2013-2014 Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted to the MSTP program at MUSC! Interviewed on Dec 6th, accepted on Dec 19th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If any of you have any questions regarding MUSC, feel free to send me a message on here. I don't often check these forums, but I will do my best to reply to any PMs. I am a current M1 at MUSC. Congratulations to all those who have been accepted already, and to those yet to interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone. After nervously spectating, this is my first post ever. :happy:

I interviewed in October (jeez!), and am on hold as an IS applicant. Anyone know when we on-holders I might expect further (or definite) news? Or what hard chances are for acceptance after being on hold?

Deep breaths!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone. After nervously spectating, this is my first post ever. :happy:

I interviewed in October (jeez!), and am on hold as an IS applicant. Anyone know when we on-holders I might expect further (or definite) news? Or what hard chances are for acceptance after being on hold?

Deep breaths!

As far as I know they send out acceptances on the last Wednesday of every month until March when they create the wait list.

So maybe next Wednesday? *fingers crossed*

Medical University of South Carolina will close for all academic activities on Tuesday. All patient-related activities at the Medical University Hospital and MUSC clinics will continue as scheduled.

OOS student (with ties to SC) but no news on II yet.... Expected but still wish they would throw an interview my way.

Does anyone know when the admissions committee has rescheduled to meet since the snow days?

Does anyone know when the admissions committee has rescheduled to meet since the snow days?
I wanna know too. B/c we were supposed to find out Tuesday/Wednesday.

Check your spam folder or something b/c they def sent out email yesterday.

Accepted :)

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview and what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, what's up with the post-interview holds? A couple of my friends are on hold, and it seriously tears me up to see what its doing to their confidence. This whole process is so brutal :( I feel like they would make such amazing physicians, so it just kills me to see that they didn't get in yesterday.

So, what's up with the post-interview holds?

Unfortunately not everyone has your stats :/ I had an interview in October and the first meeting of the adcoms I received a hold letter. I'm not getting my hopes up about hearing anything before they are finished with the interviews.

Unfortunately not everyone has your stats :/ I had an interview in October and the first meeting of the adcoms I received a hold letter. I'm not getting my hopes up about hearing anything before they are finished with the interviews.
Someone told me that they were on hold for a month but received their acceptance the next time the adcom met! Don't lose hope!

I'm guessing soon! Probably early March?
If I remember correctly, the adcom meets the last Tuesday of every month. So we may hear something tomorrow. I'm currently on hold...has anyone else on hold received monthly updates after the adcom meets?

If I remember correctly, the adcom meets the last Tuesday of every month. So we may hear something tomorrow. I'm currently on hold...has anyone else on hold received monthly updates after the adcom meets?
I was wondering the same thing...is it possible to hear back before mid-March if we were previously put on hold?

Just checking to see if anyone has received a notice today...

I heard from admissions today that the next and last meeting of the adcom will be 3/18. I was told at my interview on 2/7 that we'd hear back today, so either they're behind schedule, or my app is just still under review.

I heard from admissions today that the next and last meeting of the adcom will be 3/18. I was told at my interview on 2/7 that we'd hear back today, so either they're behind schedule, or my app is just still under review.
Thanks for the update...waiting game continues

so admissions contacted you about the next adcom meeting, but never told you what was going on with your app? that sounds strange. let us know if you end up hearing anything. good luck!

No, I contacted them. When I interviewed, I was told we would hear something early in the day on 2/25. When it got to be late afternoon I got in touch to see if their schedule had changed due to the weather-related closings. What I posted above was their response. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

3/7 interview coming up, hoping for some last minute Love! Based on the above it looks like the last Adcom meeting is 3/18. How do decisions typically go out, mail/email/phonecall ? Any word on decision communications and/or last minute advice is greatly appreciated. I Love Charleston & MUSC, thanks!!!

3/7 interview coming up, hoping for some last minute Love! Based on the above it looks like the last Adcom meeting is 3/18. How do decisions typically go out, mail/email/phonecall ? Any word on decision communications and/or last minute advice is greatly appreciated. I Love Charleston & MUSC, thanks!!!
Typically they send out emails the day after the adcom meets. Since the 18th is the last meeting, I would expect to hear on the 19th accepted/rejected/waitlist...good luck...my interviews were very laid back

Typically they send out emails the day after the adcom meets. Since the 18th is the last meeting, I would expect to hear on the 19th accepted/rejected/waitlist...good luck...my interviews were very laid back
Via email

Any updates about the process from your recent interview? Hope it went well!

Hey, all! Has anybody heard anything about whether the "recruitment scholarships" have been given out yet? I know they were supposed to be given out mid-February, but it sounds like they may be a bit behind schedule for various reasons.

Any updates about the process from your recent interview? Hope it went well!
Thanks so much! I feel like I was on top of my game for my interviews. Not getting too excited becuase even with stellar interviews, I know a hold/rejection is still very possible. Hoping for some good news on Wednesday :)

I'm hoping for good news via email tomorrow afternoon. It's my understanding that that is the last admissions committee meeting of the season. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone else on hold/ interviewed!

Reactions: 3 users
Today is the day! Hoping for some good news! :xf:
Good luck everyone!! :luck:

email arrived in my spam box 10 minutes ago, pretty bummed about this one: "Dear Applicant to MUSC COM,

The MUSC College of Medicine Admissions Committee met yesterday and selected the final students for the class entering in August 2014. I regret to inform you that you were not in this group of accepted students.
Over the next couple of days, the Committee will be working on final rankings to determine the alternate list.

You should expect an email early next week informing you of your final status at MUSC.
If you are one of the students who ranks high enough to be placed on the alternate list, this next communication will inform you of this.
If not, the email will let you know that your application is no longer being considered for this year’s entering class."

I'm sorry to hear that, AlwaysBStudying. Welcome to the club. I'm wondering if the rest of us (those on hold receiving no email today) will now only be considered for the wait list? Seems like if any of us were going to get outright accepted, it would have happened by today.

Anyway, there are worse things than to be considered for the waitlist at MUSC! Stay positive.

I'm sorry to hear that, AlwaysBStudying. Welcome to the club. I'm wondering if the rest of us (those on hold receiving no email today) will now only be considered for the wait list? Seems like if any of us were going to get outright accepted, it would have happened by today.

Anyway, there are worse things than to be considered for the waitlist at MUSC! Stay positive.
Agree...I'm thinking if I don't hear today, then I'm probably only looking at a waitlist opportunity

Add me to the list of people on hold who didn't get an email today.

I also didn't get an email. So did no one get an acceptance email? Has anyone tried to call or email them?

Hey, has anyone heard anything about scholarships/financial aid packets yet?

Why doesn't MUSC have a second look? -______-

Yeah I wish it did. Seems like it would be not too difficult for MUSC to convince someone who is on the fence with a day or two in Charleston.
Exactly! I'm on the fence... -_____- and I would really like to get a better feel for the school. It's so hard to do that on your own just randomly. I want to see if I'll mesh with my future classmates, talk to some M4's and ask about matches, etc.