2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is a random question but does anyone know if MCW has a gym that students can freely use? If so, what equipment and stuff does it have? I'd like to know if I can save $ on a gym membership for 4 years.
MCW does have a gym. I can tell you that it is currently only open to students due to COVID-19. They recently added 2 new Pelotons. As for weights, they have all the necessary things (Bumper plates, 3 squat racks, 1 bench press (can't remember if they have an incline bench press), a variety of dumbbells, a few weight machines). They also have a few treadmills and regular bikes. I would guess the whole fitness room is probably 1000 sqft? I believe most students do get a WAC (Wisconsin Athletic Club) member though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
MCW does have a gym. I can tell you that it is currently only open to students due to COVID-19. They recently added 2 new Pelotons. As for weights, they have all the necessary things (Bumper plates, 3 squat racks, 1 bench press (can't remember if they have an incline bench press), a variety of dumbbells, a few weight machines). They also have a few treadmills and regular bikes. I would guess the whole fitness room is probably 1000 sqft? I believe most students do get a WAC (Wisconsin Athletic Club) member though.
Ohhhh okay tysm this was helpful!

Has anyone received any need based scholarships today?

Members don't see this ad :)
i’m on the WL at MCW - Central Wisconsin. ugh i wish there was movement

Wait so classes actually start next month?! :oops:
The MKE campus orientation doesn't start til 8/9 with classes starting the following week. The regional campuses start orientation on 6/28 with classes starting on 7/6.

Reactions: 3 users
MANIFESTING FOR MY FELLOW WAITLISTERS THIS WEEK!!!

Reactions: 7 users
I definitely thought this was an MKE WL acceptance and my heart skipped a beat.
Haha sorry about that, trying to keep the energy high with the all caps :lol: but lets hope the next post in this thread is exactly that!

Reactions: 1 users
MANIFESTING FOR MY FELLOW WAITLISTERS THIS WEEK!!!
A friend of mine contacted the admissions office and was told that they are still working on post-WL decisions since we're still really close to the April 30th deadline. Specifically, they said that there is a "slim" chance that WL will be coming out this week, so I expect it will be next week or later.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
A friend of mine contacted the admissions office and was told that they are still working on post-WL decisions since we're still really close to the April 30th deadline. Specifically, they said that there is a "slim" chance that WL will be coming out this week, so I expect it will be next week or later.
any chance they told him how many spots they're looking to fill?

any chance they told him how many spots they're looking to fill?
No, but he also didn't ask. You could email to ask how big the WL is and how many spots they're looking to fill. Keep us updated if you do.

I'm looking to update MCW about my new activities/awards. Do I upload them on a word doc onto the portal or do I also have to email the school to let them know that I added something to the portal?
They will automatically be notified when you upload something to the portal and you do not need to email them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on the WL heard anything?
They said there is only a "slim" chance of any movement this week, but it does sound like there will be some WL movement.

did anyone get their MCW email yet? how are they sending them out? to our current email address?

did anyone get their MCW email yet? how are they sending them out? to our current email address?
I have not received one - in the email they sent today, it says they will begin creating them next week!

Any starcraft 2 players lurking around? :cool:

about to just cry and plan on going to my DO school.. MCW- CW, come onnn. 😩

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Have people who completed the institutional aid form in March heard back yet re:scholarships?

1620679979648.png

My fantasy is that I get an acceptance off the waitlist right in the middle of my premed committee interview for my reapplication. A guy can dream...

Last edited:
I just received an email that MCWGB has filled their class 🙃

I guess this means it is time to start reapplying 😭😭

• Care
  • Wow
Just got this email...

"Hello XXXXXXXX,

I’m emailing to give you a brief update on the status of our incoming class and waitlist. At this time, we have extended offers to a small number of waitlisted applicants. As some offers are still pending and our "Commit to Enroll" deadline is July 19, there is still a possibility we will extend additional offers until the incoming class is full. We will do our best to keep you updated as changes occur.

If you’ve made other plans and are no longer interested in MCW, please contact us to withdraw your application. We appreciate knowing so the Admissions Committee can focus their review on those who are still interested.

Thanks for your time, and please let us know if you have any questions about the process. We appreciate your time and patience.

Have a great week!

Alexis

--

Alexis C. Meyer, M.A.
Director of Recruitment and Admissions, MCW Medical School

8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
414-955-8246 (phone)*
414-955-0121 (fax)
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Website | Twitter | Facebook"

RIP. Time to give up hope I guess. See y'all next year

• Care
Just got this email...

