2019-2020 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an offer today. I interviewed at Durham on Nov 15th. I think they are working on the Durham people now. I hope you guys get your offer soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Just accepted! Interviewed Durham 11/16. Good luck everyone ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed in Durham 11/15, good luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post but I couldn't find updates for Duke-NUS PhD Programmes; I don't know where else to post this. I hope it's alright.

I received an interview invitation via email on 5 Feb for their Applicant Day on 26 Feb. I'm not sure if they're sending more invites but I think one can call the admissions office. I applied for the IBM programme. Hope this helps those who applied to PhD programmes :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello. I’ve been silently following this thread. Submitted application end Jan. Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed! All the best everyone!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post but I couldn't find updates for Duke-NUS PhD Programmes; I don't know where else to post this. I hope it's alright.

I received an interview invitation via email on 5 Feb for their Applicant Day on 26 Feb. I'm not sure if they're sending more invites but I think one can call the admissions office. I applied for the IBM programme. Hope this helps those who applied to PhD programmes :)
hey man Congrats! did they also send you a details of the day? would the virus affect anything?

hey man Congrats! did they also send you a details of the day? would the virus affect anything?

Thanks! The email only stated the timing and a summary of what will happen throughout the day. So far, they didn't contact us if there are changes although they stated in the email to arrange an interview for another day if the applicant has been to China in the past 2 weeks.

Just accepted. Interviewed on Nov 16 at Durham. This waiting game was so painful, but my worry finally turned into joy! I hope you all stay positive! Good luck to everyone:)

Reactions: 11 users
I got an offer today, interviewed in Sep!

Reactions: 9 users
Hi all, I just got the rejection letter in the mailbox. All the best to the rest! May you get all the favours! :) God bless!

Congratulations for those who received an offer for the Duke-NUS class of 2024!

We have a Telegram and a Facebook group running for those accepted at the moment, drop me a PM if you'd like to connect :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted today
Interviewed 30 September

Reactions: 9 users
Received an acceptance on Monday! Interviewed on 11 Nov.

Reactions: 7 users
Hi all, I just got the rejection letter in the mailbox. All the best to the rest! May you get all the favours! :) God bless!

I am so sorry to hear that! Did the status in the portal website get updated too?

Congratulations on the acceptances everyone!

if i may ask, were any of you waitlisted before you got your offers?

Congratulations on the acceptances everyone!

if i may ask, were any of you waitlisted before you got your offers?
Great question! I submitted my application on August 31. Interviewed on September 30. Waitlisted on January 24 and received MD offer on February 10.
Hope this timeline helps.
Best wishes

Congrats! I got a mail on 11th for the same, I was actually hoping someone would mention PhD programmes as well since I was quite lost.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, did those who got accepted observe a change in 'status' via the portal? If so, what was it changed to? :)

Great question! I submitted my application on August 31. Interviewed on September 30. Waitlisted on January 24 and received MD offer on February 10.
Hope this timeline helps.
Best wishes
I got PhD rejection letter yesterday. They mentioned I could apply again in MD second year if interested.

Received an offer (MD-PhD) on 10th Feb. Interviewed in Durham on Nov 16.

Reactions: 2 users
May I ask when you were interviewed and waitlisted? I was interviewed on the 14th of Oct and informed about being waitlisted on the 24th of Jan, I am wondering if there is any timeline or batch wise acceptance for those on the waiting list that I should look out for.
I was also on the waitlist, was on there for a few weeks

May I ask when you were interviewed and waitlisted? I was interviewed on the 14th of Oct and informed about being waitlisted on the 24th of Jan, I am wondering if there is any timeline or batch wise acceptance for those on the waiting list that I should look out for.

My interview was on 30 Sep. Waitlisted in Jan, but I don’t remember the exact date, it may have been 24 Jan too? (I already deleted the email)

Sorry to hear that:(!!! Good luck to your other endeavors. All the best

Hi everyone,

has anyone some updates for the PhD-QBM (Quantitative Biology and Medicine) programme, especially how many people they accept (and maybe even the apply/accept rate)? Has anyone got an applicants day invitation yet?

sorry to post this here, but I could not find any other forum/site with updates or information for QBM. Hard to find any information...

