2020-2021 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone attend LUCOM and has completed their first year? Please response if u would be willing to answer a couple questions I have!

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 user
@Jaywisher123
I'm a current first year, but I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Members don't see this ad :)
For any current student... how strict is the dress code? I'm reading the Student Handbook and it says no jeans or yoga pants. Is this at all times?

11.3.C. Dress Code Violations:
Students may not wear the following unless specified in the syllabus or required for laboratory experiences:
  • Shorts or cutoffs
  • Miniskirts
  • Jeans or denim of any type (except on designated “Jean Day”)
  • See-through clothing or halter tops
  • Sandals, flip-flops, crocs, or any open-toed shoe
  • T-shirts of any type may not be worn as the outer shirt
  • Jogging, yoga, or other exercise clothing
  • Inappropriately matched garments
  • Garments with any offensive, suggestive, obscene, or unprofessional statements or
    gestures
  • Hats, caps, or head coverings, other than religious cover, may not be worn in the
    classroom, laboratories, library, or other educational settings.

For any current student... how strict is the dress code? I'm reading the Student Handbook and it says no jeans or yoga pants. Is this at all times?

Students may not wear the following unless specified in the syllabus or required for laboratory experiences:
  • Shorts or cutoffs
  • Miniskirts
  • Garments with any offensive, suggestive, obscene, or unprofessional statements or
    gestures
  • Hats, caps, or head coverings, other than religious cover, may not be worn in the

Hey, I don't want to start anything but you are in this profession for a reason. START ACTING THE PART. START DRESSING THE PART. If anyone is concerned about not being able to wear jeans and yoga pants, this ain't the profession for them. Nothing against you, just my 2 cents.

• Dislike
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I don't want to start anything but you are in this profession for a reason. START ACTING THE PART. START DRESSING THE PART. If anyone is concerned about not being able to wear jeans and yoga pants, this ain't the profession for them. Nothing against you, just my 2 cents.
not to discount your opinion, but I resent the idea that physicians need to be de-humanized in this way. Physicians are humans, and it is a reasonable question for somebody to ask if they are not allowed to wear jeans or yoga pants while they're walking through campus or pulling an all-nighter in the library. While it may not be acceptable at this school in particular, it by no means indicates whether that person is fit for a career in medicine.

Reactions: 10 users

• Shorts or cutoffs
  • Miniskirts
    gestures

8-5 Monday through Friday. Labs can be any day of the week, so there are frequently students coming in and out of the building in scrubs, gym clothes, and business casual clothes, and if there are OSCE's or other professional events going on you'll see dressier attire such as full suits and/or white coats.

8-5 Monday through Friday is considered "business hours" at LUCOM, and therefore we are expected to dress business casual for any on-campus activities during this time unless otherwise specified. It's not difficult to adhere to the dress code and still be extremely comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interviewing this Friday! Best of luck to everyone else interviewing this week!

Reactions: 4 users
Just received II! First of the season :)

• Love
  • Care

• Shorts or cutoffs
  • Miniskirts
    gestures
Hey! 1st year here, so we cannot wear jeans or leggings during school hours. So I believe its 8am-5pm. After that I believe you can wear legging/jeans if you choose to. I'm not really bothered by this at all, the school just wants us to look professional.

Interview invite today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what provisional status means?
I was accepted last week with a provisional acceptance. Which means, once a spot becomes available I will be offered a spot for the 2021 fall cohort. If a spot does not come available I will be granted admission into the 2022 fall cohort. However, they said that they are 100% sure that a spot will open, it just depends on when (since their class is currently full). They also said that each year they completely exhaust the students on the provisional acceptance list :)

I was accepted last week with a provisional acceptance. Which means, once a spot becomes available I will be offered a spot for the 2021 fall cohort. If a spot does not come available I will be granted admission into the 2022 fall cohort. However, they said that they are 100% sure that a spot will open, it just depends on when (since their class is currently full). They also said that each year they completely exhaust the students on the provisional acceptance list :)
oh, thank you for the clarification! I had some confusion about that too! Either way, We WILL become doctors!! whoohoo!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
i meant pre interview provisional :cryi:.... lol
No the pre-interview provisional doesn't mean anything. I have had that status from the time I submitted my secondary back in early/mid August. I also called the admissions office, and they confirmed that the provisional status pre-II doesn't mean anything.

