2013-2014 University of New Mexico Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You have to do the large workshop to qualify for individual feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Getting closer guys!! Best of luck!! Hopefully we will all be classmates soon :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine who is retired from admissions work back east always says "There are always more qualified people than there are seats." I hope that helps.

I'm guessing we hear by Wednesday... Years past it looks like the last admin meeting is Monday then things start rolling out as early as Tuesday! I hope I don't have a heart attack. There is something extraordinary about the physiological effects of the application process lol

Hopefully you guys aren't on spring break and you have something to keep you busy. I'd go nuts!

The long weekend is over, best of luck to everyone this week! Hopefully we hear by Tuesday/Wednesday like last year!

Positive energy and prayers for everyone! :banana:

Yup prayers for everyone! I hope we all either are accepted right off the bat or 1-10 on the wait list. Good luck everyone! We made it this far... We should all be proud

Couldn't agree more guys! Btw it seems like they send out an email before THE email. So, don't freak out too much at the first one! Lol

Wait, what? What's this pre-email?
You have nothing to worry about since you have already been accepted lol. I guess they send something out saying that the committee has made their final decision on acceptances and wait list and offical emails are to follow.

You have nothing to worry about since you have already been accepted lol. I guess they send something out saying that the committee has made their final decision on acceptances and wait list and offical emails are to follow.
Oh I was just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!.... just got the email..... now we just wait for our final notices. AH!!!

Gosh I could throw up! I know there is nothing at all any of us can do about it at this time. It is just sooo nerve wracking

Anyone know what the time between this notification and the actual status email was last year??

I checked my unm page like what other ppl said but I don't see a deposit slot. Do any of you guys see one on yours?

Haha I remember this day last year. The stress was palpable. Good luck guys I hope it works out well.

I can't remember whether we decided this meant anything or not? Might have just been stress/anxiety
Okay thank you! I was just wondering...We received the email about an hour ago! Hopefully things start rolling today

I checked my unm page like what other ppl said but I don't see a deposit slot. Do any of you guys see one on yours?
They changed websites from last year, so I am going to assume that there is no pay deposit here button on this one, either that or they learned from last year lol. Regardless I do not have one either.

They changed websites from last year, so I am going to assume that there is no pay deposit here button on this one, either that or they learned from last year lol. Regardless I do not have one either.
Me neither. We're like detectives lol. They probably have to change things every year cause we catch on. Who says we can't control the uncontrollable ;)

Yeah... at least I can stop incessantly checking my email for the night lol

Actually if you guys check your pages there's a spot where it will show all contact that UNM has had with you.

Side note: I want to say I don't have a deposit tab on my webpage… I know I sent in a check.

Th
Actually if you guys check your pages there's a spot where it will show all contact that UNM has had with you.

Side note: I want to say I don't have a deposit tab on my webpage… I know I sent in a check.
Thanks ChemNerd! I always check the communication tab to make sure I have received stuff from them :). Oh great to know there wasn't a deposit tab

Th

Thanks ChemNerd! I always check the communication tab to make sure I have received stuff from them :). Oh great to know there wasn't a deposit tab
I JUST noticed that there is an acceptance tab. Apparently all the signed forms that I send in via snail mail are now online… Oh well. It took like 2 seconds to redo.

Another day... another anxiety attack! lol. Maybe we will be luck and find out today guys!

Check your unm som login, I have an admissions offer tab that was not there earlier today. Trying not to get too excited until I get an email from UNM

Check your unm som login, I have an admissions offer tab that was not there earlier today. Trying not to get too excited until I get an email from UNM

Indeed. Others who have called UNM Admissions have been told there's a "technical issue" and that the email is the official notification.

I do not have the tab. Same as last year? Ahh the wait is killer.

the acceptance tab is gone now, this is torture!

Burrito, I hope you take this the best way possible but I am exceptionally happy to hear that your tab is gone seeing as I didn't have one! hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
OMG THIS IS TORTURE!!! where was the acceptance tab?

UNM hurry up! I want to know who's going to be with me next year!!! Lol