2013-2014 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! That's what I needed.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if all the acceptances today are external applicants, BMS students or both?

I was accepted yesterday, and I am not at BMS student. I assume that means both groups received acceptances yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everybody!

I'm a long time lurker, but a first time poster...

I got accepted here yesterday afternoon!!!!

I interviewed mid december, had silence for 20+ weeks and then was wait-listed. I will be attending here and am very excited! Best of luck to all of you, and I look forward to meeting my future classmates :)

Has anyone received information on where to send transcripts/health records yet?

Accepted today! I am a Canadian and non-traditional applicant. I received the hold/wait list email on May 9th and I got the acceptance email at 5:25 pm. I am hoping others on the wait list hear back soon.
Congrats dear. Do you mind sharing your stats? and did you send in any updates after your interview or/and after wait-list...?

I just finished BMS year. I dont know how external applicants are notified, but I was notified by Email today.
Please don't feed this troll. There was no acceptance on Monday. This was confirmed by many reliable resources including the BMS program director and the vice president of admission committee. There was a third round of acceptance this thursday for BMS students.

Please don't feed this troll. There was no acceptance on Monday. This was confirmed by many reliable resources including the BMS program director and the vice president of admission committee. There was a third round of acceptance this thursday for BMS students.

Thank you! If possible, please keep us updated on when BMS are accepted in the future. This may give those of us (external applicants) a heads up on when we can hear something from the CMS admissions office.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats dear. Do you mind sharing your stats? and did you send in any updates after your interview or/and after wait-list...?
Thank you! PS: 10, VR: 10, BS: 12. Undergrad cGPA: 3.78 and Masters cGPA: 4.0. I sent one update after my interview in February, and then one update after being wait listed. I also sent in two additional recommendation letters. I hope you hear some good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students know if there's any movement for the on-campus housing waiting list? I submitted my housing application just last week since I was recently admitted (awhile after the lottery happened) and wondering if there's a significant chance I'll hear back soon. I'm looking at off-campus housing in the mean time just in case..

Any current students know if there's any movement for the on-campus housing waiting list? I submitted my housing application just last week since I was recently admitted (awhile after the lottery happened) and wondering if there's a significant chance I'll hear back soon. I'm looking at off-campus housing in the mean time just in case..

There is no way to know. Any movement will likely be as a result of incoming students changing their minds about housing options as opposed to current students. It depends on what you selected as well. I believe there are more single bedroom apartments than doubles so if you selected single then your chances might be a bit better but that's really all the info there is.

withdrawing my acceptance here. fingers crossed for those still waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Would any M1 mind sending me the first couple lectures of Biochem, I'll most likely be attending the ros frank SMP and we take the same biochem course. I heard medical school biochem is much different than undergrad biochem, but Ros Franklin uses the same textbook as my undergrad so I'm just curious to see how much I already knw

Would any M1 mind sending me the first couple lectures of Biochem, I'll most likely be attending the ros frank SMP and we take the same biochem course. I heard medical school biochem is much different than undergrad biochem, but Ros Franklin uses the same textbook as my undergrad so I'm just curious to see how much I already knw

We don't really use the textbooks. They just list them so they can use figures and pictures and stuff in their lectures. Medical Biochemistry here isn't much different from undergrad content wise. However, they essentially take a semester and a half worth of undergrad Biochem and jam it into 12 weeks. I remember we got through everything I remember getting through in my undergrad course (400 level) around the 8 week mark here, and then we covered more medically related content after that.

Ahh I see, so the first 8 weeks is essentially undergrad biochem, with another 4 weeks of medical aspects of it , cool, that means it'll be a review in a way :)

We don't really use the textbooks. They just list them so they can use figures and pictures and stuff in their lectures. Medical Biochemistry here isn't much different from undergrad content wise. However, they essentially take a semester and a half worth of undergrad Biochem and jam it into 12 weeks. I remember we got through everything I remember getting through in my undergrad course (400 level) around the 8 week mark here, and then we covered more medically related content after that.

Btw, any chance you have the m1 notes ?

Hi everyone!

Accepted last Thursday, non-BMS student. Does anyone have a direct link to the Facebook page?

Btw, any chance you have the m1 notes ?

I do but they're all on my iPad. But this is a good opportunity for me to tell all those attending next year what to do this summer before you start. DON'T YOU EVEN DARE STUDY!! Seriously, don't. Enjoy every last drop of freedom while you still have it, and remember, DON'T STUDY DON'T STUDY DON'T STUDY.

You'll get the notes next year via the student site. They're always uploaded well before class.

I do but they're all on my iPad. But this is a good opportunity for me to tell all those attending next year what to do this summer before you start. DON'T YOU EVEN DARE STUDY!! Seriously, don't. Enjoy every last drop of freedom while you still have it, and remember, DON'T STUDY DON'T STUDY DON'T STUDY.

You'll get the notes next year via the student site. They're always uploaded well before class.

Yeah wasnt planning on studying, was just curious to see the material haha.

Also, how do the medical students interact with the BMS students? Is it at all integrated or nah? Thanks!

Withdrew my acceptance today.

