2014-2015 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea on how strict SLU is with their LORs? Could a PI fill in for one of the teacher letter requirements?

Members don't see this ad.

status page still says application not submitted and LOR's haven't been received... but i've gotten emails saying it was submitted what is up with these guys

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
status page still says application not submitted and LOR's haven't been received... but i've gotten emails saying it was submitted what is up with these guys

Yes: "We are aware of the issue and have notified our programmers and anticipate the problem to be resolved in a week or so. In the mean time, please be assured that your application was successfully submitted."

My submission status was unchanged but payment was processed.

Status page has been having issues. Relax for a couple of weeks!

Interesting how the payment transactions all work just perfectly... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Calm down fellas! I called last week and they said technical issues will be resolved in the next 2 weeks. If you are really concerned, please call admissions and they can verify your secondary submission on their system. Things like these might happen throughout the application cycle and its probably best to just call and check if you are SO concerned.

Calm down fellas! I called last week and they said technical issues will be resolved in the next 2 weeks. If you are really concerned, please call admissions and they can verify your secondary submission on their system. Things like these might happen throughout the application cycle and its probably best to just call and check if you are SO concerned.

I think some of us just expect a little more for such an outrageous fee to click a couple buttons....

I think some of us just expect a little more for such an outrageous fee to click a couple buttons....
I understand and share similar sentiments. But it is what it is and complaining won't help. Its best to get done with this secondary and move on to the next...time is precious and not worth cribbing over things that are out of our control.

I tried to submit my application but the payment isn't working, so I cannot submit. Anyone else having this problem?

They seemed to have fixed it since last night! False alarm

Last edited:
Runtime Error. That's what the link says when I try to go on. I then went to their website, found a link, and again it says, "Runtime Error". Anyone have this problem? I had gone on their website when I first got the secondary without any issues.

I think they're aware that the website is having issues. I called them and they said they were getting in touch with the web developers. I wouldn't worry about it right now, wait until Monday.

Do I have to be a Christian to have a shot at this school? I'm kinda an atheist so I'm not sure if it's even worth filling out their secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do I have to be a Christian to have a shot at this school? I'm kinda an atheist so I'm not sure if it's even worth filling out their secondary.

lol I already submitted and I'm atheist as hell

IMO all that matters is having a heart for service and for others that shows through in your application. There isn't a question asking you to list your priest's name or get a LOR from him or anything, so I don't think it matters. My atheist friend is starting here this fall.

Thanks guys. I got worried after realizing it was a Jesuit school and I'm not really a religious person.

lol I already submitted and I'm atheist as hell
So wait... atheist as hell? That means you don't believe in hell, which means that you are atheist as nothing, which means that you aren't atheist, which means that you DO believe in hell, which allows you to be atheist as hell again... I think there's some circular logic about to take off.

Reactions: 1 users
Are letters received showing blank for anyone else on this secondary?

Does anyone know if SLU will accept upper level biology courses in place of the "general biology or zoology" requirement? They make it pretty clear AP credit is not acceptable.

So wait... atheist as hell? That means you don't believe in hell, which means that you are atheist as nothing, which means that you aren't atheist, which means that you DO believe in hell, which allows you to be atheist as hell again... I think there's some circular logic about to take off.

Maybe I'm alluding to the nature of statements regarding religious beliefs?

since anyone else's application still broken? i submitted it ages ago and it still says payment not received and not submitted.

since anyone else's application still broken? i submitted it ages ago and it still says payment not received and not submitted.

Same here. Not too worried because if you click "Secondary Application" there should be a green check mark next to "Application Submit."

I wouldn't worry about it. Just call if you want reassurance

Should've definitely checked here before spending time emailing them about my missing letters...lol

They just marked my letters as received, but still says my secondaries are not submitted - even though I got the submission confirmation email ages and ages ago

They just marked my letters as received, but still says my secondaries are not submitted - even though I got the submission confirmation email ages and ages ago

Same issue here... Guess they're fixing bugs one step at a time :p

I submitted my secondary app last week but never got an email confirmation. My status page says my secondary app isn't submitted either. It seems like others received a confirmation email but I haven't. Should I be worried?

I submitted my secondary app last week but never got an email confirmation. My status page says my secondary app isn't submitted either. It seems like others received a confirmation email but I haven't. Should I be worried?
Not at all. I never received a confirmation email and I checked today(called them to verify if they received all my letters)and seems like my application is under review...