Hi guys, I was accepted earlier in the cycle and I love it at LUCOM. I have a quick question... does anybody know of any current or past students who completed M.Div along with the DO program? I'm interested in medical missions and wondered if any students get their M.Div as well

Last edited:
does anyone know if we can pay the deposit with electronic check? the only option that shows up for me is credit card

Hi guys, I was accepted earlier in the cycle and I love it at LUCOM. I have a quick question... does anybody know of any current or past students who completed M.Div along with the DO program? I'm interested in medical missions and wondered if any students get their M.Div as well

I’ve never heard of anyone doing this, and there is definitely not a program or track for it. The workload is pretty heavy just for the DO, I don’t know how you would fit the M. Div in with it.

Hey first ever post to SDN. I'm an accepted student at LUCOM and I was about to hop on a Black Friday deal for a new pc for next year. Then I realized that LUCOM gives you a computer and some programs as a one time ($1750) fee rolled into the tuition. Does anybody know what type of computer is given?

Hey first ever post to SDN. I'm an accepted student at LUCOM and I was about to hop on a Black Friday deal for a new pc for next year. Then I realized that LUCOM gives you a computer and some programs as a one time ($1750) fee rolled into the tuition. Does anybody know what type of computer is given?

The current class received Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 390s, the previous few classes received the prior version, the 380s. They’re 2-in-1s touchscreens. Some students choose to purchase a MacBook or iPad, or had one previously that they continue to use, however all exams must be taken on the school computers.

Just emailed asking for an update and they're offering me an interview! I should start emailing ALL schools who I haven't heard back from yet!!

• Love
Which address did you email if you don't mind? I sent an email to [email protected] for status earlier but they did not respond at all...

Just withdrew my acceptance, I hope it goes to one of you all!

Just released my acceptance here, hopefully one you grabs it. Good luck everyone!

Yes I'm a 3rd year, lmk if you have any questions!
Hi, I have a question. I’m not good at standardized tests and I think I’ll have to start studying for step/comlex before the 6 week designated study period. I’ve heard it’s not necessary by some but others say they studied before The 6 weeks. Knowing myself, I think I should. Is it possible at LUCOM? I’ve heard some schools make it harder for students to find time to prep. Would I have time outside of class work?

Hi, I have a question. I’m not good at standardized tests and I think I’ll have to start studying for step/comlex before the 6 week designated study period. I’ve heard it’s not necessary by some but others say they studied before The 6 weeks. Knowing myself, I think I should. Is it possible at LUCOM? I’ve heard some schools make it harder for students to find time to prep. Would I have time outside of class work?

Yes

Just to be sure, we can submit ON monday, the 14th, right? like if I submit in the afternoon of that day will it be okay?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Just to be sure, we can submit ON monday, the 14th, right? like if I submit in the afternoon of that day will it be okay?
Correct! It’s due ON the 14th by the end of the business day. I recommend submitting It first thing in the morning tho because It took awhile to show on my portal. They’ll have the record and you’ll have the receipt within minutes tho, so you should be fine!

Correct! It’s due ON the 14th by the end of the business day. I recommend submitting It first thing in the morning tho because It took awhile to show on my portal. They’ll have the record and you’ll have the receipt within minutes tho, so you should be fine!
It’s actually by 12pm est

Also just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck everyone :)

Does provisional status was offered through phone call?
Does it change any status in portal?

Does provisional status was offered through phone call?
Does it change any status in portal?
Yep. It's most likely Mr. Smith will make that call and the full acceptance later. So look out of the Virginia area code! And no, there's still a "lock" on my confirmation deposit tab.

Whew, just finished the fall semester today! If any of you have questions I’m free until Jan 4th.

• Love
Correction on my previous post. Mr. Ousley email my FULL ACCEPTANCE TODAY!!!!!!!! o_O o_O o_O

• Love
Do you guys know which email they send the acceptance to? It states that they send to Liberty email address. Is that the email that we provided or do we have an email in their system already?

Do you guys know which email they send the acceptance to? It states that they send to Liberty email address. Is that the email that we provided or do we have an email in their system already?
Your email address is what you use to login to their portal and how you scheduled your interview. They will email your acceptance to your regular email as well but it will take longer. My acceptance came first via a call

Your email address is what you use to login to their portal and how you scheduled your interview. They will email your acceptance to your regular email as well but it will take longer. My acceptance came first via a call
That's so weird. They did not call me for some reason. But I did login and saw that I have been accepted. Thank you for the reply :giggle:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users