2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard from LECOM-B post-II this month? I interviewed 1/5 and they told us to expect a decision in 2 weeks, but my portal still says "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

Members don't see this ad.

Today my file changed from under review to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" has anyone gotten an acceptance letter after this change on their LECOM account?

Reactions: 1 user
Today my file changed from under review to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" has anyone gotten an acceptance letter after this change on their LECOM account?

Mine says the same thing... they told our interview group that we would hear by e-mail so maybe this is a bad thing?...

Members don't see this ad :)
Changed after interviewing there?

Yes, mine changed after interviewing too. Interviewed last Friday. Still waiting on the letter.

My portal status changed to this as well this morning. It has been 3 weeks since my interview so I guess I will look out for something in the mail next week.

Would anyone mind sharing details about the interview process and types of questions that were asked? Is it a group interview or a panel interview? Thanks!!!

Withdrew my app here post-II but pre interview, so hopefully one of you gets my interview spot! Best of luck to everyone!

Would anyone mind sharing details about the interview process and types of questions that were asked? Is it a group interview or a panel interview? Thanks!!!

The interview portion kicks off early in the morning, and consists of about a 40 minute group interview with 2 interviewers and 6-8 students. This is followed by a one on one interview that lasts about 10-15 minutes. I thought both were fairly relaxed, but this is likely interviewer dependant. After the interview, you get a tour of the school and a lot of other information about LECOM and the surrounding area. I had questions that I didn't see on the SDN page for LECOM, but I think if you have a good feel for yourself and medicine, you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
The interview portion kicks off early in the morning, and consists of about a 40 minute group interview with 2 interviewers and 6-8 students. This is followed by a one on one interview that lasts about 10-15 minutes. I thought both were fairly relaxed, but this is likely interviewer dependant. After the interview, you get a tour of the school and a lot of other information about LECOM and the surrounding area. I had questions that I didn't see on the SDN page for LECOM, but I think if you have a good feel for yourself and medicine, you will be fine.

Thank you! I appreciate the response! This will be my first med school interview and I have never been in a group interview setting before. Just trying to get a feel of what to expect.

Has anyone who's applied late gotten an interview here? Applied in early December and haven't heard anything back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-II. I’ve been accepted elsewhere so I’m not upset about it, but what DOES bother me is that they continued to send me advertisement emails.

When I went to unsubscribe the thing has the gall to ask me why I want to unsubscribe.

I sent an email to their social media team. :p

Good luck everyone!

Has anyone received their letter yet from this last batch that went out?

Accepted today. Interviewed Jan 12

Just received my acceptance letter! Now my choice is much harder though. Are there any current students on here that I can talk to?

Yes it was made within a week and then I received an acceptance letter

Does anyone who interviewed on 2/2 have an update on their application yet?

My status just changed to "a decision has been made. expect a letter in 30 days" Yesterday. Anyone know how long that takes? Or if that means accepted? Flying blind here, not sure what to expect.

How bad are the cockroaches issue in Florida?
Not bad. I've been living here since I was 7, and unless you are leaving doors and windows open all the time its a non-issue. My biggest problems are ants and mosquitoes.

Does anyone who interviewed on 2/2 have an update on their application yet?
The committee met on the 8th. My status was not updated until Monday, the 12th. Granted, I interviewed in January, there was a paperwork delay. Just waiting on the darn letter! I hate not knowing what was in it. VCOM called me and told me the darned decision!

My status just changed to "a decision has been made. expect a letter in 30 days" Yesterday. Anyone know how long that takes? Or if that means accepted? Flying blind here, not sure what to expect.
When was your interview? They said we should receive a letter within a couple of weeks after interview now that it's getting toward the end of the cycle; he also was hinting the longer the wait, most likely a good outcome

When was your interview? They said we should receive a letter within a couple of weeks after interview now that it's getting toward the end of the cycle; he also was hinting the longer the wait, most likely a good outcome
I interviewed Jan 5th, but there was an issue with my transcript (university collapsed my AP section containing some prereqs) and I had to send another one. That arrived mid-January. Someone on the committee told me they met on Feb 8th when I called Friday. He wouldn't tell me the decision, just that the Dean would look over recommendations sometime this week (assuming Monday, since that's when my page updated).
I was accepted to another school last Friday and only have until the 23rd to send in my deposit. Need to know about LECOM soon...

I have an interview this Friday. Does anyone else interview the same day?

Not bad. I've been living here since I was 7, and unless you are leaving doors and windows open all the time its a non-issue. My biggest problems are ants and mosquitoes.

The committee met on the 8th. My status was not updated until Monday, the 12th. Granted, I interviewed in January, there was a paperwork delay. Just waiting on the darn letter! I hate not knowing what was in it. VCOM called me and told me the darned decision!

