2016-2017 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The wait is real hard - this was the first school i interviewed at! Good luck to everyone, hope it works out for us all. just wondering, has anyone here interviewed/been accepted at NJMS yet? I'm interested in how people are going to decide between the two/what factors should be considered. I'm torn (not that I've been accepted to RWJ, just really hoping it will work out!)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The wait is real hard - this was the first school i interviewed at! Good luck to everyone, hope it works out for us all. just wondering, has anyone here interviewed/been accepted at NJMS yet? I'm interested in how people are going to decide between the two/what factors should be considered. I'm torn (not that I've been accepted to RWJ, just really hoping it will work out!)

I've been accepted to NJMS. I am also awaiting a decision from RWJ. I think deciding between the two will depend on fit and location. I have other schools I am considering as well. The two schools are different in terms of how they "feel," the patient populations they serve and the cities they are located in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if it's in alphabetical order?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they accepted MD/PHD candidates today. Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
Goodnight y'all. Hopefully we'll all wake up to acceptances tomorrow, Oprah style. "And YOU get an acceptance! And YOU get an acceptance! EVERY. BODY. GETS. AN. ACCEPTANCE!" ;)

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the call!

OOS LM 79. Interviewed early November

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got the call this morning at 8:30, incredibly humbled and excited! Congrats to everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow they started the calls early. Congrats everyone!

Btw - do rejections and wait lists come out today as well? Or just more silence?

Accepted! I'm shaking. This is my first acceptance.

Reactions: 7 users
59910170.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call!

Per Dr. T- there is no order. Not alphabetical. She has meetings all day so is calling interspersed between them. Can't make 150 calls at once-which is how many they are making today. Will send an email when all calls are made. She asked if I could put that on the internet lol.

Be patient and good luck!

Reactions: 10 users
Got the call from Dr. Terregino this morning at 8:30!! She couldn't have been nicer. She said the official email should be coming soon.

Got the call from Dr. Terregino this morning at 8:30!! She couldn't have been nicer. She said the official email should be coming soon.
That's really nice of you! Thanks for the update :] And congratulations!

*I meant that for bg123456, but congratulations to you too! lol

Just got the call!

Per Dr. T- there is no order. Not alphabetical. She has meetings all day so is calling interspersed between them. Can't make 150 calls at once-which is how many they are making today. Will send an email when all calls are made. She asked if I could put that on the internet lol.

did she mention anything about rejections??

Just got the call!

hahahah that was really kind of her to send this update to everyone :) thank you for relaying the message. Congratulations on your acceptance!!!

In! :soexcited:

First acceptance. Still shaking, in tears, OMG

IS, Non-trad, URM, LizzyM 64-67

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! IS, URM, MD-only, Interviewed Mid-September.

Last edited:
Accepted at 10:30 this morning, still in tears! This is my top choice! Interviewed Early November

URM, IS, MD only

Reactions: 3 users
so will everyone who has interviewed early (like sept/oct/even nov) and doesnt get a phone call today get an email to let them know their status or at least to know that the phone calls are done? just wondering because i don't wanna spend all day anxiously checking email/waiting by the phone

anyone complete in early sept. or after get an interview yet?

so will everyone who has interviewed early (like sept/oct/even nov) and doesnt get a phone call today get an email to let them know their status or at least to know that the phone calls are done? just wondering because i don't wanna spend all day anxiously checking email/waiting by the phone
I was told they would let us know everyone's status (by email) once acceptances are issued in December.

Losing hope as the day goes on lol

Wait so they're definitely doing all of them today? Or is there a chance to get a call later this week?

I speculate more will come in the evening, maybe after 5 or 6, just based on when workdays end. Not sure though, this is just an opinion.

I was told they would let us know everyone's status (by email) once acceptances are issued in December.

Losing hope as the day goes on lol

Just stay chill man. I'm in the same boat. If it's gonna happen, it will happen. It's not over until we get that email. No use worrying about this now. Concentrate on something else.

According to the acceptance call I got from Dr. Terregino, she said she has to make 150 calls today. Who knows if that is going to happen because quite frankly 150 calls in one day is A LOT!

I definitely also bombed one MMI station.

According to the acceptance call I got from Dr. Terregino, she said she has to make 150 calls today. Who knows if that is going to happen because quite frankly 150 calls in one day is A LOT!

I definitely also bombed one MMI station.

That's the beauty of the MMI! I know Dr. Copeland is helping to make calls

Patiently waiting and hoping to be one of those 150 acceptances.

Reactions: 5 users