2013 ****The Official MWU-Chicago 2018 Interview/Acceptance****

You're a shoo-in dentalhas! I'm currently a second year dental student in the MWU Downers Grove dental program (class off 2017) and both your DAT scores and GPA are above the averages for our entire class when we got accepted here. With your stats, I honestly might look into other programs that are how should I put this...more economical. Don't get me wrong the education here is top notch, but if you have the stats to obtain interviews and very likely acceptances at other institutions where you won't incur very possibly $500,000 in debt by the time you graduate GO FOR IT!!! I did the 9 month masters that they offer at MWU (MA in Biomedical Sciences) and if I've done the math right, I should owe about $650,000-$700,000 by the time I graduate as a dentist. Sure these degrees are serving me well, and I have NO doubt whatsoever that I'll be able to pay it all back with the salary I secure as a dentist (plus I plan to specialize, so that should definitely help out!); I guess all I'm saying is, know what you're in for before you sign up. I came because I love the MWU mindset-open door policy for teachers, integrated curriculum, staff/faculty that TRULY care about you and you are not just treated as a dollar sign by the university-these are all areas in which Midwestern University (MWU) excels and were enough to keep me around, long story short-just know what you're signing up for and what implications it might have on your future both financially and otherwise before you commit to a school. Best of luck my friend!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you guys for your feedback! Joedentalstudent thanks for the advice I'm definitely going to keep that in mind!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from this school recently?? Any acceptances off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to the 1 year program. If anyone else did and wants to join the Facebook group for that it's

https://www.facebook.com/groups/622494844488591/

Hey Everyone,
Heres the petition for the white coat ceremony. Please sign and show your support and maybe it will help!
Scroll to page 2
"The White Coat Ceremony is an opportunity to pledge one’s commitment to the health care field. It is also a time for friends and families to celebrate the inauguration of their loved ones as they begin their academic career in the health field. In past years, Midwestern University has allowed students to invite guests to this ceremony. This year, the event is listed as “students only.” As a student body, we would like to show the university that students are interested in sharing this event with their guests. Please sign this petition to show your support."
Thank you,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nALLLT7A3ul5H1IX_Z7ATcAkkU5gVDL_4hXm2a_B3YE/edit?usp=sharing

Is
Hey Everyone,
Heres the petition for the white coat ceremony. Please sign and show your support and maybe it will help!
Scroll to page 2
"The White Coat Ceremony is an opportunity to pledge one’s commitment to the health care field. It is also a time for friends and families to celebrate the inauguration of their loved ones as they begin their academic career in the health field. In past years, Midwestern University has allowed students to invite guests to this ceremony. This year, the event is listed as “students only.” As a student body, we would like to show the university that students are interested in sharing this event with their guests. Please sign this petition to show your support."
Thank you,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nALLLT7A3ul5H1IX_Z7ATcAkkU5gVDL_4hXm2a_B3YE/edit?usp=sharing

Is white coat currently held with all the other programs too? Do you have another sort of students-only ceremony when you go from pre-clinical to clinical years?

Grats everyone on your acceptance.
I was just curious if anyone knows if we need to take a drug test before we get there? Will they do one when we get there?

Hi everyone, I am also interested in MWU dental school in Downer's Grove. I wanted to ask a few question to those who got accepted....
When you applied, how did you send the transcripts to AADSAS? And how about the letter of recs? Also, what did you use to prepare yourself for the DAT? What extra circulars should I have? Do I have to be some type of a president of a club, or does just being part of a club help. I worked as a TA, and I will work as a tutor, and I am also working at a nursing home where I have to take lead of the residents and do things... I am going to join the dental club as well as a few other clubs. But I dont think i have enough time to be president or vice president, etc.. My GPA will be around 3.5 and my science will be 3.1, and not sure about the DAT yet... I am a bit afraid about the DAT because I haven't taken ORGO I and II yet and I plan to apply next year. My plan with the DAT is to prepare for the other 3 sections first and then prepare for the Science as much as possible and then and completion of ORGO, I will prepare a bit more and take the test. Is this plan good? What science classes do you suggest I take for the DAT? Should I take both Orgo I and II? Also, does Midwestern require a personal statement?I shadowed a lot, and I am currently trying to find a dental clinic somewhere to volunteer. I am going to volunteer at other places such as animal shelter or life source. Any suggestion you guys can make in order to make my application solid will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

I have created an in-depth document that contains information about the interview, specific/general advice, and interview questions that have been asked in the past 3 cycles. If you would like this, PM me and I can send it over your way.

This is a little random, but I'm going to mwu-il this fall as a D1. I'm just wondering where a lot of married couples typically live at.