2016-2017 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure, but I think that's what she was getting at. =/
There is one more interview date left

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who had their interview already who wouldn't mind telling me about their experience? :) First II-- Exciting times!

(OOS, got the invite end of December. LM of 70/69)

Reactions: 1 user
They are. The woman I spoke with from the admissions office told me that they are hoping to get interview invites out by the end of January. Soooo... there's still hope for those of us who are waiting! *fingers crossed*

I met with a director of admissions at the end of december (12/30 I believe), and there were only 5 II spots left at that point. By now, I would assume that there probably are not any spots left anymore. :(

They are. The woman I spoke with from the admissions office told me that they are hoping to get interview invites out by the end of January. Soooo... there's still hope for those of us who are waiting! *fingers crossed*

I met with a director of admissions at the end of december (12/30 I believe), and there were only 5 II spots left at that point. By now, I would assume that there probably are not any spots left anymore. :(

Nooo, so should the rest of us be expecting a rejection email soon? :(

They will likely email us all rejections at the very end of the cycle

Anyone who had their interview already who wouldn't mind telling me about their experience? :) First II-- Exciting times!

(OOS, got the invite end of December. LM of 70/69)

Congratulations! RWJMS does the MMI, as I'm sure you know. We all had to sign NDA's, so I can't go into too much detail, but it is a very relaxed atmosphere. The student ambassadors do a great job of explaining their experiences with the school and calming your nerves before the interviews start. Good luck!

Congratulations! RWJMS does the MMI, as I'm sure you know. We all had to sign NDA's, so I can't go into too much detail, but it is a very relaxed atmosphere. The student ambassadors do a great job of explaining their experiences with the school and calming your nerves before the interviews start. Good luck!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they are done interviewing?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II here- only available date was Feb 27th, but I don't know if that is actually the last date. LM 68.

Are decisions released March 13 or 15? The wait is killing me!

Are decisions released March 13 or 15? The wait is killing me!

I interviewed here last week...they told us the 2nd(last) round of decisions will be by March 20.

I interviewed here last week...they told us the 2nd(last) round of decisions will be by March 20.
do they release all decisions on the same day? I know they're non-rolling but that seems like a really fast turn-around for the Feb 27th interview date

do they release all decisions on the same day? I know they're non-rolling but that seems like a really fast turn-around for the Feb 27th interview date

I'm not sure if same day. All she said was that they only do 2 rounds of decisions and the 2nd and last round would be by March 2oth.

People that interviewed 12/12 found out 12/15 haha

Also interviewing on 2/27 - the ideal fit for me!

Can anyone confirm decision release day? I was told during II that it was all released Mar. 20th, but I think some people were told the 6th, 13th, or 15th?

Also, does anyone know if they accept LOI post-interview?
I would like to know this as well. I'm interviewing here on Monday and will 100% attend if accepted. Does putting that in a letter make a difference sometimes?

Does anyone know where I can find more information on the full scholarship offered? I know there is an opportunity for accepted students to apply by submitting an essay, but I can't seem to find more information.

Also - does anyone know how popular the MD - MBA program is?

I know RWJ does like semi-rolling so they notify everyone sometime in mid-March who didn't get notified in December, but does that still mean that the later the interview date, the lower chance you'd have? Grateful for getting an interview, but want to see if interviewing really late is going to have a significant impact.

Interviewed in the first group this morning. I got a good vibe from the students but it really sucks that the hospital is not a walkable distance away from the medical school.

Interviewed in the first group this morning. I got a good vibe from the students but it really sucks that the hospital is not a walkable distance away from the medical school.
Hope you hear good news!

You are correct that the main academic building, where the interviews were held, is in Piscataway on the opposite side of the river from New Brunswick, where the hospital is. But the hospital is attached to an auxiliary academic building complete with a library and, as I recall from a former student, where some classes are held in the later years (3 & 4).

When are accepted students given the opportunity to apply for the full scholarship?

I would like to know this as well. I'm interviewing here on Monday and will 100% attend if accepted. Does putting that in a letter make a difference sometimes?
Congratulations on your interview! I don't know if you've sent your thank you email yet, but if you haven't, make sure you put that you will 100% accept their offer of admission should they give it to you.

Congratulations on your interview! I don't know if you've sent your thank you email yet, but if you haven't, make sure you put that you will 100% accept their offer of admission should they give it to you.
thanks so much for your advice- I loved the school and am sending my thank you/letter of intent this afternoon!! :) here's hoping it helps!