2018-2019 Stony Brook University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! What days are available?
Thank you! Interviews are on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and earliest available day was 01/10... They don't give you days to choose from but instead you tell them what days you're available

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had luck with ITA emails? I sent one over the weekend for the week of January 10th and they seem to be giving out interviews for that week today

Anyone know if people who are accepted tend to hear back sooner? Based off last years thread it looks like some people heard back as early as 2-3 weeks when they were accepted

Interviewed in early December and was wondering how much they adhere to their 6 week promise? I.e. I imagine they review candidates in groups post interview, and if some candidates interviewed close to when the AdCom meets, then in theory they should be hearing back earlier than 6 weeks? Or is this like a strict rule? Just curious :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in early December and was wondering how much they adhere to their 6 week promise? I.e. I imagine they review candidates in groups post interview, and if some candidates interviewed close to when the AdCom meets, then in theory they should be hearing back earlier than 6 weeks? Or is this like a strict rule? Just curious :)

Also interviewed in early december but honestly wouldn't keep my hopes up for earlier than 6 weeks, especially with the holiday season, you know?

It’s going to vary since some people heard back in 2-3 weeks, others take longer than 6. I would imagine that the next released set of decisions would be comprised of most November interviewees with maybe a few December interviewees in between.

Hey! How long is the interview day here? I can't find much information but want to make travel plans. Thanks!

Hey! How long is the interview day here? I can't find much information but want to make travel plans. Thanks!

It depends on the times of your interviews. you should get an email about a week or so before your interview day. In my case, I wrapped up by two or so, and just took the next LIRR for New York. Some people had interviews scheduled after two I believe. Also, my day started early in the morning so I opted to sleep in a nearby hotel the day before

I heard back in 4.5 weeks and was very surprised it didnt take the full 6 weeks since thanksgiving was in that span of time

Depending on when your first interview is scheduled for. I had both my interviews before the lunch time which was at 12 pm. from 12-1:30 theres a lunch, tour, and admissions talk...some people had interviews after that but some people were able to leave right after that

has anyone else been complete since late july - early august OOS and heard nothing? bad or bad sign? lol

ACCEPTEDDDD !!!! Received email this morning. Interviewed 12/4, so excited big things happening here.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!! Interviewed 12/6. LM 70, IS, over the moon stoked!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those who were accepted! I also interviewed in early December but didn’t hear back - I feel that can’t be good :(

I could be completely wrong here but it seems like people who were accepted hear back a little sooner vs. waitlisted hears back around the 6-8 weeks mark. Has anyone been accepted after waiting the full amount of time?

I could be completely wrong here but it seems like people who were accepted hear back a little sooner vs. waitlisted hears back around the 6-8 weeks mark. Has anyone been accepted after waiting the full amount of time?
I was accepted after 6 weeks (interviewed in mid-September)

Accepted! Interviewed 2 weeks ago! This school was awesome :)

Reactions: 1 users
I would call in and ask, but it should outline it in the acceptance letter. As far as my letter said, it just said C or above in any other prereqs I had left and I presumed that just applied to all other classes. With that said, I don't think stony would be super happy if you got all C's your final semester of college, but you never know unless you call and ask.
Thanks, yea I reviewed my acceptance letter and it just said satisfactory completion, was just wondering what satisfactory meant and if someone else asked already

Thanks, yea I reviewed my acceptance letter and it just said satisfactory completion, was just wondering what satisfactory meant and if someone else asked already

hey sorry if this is too forward.

i noticed in your sig that you had quite a successful cycle. my LizzyM is identical to yours but its looking like i'll have to reapply next year! would i be able to PM you to ask about what you think may have contributed so much to your success this cycle?

hey sorry if this is too forward.

i noticed in your sig that you had quite a successful cycle. my LizzyM is identical to yours but its looking like i'll have to reapply next year! would i be able to PM you to ask about what you think may have contributed so much to your success this cycle?
Sure

has anyone who interviewed in Late november after thanksgiving heard back yet? :'( Seems like it's not good news if december interview acceptances have been given

has anyone who interviewed in Late november after thanksgiving heard back yet? :'( Seems like it's not good news if december interview acceptances have been given
I wouldn't say that. I think it just means they did the late Nov and early Dec interviewees around the same committee meeting. Don't lose hope because others have had good news!

Don’t sweat it. People in past years waited several months before getting accepted (no waitlist either). Just have to wait and see.

I’m still waiting on results from my early November interview by the way.

Where is SB with interviews? Do they silent reject? Have they rejected anyone pre II yet?