2016 Nontrad Applicants' Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That sounds so stressful! Glad it was resolved. Good luck!!

Did anyone else just have a mini heart attack when they got an email that said "action required" and "AMCAS defect" in it...?

For real though!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else just have a mini heart attack when they got an email that said "action required" and "AMCAS defect" in it...?

Ya! I was religiously checking my med school application email and literally jumped out of my seat. Good to know my application wasn't deleted :)

Yes! even after reading it I still did! I was like what if it somehow identified me as a minority and I'm not, and when schools find out they're going to be like "oops, sorry."

Mine didn't have anything wrong though, already checked it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god I just got another II! From Downstate!! Ahhhhhh!!

Reactions: 5 users
Officially accepted at CCOM! I'm going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 18 users
Omg yaaaaaaas!!! On my phone so can't post celebration gif but I'll be back later! So happy for you!!!!!
Duuuuuude! How did your nerves-of-steel interview go??

Last edited:
Thank everyone! Looks like we may be having our baby boy soon too. Contractions increasing!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Officially accepted at CCOM! I'm going to be a doctor!

celebrate3.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Duuuuuude! How did your nerves-of-steel interview go??

It went well (I think)! My interviewer's comment after was "Well, that was a fun interview." Which is good. I think. Whatever, sitting in the airport now cuddling a beer while I wait five hours for my flight home.

13th II popped up, 9 MD / 4 DO! Except they put it on a date I can't go, so this'll be fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Wow, what a nightmare. Glad it worked out in the end. And is that really what happens when airlines lose our luggage, it's just left behind on the tarmac?!

SERIOUSLY THOUGH

And howd the interview go?

Felt like it went well! Cept they warned us we might not be in the first batch going through the committee, so it could be November til we know the result. Weep.

Reactions: 1 user
I do believe this gif needs to be spammed on Oct 15 regardless of any outcomes. Just sayin ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Anxiously waiting for a II? For October 15th? For April? Here's what we all need!

I saw people in threads not getting calls til late October last year. So yeah, don't lose your head if it doesn't happen right on Oct 15th.

I just paid the $ for the professional transcripts entry on AACOMAS. . At first I was--- I'll putin myself and save some money... but I have over 170 credits ..... so after two semester I was +pissed+ F... it and put it on my CC. When I come back from this round of interviews I will have to work a lot ...,. lol

I just paid the $ for the professional transcripts entry on AACOMAS. . At first I was--- I'll putin myself and save some money... but I have over 170 credits ..... so after two semester I was +pissed+ F... it and put it on my CC. When I come back from this round of interviews I will have to work a lot ...,. lol

Don't forget to go into AAMC and select AACOMAS as a recipient of your MCAT score. Else all your apps will only show an unofficial score.

Reactions: 1 users
Annnnnnd I have a son! Born yesterday at 2:03 after my wife was a complete bad ass. I cannot believe the endurance that woman has!

Reactions: 19 users
Congratulations! That's so exciting! Growing extra fingers to cross just for you guys.

It might be our last October 4th before medical school, guys. It's sunny and cool here and NYC smells like cider. Also, the new Autre ne Veut album is freaking great. Hope you're all chilling in your own ways, and in your own shoes. (Hint hint) :)

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1443986570.566014.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
My shoes are at job #2 today. Too bad I had to go with them, cause with all this rain and wind I wouldn't mind being home in bed :)

Last Oct 4th before medical school, what a thought! :xf::xf::xf:

boot.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Annnnnnd I have a son! Born yesterday at 2:03 after my wife was a complete bad ass. I cannot believe the endurance that woman has!

Congratulations! :=|:-): That's a whole lot of good news in a short time!

Hey all! I am not sure how I went from checking SDN daily to not touching it in over a month...

It is incredible and inspiring to see so many interviews and even a acceptance in this thread!

I'm rolling along with 3 II's, so definitely quite happy!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey all! I am not sure how I went from checking SDN daily to not touching it in over a month...

It is incredible and inspiring to see so many interviews and even a acceptance in this thread!

I'm rolling along with 3 II's, so definitely quite happy!

ONE OF USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Off to Chicago tomorrow and then moving on to Dallas Thursday.
Busy interview week.
Best of luck to everybody else with interviews this week!

BTW guys, if anyone is going to be in Richmond for a Wednesday interview, I and another member of the Non-Trad Coalition (who can identify themselves if they so choose) will be there. I'll have my car so I'm happy to try and help anyone needing transportation.

It might be our last October 4th before medical school, guys. It's sunny and cool here and NYC smells like cider. Also, the new Autre ne Veut album is freaking great. Hope you're all chilling in your own ways, and in your own shoes. (Hint hint) :)

View attachment 196745
If you have another day to have fun, go check out the old subway/rail tracks -> botanical garden (the Highline is near Chelsea, I believe). It's AWESOME :D

If you have another day to have fun, go check out the old subway/rail tracks -> botanical garden (the Highline is near Chelsea, I believe). It's AWESOME :D
Haha oh I Iive here! And, you're totally right about the high line. I didn't mean to come off as bragging but I guess I did.

My thing right now is that I'm having a lot of feels about life as I know it maybe ending in ten months. Love New York (sometimes), love my friends, etc. That, plus anxiety about October 15th, and I was surprised to discover a moment of just enjoying life. Really want to remember to do that as much as possible before (hopefully) medical school.

I figure I'm not the only one occasionally lost in anxieties, so I thought maybe I'd try to inspire a round of, "hey, life's okay here, actually."

Haha oh I Iive here! And, you're totally right about the high line. I didn't mean to come off as bragging but I guess I did.

My thing right now is that I'm having a lot of feels about life as I know it maybe ending in ten months. Love New York (sometimes), love my friends, etc. That, plus anxiety about October 15th, and I was surprised to discover a moment of just enjoying life. Really want to remember to do that as much as possible before (hopefully) medical school.

I figure I'm not the only one occasionally lost in anxieties, so I thought maybe I'd try to inspire a round of, "hey, life's okay here, actually."
Oops, my bad! I didn't get any bragging at all, just thought you were exploring the city. I didn't read into it well enough :p
The 10/15 timeline is killing me also. I feel pretty good post-interview but who knows how I come off as to the interviewers. I'll hear back from Upstate on the 15th but weeks for PSU and months for JHU. Ugh.
I hate my job so I'm dragging during the week but definitely need to learn to enjoy life instead of reeling in anxiety.

Oops, my bad! I didn't get any bragging at all, just thought you were exploring the city. I didn't read into it well enough :p
The 10/15 timeline is killing me also. I feel pretty good post-interview but who knows how I come off as to the interviewers. I'll hear back from Upstate on the 15th but weeks for PSU and months for JHU. Ugh.
I hate my job so I'm dragging during the week but definitely need to learn to enjoy life instead of reeling in anxiety.
You would totally only have known I lived here if you studied and memorized all my messages like a proper SDN maniac. :)

But I'm so for reminders or suggestions of how to enjoy my time here. I figure we can all use the reminder from time to time. Sorry about your crappy job, tho, that's the worst. Good to have one more reason to be excited about medical school, I guess!