2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
also does anyone know if the waitlist is accepted time based or merit based?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put on the alternate list. Info session 12/3.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Info session 12/3. Portal reads: "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

I guess I'm waiting for a physical letter in the mail?

Info session 12/3. Portal reads: "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

I guess I'm waiting for a physical letter in the mail?
It should change to something like “the admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive a letter via mail in the next 14 days” from what I’ve seen! Hoping for a portal change this week

Reactions: 1 user
It should change to something like “the admissions committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive a letter via mail in the next 14 days” from what I’ve seen! Hoping for a portal change this week
Same here, fingers crossed! Thanks for the info!

Got the alternate acceptance today. Anybody have any idea how likely an A comes after that?

• Care
Got the alternate acceptance today. Anybody have any idea how likely an A comes after that?
Based on last years thread, someone did call the admissions office so maybe in a few weeks, we can get an idea

hello! if anyone is accepted and attending lecom-b this fall, feel free to join the groupme.

You're invited to my new group 'Class of 2026 Bradenton DOs' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I was accepted in the fall under the LDP pathway, but now I'm considering the DSP pathway. Can anyone in this pathway currently (or knows more about it) allow me to talk with them about it? Thanks so much.

Still waiting for a portal change. Does anyone know if there's been any communication as far as acceptances/rejections for mid-november/december info sessions?

Still waiting for a portal change. Does anyone know if there's been any communication as far as acceptances/rejections for mid-november/december info sessions?
Same here, my guess is that they're running behind deadline, but I'm hoping for some update this week. My info session was 12/3.

Can anyone here talk about their group interview experience?
Never did a group interview, just the one-way recorded interview and info session several months after (II: 07/30, info session 12/03). The interview is just speaking to a camera and questions are picked randomly from each topic. Info session was actually good, I would suggest thinking of some questions you may have for faculty and students. You're also not required to do anything other than be present during the zoom meeting and listen. Good luck!

Alternate status email received a couple of days ago. I will be declining it since I have an A at a preferred school, so best of luck to you all!

Is this program as toxic as what the rumors suggest? Can any current student weigh in on all of LECOM's "rules" that are floating around Reddit and SDN?

I know I'm late to the party here, but I have a question regarding letters of recommendation that someone may be able to help me with.

I've been out of school for several years now, and I frankly do not know any DOs well enough to get a genuine recommendation from them. I could find a DO to shadow, but they won't know me well in such a short amount of time. Has anyone else run into this issue?

I know I'm late to the party here, but I have a question regarding letters of recommendation that someone may be able to help me with.

I've been out of school for several years now, and I frankly do not know any DOs well enough to get a genuine recommendation from them. I could find a DO to shadow, but they won't know me well in such a short amount of time. Has anyone else run into this issue?
I felt like I cheated the system a bit because my parents were friends with 2 DOs (lived in their neighborhood - one was retired). They set up a time for me to meet them, I talked to each for about an hour, and they were more than happy to write a LOR. Most DOs are very friendly and willing, but often times it's the ones that are family-friends versus one you might shadow who would feel like they're being "used." Not sure if that helps!

Hi everyone. Just wondering what the secondary app consisted of? I applied in January ( I know I know) and I just got an email asking for my ACT/SAT scores. Was this the secondary? lol

II received, submitted 10/12/21. I'll be declining this interview, hopefully one of yall get it

Does anyone know anything about the academic scholarships LECOM offers? Like how much they are?

How long does it take to receive a decision post interview? I interviewed a few weeks ago and haven't heard back.

How long does it take to receive a decision post interview? I interviewed a few weeks ago and haven't heard back.
I've been waiting since November 19th if that makes you feel better... they told me I'd hear in mid-Jan. From my understanding, after the info session your portal will change under the "admissions status" tab, then they will send you a letter in the mail with the final decision. Unless you are waitlisted, in which case you will get an email.

I've been waiting since November 19th if that makes you feel better... they told me I'd hear in mid-Jan. From my understanding, after the info session your portal will change under the "admissions status" tab, then they will send you a letter in the mail with the final decision. Unless you are waitlisted, in which case you will get an email.
Wow that's a long wait! I hope you hear back from them soon!

Does anyone know if there has been waitlist movement yet? And if so, how they notify those who get accepted off the waitlist?

Has anyone received an official R pre-II? or does this school just stay silent until you take the hint?

I was wondering the same thing, anyone have insight on this?
I interviewed in November and still haven’t hear back if accepted or rejected, so I doubt there’s waitlist movement yet unless they figure they don’t want anyone they interviewed since then? Probably depends on whether already accepted people withdraw their spot too.

Has anyone else still not heard back from the November 5th information session?

Hello everyone, good morning. I have to complete the virtual interview by April 1st. Does anyone have advice on preparing for the virtual interview recording? What was your approach to practicing?

Hello everyone, good morning. I have to complete the virtual interview by April 1st. Does anyone have advice on preparing for the virtual interview recording? What was your approach to practicing?
Good morning! I used the SDN questions to prepare and mine were similar to those but not exact! I think that is the best way to prepare and of course read over your personal statement/application beforehand.

Reactions: 1 users
got the alternate acceptance today. Really bummed but hoping for an A from other schools!

• Care