2016-2017 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my acceptance, good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Likely picking NJMS so I'll be relinquishing my acceptance here. Best of luck to you all! I hope everyone ends up where they want to be :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from Dean Terregino today, 30m or so ago! Good luck to everyone waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also just got the good news! Now I have to decide between here and NJMS... both programs are great!!

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea when they will be sending out the acceptance email?
Got mine the day after the call in the late afternoon. They had a lot of calls to make and they try and do that before sending emails of any kind.

That's right. We were told we would hear on 3/10, so it's a bit of a shock (albeit a great one).
wow congrats!!! that is so exciting! you must have knocked the interview out of the park! may I ask what your Lizzy M is, and if you're in state?

wow congrats!!! that is so exciting! you must have knocked the interview out of the park! may I ask what your Lizzy M is, and if you're in state?
I don't think I've ever calculated that score. I've mainly used SDN to get an idea of timeline/advice for schools for which I received an interview invite.

Yes, I'm in state.

Accepted!!!! Interviewed 1/13, IS and LizzyM ~67. I'll be attending. Good luck guys

Accepted as well! Interviewed last Friday (2/24) OOS

I also interviewed this Monday so very quick turn around for me since I was at like the last interview sesh
If you thought this was quick, Buffalo informs acceptees within 24 hours of interview.

Received the email at around 4:11.

Do you not have to put down a deposit for RWJ? Didn't see any deposit info in any of the e-mails I got.

Did the Dean who called tell you how many acceptances went out today? In December, there were 150.

Guess she's done calling.
I'm sure it was a much smaller number of calls for acceptances this time around.
Larger bulk went out in December.

Also got the call today! Interviewed 2/27. They did tell us 3/10 so I doubt all acceptances went out today- keep your hopes up!

Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted today! Interviewed 1/13! Congratulations to everyone!

Got a call yesterday that I had been accepted. Interviewed on 2/24

Do you not have to put down a deposit for RWJ? Didn't see any deposit info in any of the e-mails I got.
There is no deposit as far as I know. You just have to reply with your acceptance and necessary documents.

Did 50-75 acceptances go out yesterday? I haven't gotten an acceptance call but also haven't gotten a WL email

Just received email that the incoming class is currently full. Placed on high-priority alternate list.

I just got the high priority alternate list. I would really like to get into this school. Is this a good time for a letter of intent? This stage of the game is new to me. I'm a bit worried in that I'm accepted into an osteopath school and I'm not sure when I can widwdraw from this school in time if I get into RWJMS.
Very exciting stuff, High priority friends please update when you can!

I just got the high priority alternate list. I would really like to get into this school. Is this a good time for a letter of intent? This stage of the game is new to me. I'm a bit worried in that I'm accepted into an osteopath school and I'm not sure when I can widwdraw from this school in time if I get into RWJMS.
Very exciting stuff, High priority friends please update when you can!

Go for it!

I wouldn't guarantee movement with the HPWL, but if there is, the LOI could improve your chances. And you can withdraw from the osteopathic school at any time, but you would lose the deposit.

Does anyone know when we will receive information regarding scholarship opportunities?

Is anyone attending the spring reception on April 7th? If so, does anyone know the schedule for it?

Is anyone attending the spring reception on April 7th? If so, does anyone know the schedule for it?
I think it starts at 3pm or 2pm if you want to attend the Financial Aid info session! Other than that I'm not too sure

I am accepted to RWJMS, is there any reason to attend an interview at Drexel? I've done some research and I've all but decided to give up the interview slot. Is there anything I should know about Drexel (compared to RWJMS) before I do that?

I am accepted to RWJMS, is there any reason to attend an interview at Drexel? I've done some research and I've all but decided to give up the interview slot. Is there anything I should know about Drexel (compared to RWJMS) before I do that?

No, there is no reason to attend the Drexel interview. It is a substantially worse school than RWJ. The class sizes there are far too big (big enough to the point where some students don't have seats during mandatory lectures in the lecture hall.) And the tuition is ludicrous (which makes it even more ridiculous that they didn't even make a lecture hall big enough for their students.)

No, there is no reason to attend the Drexel interview. It is a substantially worse school than RWJ. The class sizes there are far too big (big enough to the point where some students don't have seats during mandatory lectures in the lecture hall.) And the tuition is ludicrous (which makes it even more ridiculous that they didn't even make a lecture hall big enough for their students.)

Yikes!

Is anyone applying for the Chancellor’s Scholarships – Global Health Concentration?
Is the study plan supposed to be sort of a project proposal?

Has anyone inquired about financial aid package release dates?

^I am not applying for the global health scholarships, but that's the impression that I got when I perused through the application out of curiosity. Again, I may not be the best person to ask! I can't imagine it would hurt to contact admissions to receive additional guidance.