2018-2019 Marshall University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also OOS — interviewing this Saturday. They have dates the rest of this month so keep hope alive!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II this week! Dates for this month available. Really excited about this one.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you recall the other dates? I'm really hoping for one here soon!

Up to the last weekend of the month, if I recall correctly.

They interview every Saturday, I believe, but only give you a couple options.

Up to the last weekend of the month, if I recall correctly.

They interview every Saturday, I believe, but only give you a couple options.

Yeah I was sent all the Saturdays of January, and pretty sure that’s it aka none in February. They said most admission decisions are made by mid February, with the bulk of OOS on the waitlist getting accepted in April/may

Got a II a couple days ago! OOS applicant. Interviewing this Saturday (1/19)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! To those of you who just interviewed this month, did the school give any indication as to how many OOS students were being interviewed? I am interviewing on 01/26 also OOS. I saw the email that approximately 10-15 OOS would be accepted, but I am curious how many interview for those limited spots.

Hi! To those of you who just interviewed this month, did the school give any indication as to how many OOS students were being interviewed? I am interviewing on 01/26 also OOS. I saw the email that approximately 10-15 OOS would be accepted, but I am curious how many interview for those limited spots.
65 OOS students are offered interviews from what they told us

10-15 OOS will ultimately matriculate; many more will be accepted. 65 OOS interviewees sounds about right though, from what I remember. Check the latest MSAR to be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of state, got waitlisted today. The email from Cindy Warren stated that the class is full already

I called Cindy Warren last Wednesday as I was surprised to hear so quickly. As I understand from what she said and what was discussed when I interviewed for OOS students that have just been waitlisted we were voted to be accepted per their voting process. As the email read, the class is full at the moment. The expectation is that at some point some IS students will decline these acceptances and as they do the spots will be given to the group of waitlisted students. It was unclear to me if even a few OOS were immediately accepted outright, but the number she quoted me at was 17 students were voted to be accepted and therefore waitlisted. All other OOS were not declined as of yet. Some files may not have been read and the others were given a "no decision" and will be re-voted on at a later meeting to either be declined or put into the waitlist pool. Each time a spot is available the committee will completely review files and select a student for the spot. According to her there is no official order to the waitlist, but I have to imagine there is some type of order or the reviewing process would be so long every time a spot opens up.

Also, according to the last few years of data they have had between 10 OOS in a class and up to (Cindy admitted this was very high) 28. Obviously, if we are on the side of 28 those on the waitlist are in great shape, but at worst many on the current waitlist can still expect to hear an acceptance at some point. IS students have until April 30th to officially accept or decline the acceptance.

Last edited:
I called Cindy Warren last Wednesday as I was surprised to hear so quickly. As I understand from what she said and what was discussed when I interviewed for OOS students that have just been waitlisted we were voted to be accepted per their voting process. As the email read, the class is full at the moment. The expectation is that at some point some IS students will decline these acceptances and as they do the spots will be given to the group of waitlisted students. It was unclear to me if even a few OOS were immediately accepted outright, but the number she quoted me at was 17 students were voted to be accepted and therefore waitlisted. All other OOS were not declined as of yet. Some files may not have been read and the others were given a "no decision" and will be re-voted on at a later meeting to either be declined or put into the waitlist pool. Each time a spot is available the committee will completely review files and select a student for the spot. According to her there is no official order to the waitlist, but I have to imagine there is some type of order or the reviewing process would be so long every time a spot opens up.

Also, according to the last few years of data they have had between 10 OOS in a class and up to (Cindy admitted this was very high) 28. Obviously, if we are on the side of 28 those on the waitlist are in great shape, but at worst many on the current waitlist can still expect to hear an acceptance at some point. IS students have until April 30th to officially accept or decline the acceptance.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!

Another IS student here also withdrawing my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone waiting!

I am trying to figure this out as well. I have not heard anything so far.

Crickets here, as well.

Three of us makes a pretty good sample size. ... lol. LSeems reasonable to guess they haven't made any decisions, yet.

I wonder if they will wait till April 30 to finally call someone on the waitlist.

Withdrew my in-state spot and scholarship last week! Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Any OOS applicants hear anything else? I believe Marshall said some students will hear back in mid March.

I was considering calling to see if there was any time frame OOS applicants would start to hear by.

I was considering calling to see if there was any time frame OOS applicants would start to hear by.
If you do, post what you hear. Also, I believe that they have accepted at least 1-2 OOS students already by looking at the Facebook group.

If you do, post what you hear. Also, I believe that they have accepted at least 1-2 OOS students already by looking at the Facebook group.
From what Cindy Warren told me, we likely wont hear back until May

Reactions: 1 users
Just letting you all know, I received the acceptance call yesterday around 3:45 pm! I am OOS.

Hoping you all hear some good news this week too.