2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I've been recently accepted and am looking for an apartment either on-campus or off-campus (yet still close by), PM me if you're looking for a roommate :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey I've been recently accepted and am looking for an apartment either on-campus or off-campus (yet still close by), PM me if you're looking for a roommate :)
I was accepted yesterday as well! Did you interview on 03/11?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you admitted recently, what were your stats? and when do you complete secondary? I have received my January MCAT score recently and I've no II yet. I'm trying to figure out if there is still hope.

For those of you admitted recently, what were your stats? and when do you complete secondary? I have received my January MCAT score recently and I've no II yet. I'm trying to figure out if there is still hope.
secondary completed 09/27
II 02/13, interview done 03/11
GPA 3.94
MCAT 509

Reactions: 2 users
secondary completed 09/27
II 02/13, interview done 03/11
GPA 3.94
MCAT 509

Your GPA and MCAT are really good. Are you planning on attending at Meharry? and have you been accepted to other schools?

Hi guys! Does anyone know if they reject pre-II as they review apps or do they send out all rejections at once at the end of the cycle? It's been radio silence for me...

Apparently they send out rejections throughout the cycle.

Anyone know what documentation Canadian students need to have to study in a US school?

So I just noticed I don’t have a ‘view checklist’ tab on my portal which it says in the emails to check to make sure everything has been received..... is this a problem?

So I just noticed I don’t have a ‘view checklist’ tab on my portal which it says in the emails to check to make sure everything has been received..... is this a problem?

I think that will be on the new portal. I got an email saying that we'll receive more info on the new portal in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an official pre-II R at around 10:30p :( ironically enough, I was curious and decided to check the portal to see if I could see anything and the email came shortly after that. Not sure if there’s a coincidence there

Has anyone found their match list?

No but if you go on Instagram and search the hashtag MeharryMade people posted where and what they matched into. So far I’ve seen Yale, Johns Hopkins, Emory, Vanderbilt, Brigham and Women’s, and Boston university. There are a bunch more as you go through the hashtag

General surgery
Internal medicine
Peds
Psych.
Emergency medicine

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to hear that. What were your stats ?
3.6 cumulative undergrad, 3.2 science, and 3.8 biomedical masters. 495 mcat.
My masters has a guaranteed acceptanced into VCOM.
If i did not do this program, i would have had to sit out for aother year.

They do not publicly post their Match results, nor let the current students have access to them in any way. The only way to see their Match results is to attend their Match ceremony and create your own document.
Has anyone found their match list?

They do not publicly post their Match results, nor let the current students have access to them in any way. The only way to see their Match results is to attend their Match ceremony and create your own document.

That’s weird

Anyone know what documentation Canadian students need to have to study in a US school?
Congrats on getting accepted! I am also a Canadian with similar stats as you, although my MCAT is a bit lower actually. Are you URM or ORM? I know that Meharry has accepted Canadians in the past but I am not sure whether they prefer Canadian candidates with some ties to African-American community or they just look for higher stats?

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or group for those who have been accepted?

Congrats on getting accepted! I am also a Canadian with similar stats as you, although my MCAT is a bit lower actually. Are you URM or ORM? I know that Meharry has accepted Canadians in the past but I am not sure whether they prefer Canadian candidates with some ties to African-American community or they just look for higher stats?

Thank you! They definitely want to educate URM students but I feel as a Canadian stats matter significantly when applying to US med schools.

Congratulations! Could you please share your stats? I'm applying to Meharry this upcoming cycle. Thanks! :)
Thank you! 3.5, 499, great personal statement/story, a lot of health care experience and extracurricular activities. Probably the strongest part of my app.

I was just invited to their masters program ( rejected last week). Does anyone know how effective the program is.?

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an email today for invitation to the MHS program... can anyone shed anymore insight on this program? I've already done a post-bacc, but I'm not sure if graduates of the program have a high matriculation rate into their med school class and if it would be beneficial in that case. Thank you for any help.

I just received an email today for invitation to the MHS program... can anyone shed anymore insight on this program? I've already done a post-bacc, but I'm not sure if graduates of the program have a high matriculation rate into their med school class and if it would be beneficial in that case. Thank you for any help.

Did you get an II? I’m trying to see if you only get invited to the masters program if you got interviewed.

I just got an invite too and I ended up not even applying to Med school this cycle.