2017-2018 LECOM - Bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interviewed 2/1 ...my portal changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" about one week after my interview...

im checking my mail everyday!!! its driving me crazy..just waiting
You could always just call them. I don't know how I would be able to wait that long without taking the shortcut with a phone call lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Thinking a little ahead but if I were to be accepted, when does the clock officially start to pay the tuition deposit? During the interview they said you have 2 weeks to submit the deposit but two weeks from what date? The day the letter is dated or when you actually receive the letter?

Thinking a little ahead but if I were to be accepted, when does the clock officially start to pay the tuition deposit? During the interview they said you have 2 weeks to submit the deposit but two weeks from what date? The day the letter is dated or when you actually receive the letter?
I think they have a deadline every two weeks, not related to your letter. My letter was sent on the 12th, it arrived on the 15th, and my deadline was the 23rd. So by the time I got my letter, I had only eight days to get it in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they have a deadline every two weeks, not related to your letter. My letter was sent on the 12th, it arrived on the 15th, and my deadline was the 23rd. So by the time I got my letter, I had only eight days to get it in.
Understood, thanks!

My portal just changed to say they made a decision and I'll receive a letter in 30 days. Interviewed on 2/16/18. They also updated my letter requirement folder to say my second science letter did not meet the requirements because it wasn't signed.
I'm assuming they can't send out an acceptance without having satisfied all of the letter requirements correct?

My portal just changed to say they made a decision and I'll receive a letter in 30 days. Interviewed on 2/16/18. They also updated my letter requirement folder to say my second science letter did not meet the requirements because it wasn't signed.
I'm assuming they can't send out an acceptance without having satisfied all of the letter requirements correct?
It could be a conditional acceptance, that is, conditional upon submission of a valid second science letter. Don't lost hope!

Interviewed on 2/2. My application just changed from "your application is under review post interview" to "your application is still under consideration by the admissions committee". Anyone have this happen to them or know what it could mean? Thanks!

Interviewed on 2/2. My application just changed from "your application is under review post interview" to "your application is still under consideration by the admissions committee". Anyone have this happen to them or know what it could mean? Thanks!
It could mean they accepted you but are waiting for a seat to open.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 2/8, just noticed the portal changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days"
Received Waitlist letter on fridaay, probably withdrawing from the waitlist though. Good luck!

Sounds like you were deferred, but thats not such a bad place to be in! Much better than being rejected.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I will be applying for the next cycle and have a question. Do you receive separate acceptance/rejection notifications for the PA and FL campus, or is it just like if you get rejected in general, then you have no chance at LECOM at all? I am wondering because it seems like the primaries are separate. I also read somewhere on this thread that both campuses have their own interview process, and you could be invited separately for each location. So, are the secondaries and decisions also separated or no? I would like to have hope from atleast 1 location if the other doesn't want me . Thank you!

Hi everyone!

I will be applying for the next cycle and have a question. Do you receive separate acceptance/rejection notifications for the PA and FL campus, or is it just like if you get rejected in general, then you have no chance at LECOM at all? I am wondering because it seems like the primaries are separate. I also read somewhere on this thread that both campuses have their own interview process, and you could be invited separately for each location. So, are the secondaries and decisions also separated or no? I would like to have hope from atleast 1 location if the other doesn't want me . Thank you!

From my understanding Erie & Seton Hill have the same application, secondary, and interview process while Bradenton has their own. Being rejected/accepted into FL doesn't affect your PA application and vice versa. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an alternate list letter today. I’m assuming that’s their waitlist?

From what I understand they have an accepted waitlist, and then an alternate list. I think the accepted waitlist will be brought up first before the alternate list.

From what I understand they have an accepted waitlist, and then an alternate list. I think the accepted waitlist will be brought up first before the alternate list.
When I called to confirm my alternate list spot, I asked about this. They said their alternate list is their waitlist. They said that’s the only type of waitlist they have.

When I called to confirm my alternate list spot, I asked about this. They said their alternate list is their waitlist. They said that’s the only type of waitlist they have.

What the heck lol that’s not what they told us

What the heck lol that’s not what they told us
I was told on the phone several days ago that they have a ranked wait list and an alternate wait list. They said it was their first year doing this.

I was told on the phone several days ago that they have a ranked wait list and an alternate wait list. They said it was their first year doing this.
Huh. Maybe the lady I spoke to didn’t know about it. Whoever it was that I talked to was the person that they transferred me to for confirming the alternate list.

At my interview the student affairs director told us the admissions committee could do one of three things:

1) rejection
2) alternate list
3) ranking

Someone asked him to clarify and he just repeated the same thing. I guess he was trying to hint that there aren't any seats left because I initially thought the “ranking” was an acceptance. I guess now the ranking was the preferred waitlist.

Just saw the portal update that they made a decision, but when I called they couldn't tell me over the phone. Looks like I'll be anxiously waiting for that physical letter.

Portal update that a decision has been made! How long does it usually take to receive the letter?
I interviewed 2/16 (Friday), my portal changed to show they made a decision 2/23 (Friday) and I received my alternate list letter 3/1 (Thursday).

Reactions: 1 users
My portal still says “under review post interview” and there are people who interviewed same day and have decisions made... should I call or wait the 30 days? Thinking of sending a letter of intent to push my chances.

My portal still says “under review post interview” and there are people who interviewed same day and have decisions made... should I call or wait the 30 days? Thinking of sending a letter of intent to push my chances.
At my interview they said the longer it takes for them to make a decision, the better. Meaning you'll probably be getting an actual seat instead of waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
At my interview they said the longer it takes for them to make a decision, the better. Meaning you'll probably be getting an actual seat instead of waitlist.
I guess I will stop complaining then, I hope to be that lucky.

I interviewed a month ago and my portal still says that. Not sure what's taking so long.

Last edited:
Just got the letter today and have been put in the alternate list. Hoping for some quick movement :)

II just now via email but declining as I'm good with the acceptances I have. Dates available: Apr 4, 6th, and 13th

II just now via email but declining as I'm good with the acceptances I have. Dates available: Apr 4, 6th, and 13th
I'm glad to see they're still doing interviews thank you! Do you mind revealing your stats? (Grad school exp..etc)

Got a call on Monday saying i was accepted to LECOM Bradenton ! interviewed 2/16. Mr. Shively said I had until 3/26 to pay my deposit ...except I have not gotten my letter in the mail yet and I do not know how to pay the deposit. Anyone know if I can go ahead and pay my deposit even though I have not gotten my official letter ?

Got a call on Monday saying i was accepted to LECOM Bradenton ! interviewed 2/16. Mr. Shively said I had until 3/26 to pay my deposit ...except I have not gotten my letter in the mail yet and I do not know how to pay the deposit. Anyone know if I can go ahead and pay my deposit even though I have not gotten my official letter ?
Yes you can. As long as you have a confirmed acceptance (which you got from Mr. Shively), there’s no reason you need to wait for the letter. Just address your cashiers or personal check to LECOM (completely spelled out of course, not the abbreviation) and send it to admissions. However, you do receive an agreement form to sign with the LOA but you can always send that in separately. It’s just a matter of if you mind sending in mail twice. You can PM me for more info if you want

Interviewed 3/9. Admission status changed today to " Your application is still under consideration by the Admissions Committee. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee." Guess that means I'm deferred or something. I still have hope though because I just saw earlier threads and people got acceptance way later after this status change.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see they're still doing interviews thank you! Do you mind revealing your stats? (Grad school exp..etc)
My pertinent stats should be in my signature :D
I'll add that I have 10k+ clinical work experience, a good narrative, but little volunteering.

Does anyone know if the April 14th event is worth going to? I know it's not mandatory, but will the information provided be new and useful?

Does anyone know how much a letter of intent can help getting off the alternate list at this school?

What exactly is the event?
Accepted Students on Campus Day. Here is what the email said about it “For incoming students, the day will include discussions and question-and-answer sessions with current students and faculty, an overview of student services, and lunch in the student lounge. Guests will attend separate seminars featuring presentations about LECOM, advice on helping students during their medical school years, and a tour of the facility.”

I would love to get to meet all my future classmates, but I don’t live near the area yet.

Does anyone know how much a letter of intent can help getting off the alternate list at this school?
I would call to see where you are, and send a letter. I called Ron Shively and verbally told him my intent on attending and asked about my status and he told me where I stood on their list because he also mentioned it being good that I expressed my intent.

Does anyone know if the April 14th event is worth going to? I know it's not mandatory, but will the information provided be new and useful?

I am going to gather any information I can. Plus I'm bringing family so they may see the building and learn about the school. I'm also looking forward to meeting my classmates as well! Can't hurt to go.

Interviewed at bradenton last tuesday (3/20)...portal says It was a pleasure interviewing you at LECOM Bradenton. The Admissions Committee will make a final decision on your application within 30 days and notify you of the decision. I was told that letters would be sen out monday (3/26). is there anyone who has had this portal status?

Just got an II for 4/06 at Bradenton campus. Does anyone know if they still have open seats, or if they are just filling the waitlist now?

Just got an II for 4/06 at Bradenton campus. Does anyone know if they still have open seats, or if they are just filling the waitlist now?
At my interview in February, they said they can’t outright accept but that they can give you a ranked waitlist spot. The ranked waitlist spot gets priority over their alternate list.

At my interview in February, they said they can’t outright accept but that they can give you a ranked waitlist spot. The ranked waitlist spot gets priority over their alternate list.
I wonder if it’s even worth going then. I don’t have any acceptances right now, so I realize I can’t be picky.... at the same time though, I don’t really have the money to shell out for a trip if my chances of getting in are extremely slim... Does the waitlist typically experience a lot of movement? I don’t really excel at group interviews, so if anything I’d probably be looking at a normal waitlist seat, not a ranked one....