2018-2019 Stony Brook University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They told my interview group that it would take on average 6 weeks to hear back post interview.... just a heads up for y’all

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected IS. Completed beginning of October. This schools has a preference for OOS students. Must be the OOS tuition.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected today. Congrats to all who got accepted and good luck to the rest!

Rejected yesterday, IS, LM ~66, complete 7/24. Was expecting this one but had a little hope. Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

Hi. Anyone know the policy on submitting updates? Thanks

I read somewhere that Stony Brook's OOS post-interview acceptance % is 86% - does anyone know if this is actually true?

From what I saw at the interview, the overall post II acceptance rate was around 55%. I would expect that to be the same between out of state and in state applicants, if not slightly higher for in state applicants.

According to this: Updated Interview Info Spreadsheet (August 2018)

You are right that the overall post II acceptance rate is around 56%. But for OOS applicants, it’s 86%

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess so...They are my number 1 choice at the moment...I hear back from them iin 3 weeks. Hoping for the best!
Same, this school is currently my number 1 and I should hear back in 3 weeks as well. I’m OOS, so if those statistics are true, I’ll be extremely sad if I get rejected lol

I think it is this way because they are much more selective in giving out interviews to OOS than to IS.

I’ll take a more pessimistic route and say it the OOS tuition that they can charge for matriculating students.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone completed in September been rejected as of yet?

Rejected, oos, complete 7/31

After the interview is scheduled, how long after did they send the interview day time and plan for the day?

Anyone receive an II recently and if so around what date are you interviewing? curious if this is just a quieter thread or if stony is actually giving out interviews more slowly

Anyone receive an II recently and if so around what date are you interviewing? curious if this is just a quieter thread or if stony is actually giving out interviews more slowly

just got II this morning! had to email to schedule the date so not sure when yet.

For anyone who's had an interview here already - around what time does the interview day end at?

For anyone who's had an interview here already - around what time does the interview day end at?

If you have both interviews in the morning you are done at 2pm. If you have interviews in the afternoon, then you'll be done later (I was done around 3pm). They'll let you know your schedule ahead of time.

Ouch, just got that big fat R from them today. Secondary submitted 08/20, 3.81/510 (131/123/128/128) OOS. Good luck to the rest of y'all!!!!!

Can anyone who has already interviewed here please comment on how long the day was? The II-invite email lacks details and I just want to plan an efficient trip. Thank you in advance!

Can anyone who has already interviewed here please comment on how long the day was? The II-invite email lacks details and I just want to plan an efficient trip. Thank you in advance!
Hello,

plan to be at the school until 2-3 pm. It depends on the schedules of the interviewers you have and when exactly they can meet you.

Got accepted! OOS and interviewed 5-6 weeks ago.

Reactions: 3 users
First acceptance for me too! IS, interviewed 4 weeks ago. Good luck to everyone - sending positive vibes your way!

Accepted today!!! IS, interviewed 4 weeks ago! Incredibly excited, as it’s my top choice school ✨❤️ Sending positive vibes and good luck to everyone here!

Reactions: 1 users
Is it just me or is it funky for Stony Brook to request an intent to enroll by mid-Nov to secure a seat? Seems way too early for that to be meaningful. I inquired and was told it's non-binding, but it seems disingenuous to write such a note when I'm not actually sure yet.

Is it just me or is it funky for Stony Brook to request an intent to enroll by mid-Nov to secure a seat? Seems way too early for that to be meaningful. I inquired and was told it's non-binding, but it just seems weird.
where did you see that? the option to "plan to enroll" is not even available as per AAMC until Feb 19

where did you see that? the option to "plan to enroll" is not even available as per AAMC until Feb 19

It's requested in my admission offer letter: "If you wish to secure your place in this class, please send us the following by November 12, 2018: 1) An email stating your intention to enroll at Stony Brook University School of Medicine. 2) A signed Technical Standards Certification Form..."

It's requested in my admission offer letter: "If you wish to secure your place in this class, please send us the following by November 12, 2018: 1) An email stating your intention to enroll at Stony Brook University School of Medicine. 2) A signed Technical Standards Certification Form..."
that's a little ridiculous honestly. at least it's non-binding....but feel like that's almost against the AAMC traffic rules...

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone want to chime in on why they love Stony Brook and some unique things about it?

II on 10/31. I'm sick, so I didn't post. LM 70. Complete 7/30

Reactions: 1 users