2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II today without doing the secondary. The video part of it turned me off so I am glad I didn't waste my time doing that but still happy for the II! Scheduled for March 11th! Hopefully I will have been accepted to schools higher on my list by then to free up spots for you all. Anywho, good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an II today without doing the secondary. The video part of it turned me off so I am glad I didn't waste my time doing that but still happy for the II! Scheduled for March 11th! Hopefully I will have been accepted to schools higher on my list by then to free up spots for you all. Anywho, good luck to everyone!

Congrats!

Stats?

URM?

IS or OOS?

Congrats! Btw when did you submit your primary app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I'm really starting to think I shouldn't have completed the secondary application, then maybe I would have gotten an II? :dead:

Reactions: 8 users
Does this school have major yeild protection? I have activities geared to underserved populations, specifically low income minorities. LM 67. Any URM get an II here with similar or high LM?

Man I'm really starting to think I shouldn't have completed the secondary application, then maybe I would have gotten an II? :dead:

Same! I haven’t even received a complete email

Has anyone ever called the admissions office?

Has anyone ever called the admissions office?
Very hard to get in touch with. One thing I did was call another department and get transferred to admissions, someone actually picked up that way

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Very hard to get in touch with. One thing I did was call another department and get transferred to admissions, someone actually picked up that way
I'm wondering why it's so hard to reach them? Did they provide you with an update right away?

I'm wondering why it's so hard to reach them? Did they provide you with an update right away?
Not sure, but I was offered an interview a few days after asking for an update cause I never got a complete email.
Did anyone who was accepted receive a call from a med student?
Can you pm me the #? I got a call from a random around the time you posted

Called the office and they said they don't give status updates over the phone. I submitted my secondary in October and still haven't received a complete "under review" email

Reactions: 2 users
Complete email in early October. Nothing since then.

Hey guys! I’ve been creeping on this thread for a while without actually posting anything and finally decided to make an account and share my experience. Idk why I waited so long... lol sorry

I finished my primary application early August. It was processed by early September and I received a secondary application invitation that same day. I was still taking classes so I was slacking on secondaries and only doing 2-3 a month. I received an interview invitation late October without even starting my secondary application. I originally thought they made a mistake bc none of my friends had that happen to them. Anyway lol I chose Dec 10th as my interview date since my classes were done by the 4th and I could’ve used the trip as a mini vacation. I also figured if it was a mistake that it was enough time for them to catch it. Again nothing on the school or anything I was just genuinely shook lol since no one I spoke to had a similar experience.

Interview day wasn’t super stressful. I think the staff and students did a great job at calming our nerves. For the interviews, we spoke with 3 different people. The first one was about 30 minutes long and it was a formal/traditional interview. The other two were mini interviews and it was about 10 minutes each. Afterwards we ate and talked to current students and then finished the day with a tour of the school.

I received my acceptance letter a week later on the 17th. There is a $100 refundable (until Apr 30th) fee to hold your seat and you have 10 business days to pay it. It is my first and only acceptance. I’m still waiting on other schools. I’ve been rejected to about three and was waitlisted for an interview for one.

I really think they are trying their best to reach out to the applicants in a timely manner. I know it sucks from this end but keep in mind that a slow response rate is good because imo it means that they are looking beyond the numbers and actually taking time to read your personal statement and other responses. That being said I applied with a 3.98 GPA and a 501 MCAT which I think also shows that they are taking into consideration the whole application since that’s a crappy score lol.

What time was your interview day over at? Does anyone know what time it typically ends at?

Received an II here on February 1st. I must have skipped over it in my email because I just now noticed it, but I declined the invitation as I have been accepted to schools higher on my list. Dates to interview were as late as March 25. I was complete mid-August I believe, OOS, URM.

So it ended at 2pm for real? Not 2pm CP time?
Nope. 2 pm central, not 2 pm CP time. And I feel like if anyone doesn't know what CP time is, they shouldn't apply to Meharry lol.

Can we get a refund of the enrollment deposit if we decide to enroll at another school?

So I called admissions because I still didn’t receive a complete email and was able to get into touch with someone. They weren’t able to tell me that day if my file was complete because no one could access my info since someone was out of the office. However someone in admissions did call me back today and let me know that they checked and my file is complete and under review. They also told me that Meharry is still currently handing out interview invites.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the MMI portion? I am freaking out about it.

Anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the MMI portion? I am freaking out about it.
You might or might not have it. My interview didn't. So prepare, but don't get flustered if you don't have it

You might or might not have it. My interview didn't. So prepare, but don't get flustered if you don't have it
Thank you! I am just surprised about it because I just found out and they only said 1 one-one interview in their email.

Thank you! I am just surprised about it because I just found out and they only said 1 one-one interview in their email.
Yeah, the only evidence of mmi from them is from what I've read on here

Yeah, the only evidence of mmi from them is from what I've read on here
I called and asked them and they told me I may or may not have it. If they have both traditional and MMI, shouldn't all candidate have the same experience?

Have any acceptees sent their updated transcript? If so what address did you guys use?

I called and asked them and they told me I may or may not have it. If they have both traditional and MMI, shouldn't all candidate have the same experience?
That's a good point, I'm not sure why

Pulled my interview invite, hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
If you're still waiting on an interview, don't lose hope. Received one today.

Reactions: 11 users
I have this same question.
I called them and they gave me this address:
ATT: SCHOOL OF MEDICINE ADMISSIONS OFFICE
AT MEHARRY MEDICAL COLLEGE.
  • 1011 21ST AVE N.
  • (CAL TURNER FAMILY CENTER)
  • NASHVILLE
    TENNESSEE
    USA

Reactions: 1 users
If you're still waiting on an interview, don't lose hope. Received one today.
Congrats on your II! Can you tell me when your app was complete? And did you submit a secondary application? Thanks so much!

Congrats on your II! Can you tell me when your app was complete? And did you submit a secondary application? Thanks so much!

Thank you!
Complete 9/26
Yes, I did submit a secondary

Last edited: