2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine still hasn't updated... now I am panicking!! Did you have the folder dropdown option for Bradenton?
I had the folder drop down with all Xs. End of the day, like music-med said, if it’s a rejection or interview we will eventually find out. All in all, we will be doctors. Whether it be at this school or another :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I had the folder drop down with all Xs
Wow, so it looks like there isn't any rhyme or reason to try and distinguish an answer before receiving an email since we all had the same status and folder dropdown

Reactions: 2 users
Wow, so it looks like there isn't any rhyme or reason to try and distinguish an answer before receiving an email since we all had the same status and folder dropdown
Yup. My thoughts exactly. Time will tell

Reactions: 1 users
I will say, the section where it says interview on my portal has disappeared…

Anyone else just get a masters program recommendation from this school

any more updates? i’m still at the same status message

No updates for me either! I want to believe is a good thing...

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected a few weeks ago. Weird bc I got an interview to Erie almost immediately, but whatever, not sweating it. But then yesterday they sent me an email encouraging me to apply to their pharmacy or podiatry school. Like nothing against those professions but that's not what I want to do. I already have four acceptances to other programs, I don't think I'm at the point where I need to consider a career change. I know they probably send it to all rejected applicants, and I know I'm probably reading too far into it, but like jeez that rubbed me the wrong way lol

Anyone have any updates? I am still at the same status

My status has been "Your application is under review" since August, have not heard a word from admissions, not sure what to make of it.

has anyone who interviewed in mid-November heard back yet? my application status has been "file is under review post-interview" since then and I don't know what to make of it. I'm thinking decisions might be back-logged because of the holidays but I hope it turns out well for everyone

Anyone have any updates? I am still at the same status
I think we might hear something today hopefully! According to previous posts the have been sending updates on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I have the following message :The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

What does that mean?

I have the following message :The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

What does that mean?
Could mean anything

What does that mean?
Have you already interviewed?

Has anyone reached out to the school via email and received a response? I emailed admissions last month and no one responded

Received acceptance via email.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
This wait is eating me alive... I check my portal every 10 minutes hoping it changes

I'm withdrawing my acceptance from this school, hopefully it goes to one of you instead! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone who goes to this school, or has been accepted, know if this school offers recorded lectures (or any videos) to supplement the learning of the underlying principles that PBL is supposed to cover? That is, are there videos to reference for the first two years of medical school? Or is this truly a hard “no lecture” of any kind school? I am weighing an acceptance to this school; however, my impression is that this school essentially gives you a bunch of books and tells you to learn medicine on your own. Would that be a valid (or semi-valid) assessment? I would love to get to yes, because I like the PBL modality—but I understand the value of some structure. Even just something to reference other than a big pile of books and “uninvolved” monitor at PBL sessions. Any insight/guidance would be awesome.

Does anyone who goes to this school, or has been accepted, know if this school offers recorded lectures (or any videos) to supplement the learning of the underlying principles that PBL is supposed to cover? That is, are there videos to reference for the first two years of medical school? Or is this truly a hard “no lecture” of any kind school? I am weighing an acceptance to this school; however, my impression is that this school essentially gives you a bunch of books and tells you to learn medicine on your own. Would that be a valid (or semi-valid) assessment? I would love to get to yes, because I like the PBL modality—but I understand the value of some structure. Even just something to reference other than a big pile of books and “uninvolved” monitor at PBL sessions. Any insight/guidance would be awesome.
There are no lecture videos

my portal just changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." and I have not interviewed yet. Does this pretty much mean rejection?