2013-2014 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any reapps been accepted? I know my place on the WL is the same as last year... what about everyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I moved up from bottom to middle tier. What did you all do to improve your resume?

Members don't see this ad :)
I moved up from bottom to middle tier. What did you all do to improve your resume?
Medical volunteering and more shadowing. Took more classes and kept doing more research, leading to publications in the near future.

For people who are accepted, make sure you check your @uab.edu email. Financial aid has been sending me an email every week for the past 5 weeks to that address instead of my normal email address. So freaking ridiculous.

How did you setup your UAB email? I've received my banner ID, but nothing yet regarding an email account yet.

Upper Third
UA2013
Vonnegut's friend
Lionking2014's friend
randomperson12
HeyNapkin

Middle Third
Doctorstudent13
thatonekid
Lionking2014
DRgervais
DRgervais' friend1
Vonnegut
medp63
letmeinanywhere
medp63
Bamart
BamaMD90
cjparker
auburntigers
Lower Third
Schrodingers512
Exonomaly
J8620
DRgervais' friend2
WildernessEMT

Hope no one had too much damage from last night. Everyone stay safe tonight too!

Reactions: 1 user
HeyNapkin- I thought you were already accepted. It looks like a large middle tier!

oh oops, when I copy/pasted, I thought I posted my name in the accepted column. I didn't realize it was changed to only have the alternate list. Feel free to remove my name then.

I am middle tier, already on list, and so bummed out. How many on middle tier got in last year, or the year before?

I am middle tier, already on list, and so bummed out. How many on middle tier got in last year, or the year before?
I think they are saying about half or a little less. It can vary from year to year with each being unique.

I was sure hoping for better. I sure wich they would let us know where in the tier we stood. I don't think I can take another whole year of this.

I was sure hoping for better. I sure wich they would let us know where in the tier we stood. I don't think I can take another whole year of this.
I'm with you 1000000%. Second tier sucks in its uncertainty.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard of anyone getting rejected? Does anyone else think it's strange that none of us or anyone we know has been rejected thus far this year?

Last edited:
I'm upper third but I'm pretty ignorant of the wait-list stats, anybody know about what percent is accepted from the wait list in each tier? Good luck to everybody!

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Has anyone that is accepted heard anything about financial aid or when we may receive it? I am wondering because I am OOS and I am just as anxious to hear from them and finally make a decision after all these months

I'm upper third but I'm pretty ignorant of the wait-list stats, anybody know about what percent is accepted from the wait list in each tier? Good luck to everybody!
Upper third almost always get accepted middle is 50/50 and lower is almost never

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Accepted
randomperson12 (5-1-14)

Upper Third
UA2013
Vonnegut's friend
Lionking2014's friend
Helpaderpout

Middle Third
Doctorstudent13
thatonekid
Lionking2014
DRgervais
DRgervais' friend1
Vonnegut
medp63
letmeinanywhere
medp63
Bamart
BamaMD90
cjparker
auburntigers

Lower Third
Schrodingers512
Exonomaly
J8620
DRgervais' friend2
WildernessEMT

Fantastic! I hope they keep the list moving

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Has anyone that is accepted heard anything about financial aid or when we may receive it? I am wondering because I am OOS and I am just as anxious to hear from them and finally make a decision after all these months

I haven't even gotten my acceptance letter in the mail. (I am assuming financial aid awards come with the acceptance letter.) I was accepted on April 10, and campus was assigned on April 22. I was thinking that I would call tomorrow if it didn't come today. I have this irrational fear that they will take my acceptance away on account of me being too poor.

Congrats to everyone! And best of luck to those of you on the waitlist - I'm sending all the good wishes!

If you have never been notified of wait list, accepted or rejected since your interview, how does one go about finding out their wait list tier?

Ditto! Hopefully it'll go fast too! The more it moves before the 15th, the better chance we will have I think. Fingers crossed for all of us!

I haven't even gotten my acceptance letter in the mail. (I am assuming financial aid awards come with the acceptance letter.) I was accepted on April 10, and campus was assigned on April 22. I was thinking that I would call tomorrow if it didn't come today. I have this irrational fear that they will take my acceptance away on account of me being too poor.

Congrats to everyone! And best of luck to those of you on the waitlist - I'm sending all the good wishes!

Please post what you find out! But I was accepted in November and sent my acceptance letter back with a check to hold my spot in the class, and I have not heard anything about financial aid since.

SO happy the WL is already moving. Better chance for us in the middle tier if they accept the majority of first tier-ers prior to May 15!

Anybody else still haven't received an email or status change yet?

Fin aid awards don't come with acceptance letter. They said awards will not be available until later but the do provide an estimate of loan amounts and a sample budget.

I just messaged a few of my friends holding acceptances to UAB who will definitely not be enrolling to go ahead and withdraw. If you're on the waitlist, I encourage you to contact your friends and tell them to hurry their decisions! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody else still haven't received an email or status change yet?
In same boat. Unfortunately, i was told that the class is full and if i was not on waitlist then status would eventually change to no longer under consideration.

In same boat. Unfortunately, i was told that the class is full and if i was not on waitlist then status would eventually change to no longer under consideration.

Did you hear this from the admissions office?

Did you hear this from the admissions office?
Sort of. I called the day after waitlist was released. My status still hasn't changed. Spoke with Ms. O'Malley. She told me that she is not in charge of making waitlist, but did mention that class was full and that status should change to no longer under consideration sometime in the future if i had not been accepted or placed on waitlist.

Since people are already being accepted off the waitlist, i feel it is pretty safe to assume that i will not be added to waitlist or accepted at this point.

Anyone know when financial aid packages will be sent out?

Accepted
randomperson12 (5-1-14)

Upper Third
UA2013
Vonnegut's friend
Lionking2014's friend
Helpaderpout
BamaXC

Middle Third
Doctorstudent13
thatonekid
Lionking2014
DRgervais
DRgervais' friend1
Vonnegut
medp63
letmeinanywhere
medp63
Bamart
BamaMD90
cjparker
auburntigers

Lower Third
Schrodingers512
Exonomaly
J8620
DRgervais' friend2
WildernessEMT

For anyone else waiting on the mailed acceptance letter, I just called and was told that there was a delay (imagine that) in the April acceptance letters. She said they just went out, but to call back if I don't get it next week. I forgot to ask about financial aid. But it's safe to assume that there has been some sort of delay.

A friend I know just got congratulated via FB on being accepted so it moved again today

I have another friend who was just accepted today from the upper third.

i've talked to five people who have gotten in in the past two days. Does it say on their website when they start accepting from middle?

i've talked to five people who have gotten in in the past two days. Does it say on their website when they start accepting from middle?
They'll only go to middle after they've accepted all of first. Last year that was mid-May.

Great that it's moving! The earlier it moves the better.

In years past they've updated their website. It will probably be under the current applicant tab. However, with the amount of people on here that are reporting second tier we'll still find out pretty quickly.

Do y'all think that they'll get to the second tier this year?

Yeah you never know. I'm just afraid ,since the wait list came out so late this year, a good many people have already turned down their acceptances, Leading to less movement on the wait list. I hope not though