2012-2013 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just withdrew my application from WSU...good luck to everyone else applying!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really hopin for this school. The lack of secondary essays was nice but bothered me.. OOS with ties instate >_<

Just got the letter of acceptance to Wright State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well my parents did at my permanent address, but nontheless, so excited!!!! I hope you all get your letters soon!! :)

II OOS applicant

Stats available on my mdapps link

Just got the letter of acceptance to Wright State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well my parents did at my permanent address, but nontheless, so excited!!!! I hope you all get your letters soon!! :)

Congratttss!! When did you interview? Thanks!

Congrats! My parents also got the thick envelope today.

in state, 3.85, 29Q. interviewed 9/12

Good luck, guys

Accepted!! Does anyone know if the letter means we have to make a definite yep-I'm-going-here-for-sure decision in two weeks??? Eeek!

I got accepted in late Sept through EDP. Wanted to wait until others bc my status was slight different! Good to know others are starting to find out.

I got wait listed here, just notified by mail today. Anybody know WSU's tendencies towards taking students from the wait list? I know they don't rank until mid-April or so when all the interviews are over.

Has anybody OOS heard anything yet? I figured the letter would take an extra day to get here but I still haven't heard anything. Does anybody know if they are receptive to a follow-up phone call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody OOS heard anything yet? I figured the letter would take an extra day to get here but I still haven't heard anything. Does anybody know if they are receptive to a follow-up phone call?

I am OOS (Northeast IN) and I received my letter yesterday!! No idea how they'd feel about a folow up call.

I got wait listed here, just notified by mail today. Anybody know WSU's tendencies towards taking students from the wait list? I know they don't rank until mid-April or so when all the interviews are over.

When my parents entered in 1980, they had a classmate get in from waitlist the day before orientation in August. I knew a student from my undergraduate intstitution, a year older than I, who got in from list a week before orientation. So they use waitlist uo until the very end. What I do not know is where those two individuals were ranked on waitlist. But they really want a full class because it is already smaller than other schools in-state.

I think typically they get through at least the top 1/3rd of the wait list (at least for the past two years), and then I dunno how far through the middle third. It changes every year. It's true though that people have been accepted up until the day or two before class starts.

Was the letter sent to the permanent address or current address on your application?! Thanks :)

For those who have interviewed and been accepted, how long did it take to hear back?

interview invite today:)

Scheduled for this upcoming Wednesday, Oct. 31st!

interview invite today:)

Scheduled for this upcoming Wednesday, Oct. 31st!

Wow, congrats! Scheduled in less than a week. Are you in state? When were you complete?

For those who have interviewed and been accepted, how long did it take to hear back?

That all depends on where you fall in the time-line. They have to meet as an admission committee to fully review and discuss applicants. I believe they only meet once a month at very most. If I recall right, they may have said once every 6-8wks. My time-line was about 20 days, yet as early decision it may be different than others.

Yeah im IS, and was complete around mid-july.

Is anyone else interviewing here on this Wed. -oct 31st?

Can someone who has interviewed verify that this info is still accurate?

http://www.med.wright.edu/admiss/interview

Trying to book my flights.

Yes, it was correct when I interviewed on Oct. 2nd. There was an optional research survery afterward that I did, so if you choose to do that you'll be done at like 4:30. Otherwise, should be pretty accurate. GOOD LUCK!!!

Yes, it was correct when I interviewed on Oct. 2nd. There was an optional research survery afterward that I did, so if you choose to do that you'll be done at like 4:30. Otherwise, should be pretty accurate. GOOD LUCK!!!

About how long does it take to get to the airport around that time? The latest flight I can find is at 6:50.

I was finished with my day around 4:30 and had a 6pm flight out and it only took me about 30 minutes to get to the airport. There was no traffic for me though. It's a small airport too so it won't be hard to get to your gate when you get there.

About how long does it take to get to the airport around that time? The latest flight I can find is at 6:50.

I see that this was answered, which is good because I have no idea (I drove in).
I've seen you around the threads MedPR (especially Loyola)! I tend to be more of a lurker unless there are direct questions I can help with, but if you want any more details about Wright, I was accepted last week so I'm guessing my interview went pretty well :D I'd be happy to help if you want, just PM me, and again good luck!

I was finished with my day around 4:30 and had a 6pm flight out and it only took me about 30 minutes to get to the airport. There was no traffic for me though. It's a small airport too so it won't be hard to get to your gate when you get there.

Wonderful, thanks for the info. Did you take a cab to the airport?

I see that this was answered, which is good because I have no idea (I drove in).
I've seen you around the threads MedPR (especially Loyola)! I tend to be more of a lurker unless there are direct questions I can help with, but if you want any more details about Wright, I was accepted last week so I'm guessing my interview went pretty well :D I'd be happy to help if you want, just PM me, and again good luck!

Congrats and thank you! :) Sadly I was waitlisted at Loyola :(. Looking forward to seeing Wright though.

For those who were accepted do you know how long it took between your interview and your acceptance? I interviewed on Oct. 8th.

Thanks!

For those who were accepted do you know how long it took between your interview and your acceptance? I interviewed on Oct. 8th.

Thanks!

Interviewed October 2nd, got a letter in the mail October 22 (dated October 19). Good luck!

Interviewed this week at WSU and I absolutely LOVED it. I grew up in the area and thought I was going to hate it, but I realllly liked it, extremely laid back. After going to school on the east coast I forgot how friendly everybody is in the midwest. :xf: for an acceptance!

As far as the airport, you could get there 30-40 min before your flight and be fine (if you're not checking anything), it's a tiny airport. Traffic doesn't exist in Dayton...so you'll be fine in that regard.

Wonderful, thanks for the info. Did you take a cab to the airport?

Congrats and thank you! :) Sadly I was waitlisted at Loyola :(. Looking forward to seeing Wright though.
I did not take a cab I actually drove to the airport and then traded off my car with the family member I met there (my family is in Cincinnati)

Where did you guys stay? Is there a hotel within walking distance?

Where did you guys stay? Is there a hotel within walking distance?

I don't know about hotels, but there IS a student host program. Info should be online

Has anyone OOS gotten an interview yet?

I'm OOS. I got invited back in September, but I had to reschedule my interview. Was supposed to be there first week of October.

ACCEPTED

Secondary "Complete" 9/23

Interview 10/9

Accepted 11/6

IS

Nope, next week. Still need to book my hotel. The student I emailed never wrote me back.

Congrats!

Try another one. I know there are a lot of students in our class that are pretty enthusiastic about hosting interviewees.

I was complete 9/12. how much longer do you think i'll have to wait?

Try another one. I know there are a lot of students in our class that are pretty enthusiastic about hosting interviewees.

I emailed 4-5 people and only 1 of them replied. I gave up and booked a hotel today. I'm interviewing on Tuesday so I can't keep putting it off. If you know someone who wants to host, let me know :)

Hoping it isn't too late to interview:xf:
MCAT score (2nd take) was released 10/2.

Last edited:
Oh blessed day!!
Just got my magical envelope inviting me to a January interview.
The letter was dated 11/1, but it wasn't postmarked until 11/7.
Complete 10/16/12
OOS; sGPA 3.9; cGPA3.8; second MCAT 30

Congrats!

Is it a two-on-one interview? Are there multiple interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.