I've heard after your portal changes to decision made you can call the office and they'll let you know? I'm not sure if this is true or not though. I hope you get good news!!! I interviewed on 2/2 and my portal still says under review..I'm feeling impatient :xf: hoping the longer wait is a positive thing.

I have an interview this Friday. Does anyone else interview the same day?
I already interviewed. But prepare for a group interview with weird questions. NO ONE asked, "why do you want to be a doctor" or "why LECOM" like other schools.
We got asked "if you turned the clock back to before you picked either medicine or your major, and you could not follow either path, what would you have done and why?" or "tell me about some new medical research or techniques you've heard about?" "what are some issues in the health care system, if you think there are any?"
That said, one of the doctors who led out group interview specifically said he was going off script. From my understanding, they have a list of questions, and he elected not to use them XD
Also, the one on one interview was only 8ish minutes. And the doctor I interviewed with took 3 minutes just to introduce himself and give his life story. Kind, impressive man, but I'm sitting there going "I have 5 minutes to make you like me." He also only gave me 45 seconds to introduce myself before having me read out loud a medical ethical dilemma and answer it.
So my advice. Don't interrupt, be kind to your fellow groupmates. Engage in the conversation instead of sitting passively waiting for your turn (I called ahead, I got in, WOOT! So that's should be sound advice, as I was openly asking questions on other people's responses). Also be prepared to introduce yourself in under a minute, including all of your impressive feats. I blanked out when he said I had 45s and just said: "My name is this, and I am this major, and I'm in the chemistry club." My brain shorted out after that, didn't mention my research or internships, any of the impressive stuff. He took mercy on me and we ended up talking about school sports for the last few minutes because he was familiar with my undergrad.

I've heard after your portal changes to decision made you can call the office and they'll let you know? I'm not sure if this is true or not though. I hope you get good news!!! I interviewed on 2/2 and my portal still says under review..I'm feeling impatient :xf: hoping the longer wait is a positive thing.
I was under review for a full month. Have hope!

Hey guys, quick question, anyone else get from Bradenton this app status change "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." just changed today after 3 months on the supplemental change. Is it a rejection? Didn't receive a II in the e-mail.

Hey guys, quick question, anyone else get from Bradenton this app status change "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." just changed today after 3 months on the supplemental change. Is it a rejection? Didn't receive an II in the e-mail.
If you never received an interview invite then it's probably a rejection. Sorry.

I already interviewed. But prepare for a group interview with weird questions. NO ONE asked, "why do you want to be a doctor" or "why LECOM" like other schools.
We got asked "if you turned the clock back to before you picked either medicine or your major, and you could not follow either path, what would you have done and why?" or "tell me about some new medical research or techniques you've heard about?" "what are some issues in the health care system, if you think there are any?"
That said, one of the doctors who led out group interview specifically said he was going off script. From my understanding, they have a list of questions, and he elected not to use them XD
Also, the one on one interview was only 8ish minutes. And the doctor I interviewed with took 3 minutes just to introduce himself and give his life story. Kind, impressive man, but I'm sitting there going "I have 5 minutes to make you like me." He also only gave me 45 seconds to introduce myself before having me read out loud a medical ethical dilemma and answer it.
So my advice. Don't interrupt, be kind to your fellow groupmates. Engage in the conversation instead of sitting passively waiting for your turn (I called ahead, I got in, WOOT! So that's should be sound advice, as I was openly asking questions on other people's responses). Also be prepared to introduce yourself in under a minute, including all of your impressive feats. I blanked out when he said I had 45s and just said: "My name is this, and I am this major, and I'm in the chemistry club." My brain shorted out after that, didn't mention my research or internships, any of the impressive stuff. He took mercy on me and we ended up talking about school sports for the last few minutes because he was familiar with my undergrad.

Congrats on your acceptance! And thanks so much for the info

So you called them and they gave you the decision even though your portal still said under “review”?
Nope. I was under review for a month, then my application updated to "A decision has been made. You will receive a letter within 30 days" last Monday, the 12th. My deposit was due for a different school yesterday, and I couldn't afford to wait for the LECOM letter. So once the portal updated I called. At that point, they were able to tell me the decision. The letter didn't arrive until today, so calling was a good thing.

Last edited:
Interviewed 2/8, just noticed the portal changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days"

Interviewed 2/8, just noticed the portal changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days"
Hope you hear good news! Looks like most people on this thread that received a quick decision got an acceptance.

interviewed 2/1 ...my portal changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" about one week after my interview...

im checking my mail everyday!!! its driving me crazy..just waiting