"Hello XXXXXXXX,

I’m emailing to give you a brief update on the status of our incoming class and waitlist. At this time, we have extended offers to a small number of waitlisted applicants. As some offers are still pending and our "Commit to Enroll" deadline is July 19, there is still a possibility we will extend additional offers until the incoming class is full. We will do our best to keep you updated as changes occur.

If you’ve made other plans and are no longer interested in MCW, please contact us to withdraw your application. We appreciate knowing so the Admissions Committee can focus their review on those who are still interested.

Thanks for your time, and please let us know if you have any questions about the process. We appreciate your time and patience.

Have a great week!

Alexis

--

Alexis C. Meyer, M.A.
Director of Recruitment and Admissions, MCW Medical School

8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
414-955-8246 (phone)*
414-955-0121 (fax)
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Website | Twitter | Facebook"

Got the same email and honestly I am kind of confused--is the class full right now or no?

Got the same email and honestly I am kind of confused--is the class full right now or no?
I would assume not at the Milwaukee campus. This is from the email I received for the Green Bay campus:

“I’m emailing to give you a brief update on the status of our incoming class and waitlist. At this time, we have extended offers to a small number of waitlisted applicants, and the incoming class is full. As our "Commit to Enroll" deadline is not until June 7, there is still a possibility that someone's plans will change. If that happens, we will extend additional offers as needed. We will do our best to keep you updated as changes occur.”

As of right now, I'm sure that they have offered enough seats to fill their class. In that regard, the class is full. However, there are still offers that have not been confirmed yet, so they may still be sending out more. Both the BG and MKE campus have not passed the CTE deadline, so anyone could still be accepted at any campus, but only MKE still has offers that have not been confirmed. I think that explains the difference in the wording of the emails. In any case, getting off the WL at this point is very unlikely for any particular candidate. They've already offered acceptances to the top of the WL. If you didn't already get one (like me), I'd prepare for the worst (reapplying) but hope for the best (a late acceptance).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Hi, anyone else received a need based scholarship today from financial aid? Want to check if everyone gets the same amount for those who applied for institutional aid.

Hi, anyone else received a need based scholarship today from financial aid? Want to check if everyone gets the same amount for those who applied for institutional aid.
Hi there, I got one for $4K. What did you get?

Also received 4k for the year. I wasn't really expecting to get anything so I was pleasantly surprised lol

Anyone still torn between MCW and another institution? Would love to hear deciding factors that are school specific and not subjective things such as distance to home, etc.
I am but still have not decided.

Anyone still torn between MCW and another institution? Would love to hear deciding factors that are school specific and not subjective things such as distance to home, etc.
I think one of the biggest things for a lot of people is cost. MCW is VERY expensive, so you may consider the other school, especially if you are going into a relatively low paying specialty.

I think one of the biggest things for a lot of people is cost. MCW is VERY expensive, so you may consider the other school, especially if you are going into a relatively low paying specialty.

Except when the other school is actually MORE expensive. lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
For out of state students: What are your plans for furniture? I'm about 500 miles away and debating between moving vs buying new.

Both are expensive : (

For out of state students: What are your plans for furniture? I'm about 500 miles away and debating between moving vs buying new.

Both are expensive : (
I got all my furniture when I moved using Facebook marketplace and the MCW sell/trade/buy facebook page to get free or very cheap stuff.

Did anyone get their actual weekly schedule yet? I am able to see what classes we will be taking but not the day to day schedule..

Did anyone get their actual weekly schedule yet? I am able to see what classes we will be taking but not the day to day schedule..
I see it on Oasis if I move the calendar week by week.

Reactions: 2 users
How did you get into Oasis already? I tried logging in but my username/password didn't work
I used one of the logins from the other platforms like MCWConnect or the email login info sent to us (I can’t remember which worked).

I also wasn't able to get in. It says that I don't have access yet.
If you set up duo security - you should have emails to your @mcw.edu address to set it up - you'll be able to log in. I believe Oasis is MCWconnect username along with the password you use for your email address

If you set up duo security - you should have emails to your @mcw.edu address to set it up - you'll be able to log in. I believe Oasis is MCWconnect username along with the password you use for your email address
I actually ended up getting in through bright space now but I don't think my day to day schedule is available to me yet.

I actually ended up getting in through bright space now but I don't think my day to day schedule is available to me yet.
Oasis is the only way I've been able to see a day to day schedule - so you'll be able to see the classes through brightspace, but the calendar is in oasis