peter since I know him now :) )! You deserve it :) Have a GREAT weekend. I hope I get an interview soon...

CONGRATULATIONS everybody who got accepted!!

And conveniently on a Friday night too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.