Got my MD offer today, interviewed on 30th sep. Still waiting for the PhD component though.

Reactions: 5 users
Got my MD offer today, interviewed on 30th sep. Still waiting for the PhD component though.
Congratulations! We must have met. I was in the same applicant day! See you in July!

Hi, could I check if “under review” is only for those who have attended Applicants’ Day? Or do they switch to “under review” after you have submitted. I submitted my application in Jan and no status change so far ... :(

Hi, could I check if “under review” is only for those who have attended Applicants’ Day? Or do they switch to “under review” after you have submitted. I submitted my application in Jan and no status change so far ... :(
In my knowledge they change after applicant day.

In my knowledge they change after applicant day.

I think so too. It was "submitted," then changed to "under review" after the applicant day.

Hi all, I just got an interview invite for march, since I submitted my app pretty late.. I applied for MD PHD, and I was wondering if I got an interview invite, does that mean I am getting interviewed for both portions (MD AND PHD)?

Also for those of you who got accepted OR rejected to MD PHD program, do you mind sharing your stats (gpa, mcat score) and specify your status?

Thanks so much!

Hi all, I just got an interview invite for march, since I submitted my app pretty late.. I applied for MD PHD, and I was wondering if I got an interview invite, does that mean I am getting interviewed for both portions (MD AND PHD)?

Also for those of you who got accepted OR rejected to MD PHD program, do you mind sharing your stats (gpa, mcat score) and specify your status?

Thanks so much!

Hello, you are going to have four interviews on that day (2 for MD and 2 for Ph.D.).
It is a pretty long and tough day for you, good luck!

Thanks so much!
Hi!
My stats
GPA: 3.89
MCAT: 513
Extensive research experience- no publication.
Shadowing- 150 hours
Minimal volunteering experience.
Applied for MD PhD
MD offer made and accepted
PhD rejected - asked to apply in MD second year again.
Be yourself and things will work out for you. Don't rely on the stats too much. I believe there are more factors involved than simply the numbers.
Best wishes for the interview :thumbup:

Thank you! For those of you attending this school, are you all planning to practice in Singapore? Is this a bad option school if I want to eventually practice in the USA?

Hello! Any successful applicants mind sharing their stats and experiences during the interview? Thank you!! :)

Hi! I submitted my application on the last day of the deadline and submitted my MCAT score in Feb. My status was changed to "under review" after the committee acknowledged my MCAT email. However, I have not received any invitation to next week's applicant's day. How about you?

Hi! I submitted my application on the last day of the deadline and submitted my MCAT score in Feb. My status was changed to "under review" after the committee acknowledged my MCAT email. However, I have not received any invitation to next week's applicant's day. How about you?
Hi! I submitted on the same day as you and have received the invite for Mar interview last wed. The admission committee did mention that invites will be sent out 1-2 weeks before the interview when I asked in Jan though.

Hi! I submitted on the same day as you and have received the invite for Mar interview last wed. The admission committee did mention that invites will be sent out 1-2 weeks before the interview when I asked in Jan though.

Aaaah... thanks for your reply! Guess I gotta try again next year with a better MCAT score :) All the best to your interview :)

Aaaah... thanks for your reply! Guess I gotta try again next year with a better MCAT score :) All the best to your interview :)
Hey! I've received info that the 16 Mar applicant day would be done virtually online. And they mentioned that they might be having another applicant day in late Mar. Have hopes still! Good luck!

anyone from the Jan or Feb applicant days received any updates to their applications? Like waitlisted, accepted, or rejected? With the COVID situation I wonder how things will change since virtual interviews are never the same as in person..

anyone from the Jan or Feb applicant days received any updates to their applications? Like waitlisted, accepted, or rejected? With the COVID situation I wonder how things will change since virtual interviews are never the same as in person..
Anyone who received updates for Dec applicant day as well (waitlisted, accepted or rejected)? :) It's been quite a while.