It was a difficult decision since I already contacted and discussed with several research mentors at CMS and got to know several incoming MS1 through Facebook.

Withdrew my acceptance today.

It was a difficult decision since I already contacted and discussed with several research mentors at CMS and got to know several incoming MS1 through Facebook.
Thanks for the update....

Yeah wasnt planning on studying, was just curious to see the material haha.

Also, how do the medical students interact with the BMS students? Is it at all integrated or nah? Thanks!

You'll interact with them on a daily basis pretty much. The 4 most difficult courses are taken along with BMS students. Some of my best friends here are BMS students.

any current medical students...does CMS offer The Healer's Art as a course?

Can someone tell how the drinking water is there?

ahutni3? Can we drink water from the pipes? How about from the dormitory faucets? Will a brita (or similar) water filter do the trick?

ahutni3? Can we drink water from the pipes? How about from the dormitory faucets? Will a brita (or similar) water filter do the trick?
The drinking water is perfectly fine from the pipes. Also, the school has the new drinking fountains that have spouts to fill water bottles

It's Lake Michigan water. No filter necessary in my opinion.

What was the question on your interview?

Cicero IL Locksmith

Are you messing with me Ari05Key? Your profile indicated you are pre-pharmacy and have only one post on the SDN forum........

If you are spamming, take it elsewhere where it actually matters.

If unsolicited spamming is not within your vocabulary of understanding, I have a few legal proceedings that I can get you intimately familiar with from my former profession. By the way, IP addresses can be subpoena with probable cause easily. Your call now.

Last edited:
I am interested in applying here, I heard this was one of the easier schools to get into. I got a 31MCAT, so I'm banking on getting in this year. Hopefully their admission standards have not increased. Btw, is North Chicago the same as where Wrigleyville is?

Oh lord no!!! Wrigleyville is in Chicago on the north side. North Chicago is a suburb about an hour(at least) north of Chicago.

I am interested in applying here, I heard this was one of the easier schools to get into. I got a 31MCAT, so I'm banking on getting in this year. Hopefully their admission standards have not increased. Btw, is North Chicago the same as where Wrigleyville is?
1) I wouldn't say any med school is "easy" to get into. RFU got the 3rd highest number of applications this past cycle. And it seems like stats are increasing every year. I would think with a 31 the "easiest" school to get into for you would be your state school (unless you're from california).
2) North chicago near wrigleyville? I wish.

Has anyone on the wait list heard anything since May 23rd? I was hoping for a lot more wait list movement after the May 15th date. :/

Has anyone on the wait list heard anything since May 23rd? I was hoping for a lot more wait list movement after the May 15th date. :/

There were a few that denied their acceptances...but doesn't look like any new movement since the 23rd...but who knows, those spots might have been given to people that are not on the forum. Still waiting here too...curious how many seats are left for acceptance.

You should never really "bank" on anything when it comes to medical school admission. Especially here, as this isn't really a cut and dry numbers school. They consider a LOT more than MCAT and GPA in admissions decisions.

Can anyone give me some advice when to contact the student housing directly? I submitted my application pretty late in the game, since I was accepted on the 19th. I have not heard anything from them yet, though. I am still waiting for one last school that ranks higher than RFUMS on my list, but I'm 90% certain I'll be attending RFUMS. I'm really interested in a one bedroom, but I wouldn't mind living with roommates if there are no longer one bedrooms available.
If student housing is totally out, what are your next recommendations? I have been on the school's housing site and reviewed their suggestions, but it would be great to get some deeper/honest feedback.

Can anyone give me some advice when to contact the student housing directly? I submitted my application pretty late in the game, since I was accepted on the 19th. I have not heard anything from them yet, though. I am still waiting for one last school that ranks higher than RFUMS on my list, but I'm 90% certain I'll be attending RFUMS. I'm really interested in a one bedroom, but I wouldn't mind living with roommates if there are no longer one bedrooms available.
If student housing is totally out, what are your next recommendations? I have been on the school's housing site and reviewed their suggestions, but it would be great to get some deeper/honest feedback.

Several people have plugged Navy housing and the Woodlands based on location, convenience and cost. There's some pretty good information in the Facebook group re: housing too if you haven't checked that out yet.

Also got accepted today! Interviewed 1/8. MCAT 29 (9/10/10) 3.52 science, 3.6 total. Only acceptance. Good luck everyone. There's still a chance!

I just got in, 2:30 EST on 6/6. 30 (9/10/11), 3.40 sGPA, 3.47 overall, non-trad w/PhD.

Can someone tell me all about when we're going there and forms and OMG.

Congratz!! My hope is dwindling down as more ppl post their acceptances on here..hope more ppl get accepted to their top choices so there will be room for ppl waiting :D

Congratulations to everyone!!!! I am on the same boat as you DHO209, let's hope there is more room. :)

Can anyone direct me to the 2014 Match List? I cannot seem to find it on the website. Also, does anyone know any information on the USMLE pass rates/scores for this past year?

Several people have plugged Navy housing and the Woodlands based on location, convenience and cost. There's some pretty good information in the Facebook group re: housing too if you haven't checked that out yet.
Does anyone have a direct link to the Facebook group? I cannot find it.