2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I recently emailed touro an update and the automated reply included "All Touro College locations will be closed 5/17-18 in honor of the Shavuot Holiday. " So maybe after the 5/19?
What email address did you send your update to? I sent one back in April but never received an automated reply.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the WL and I emailed at the beginning of the month. I was told they will start going through the WL in mid/late May and that I should not reach out again until early June. So I'm guessing we should be hearing some things soon.

Just got an A today after being in the WL! Will be withdrawing. Good luck to you all

Reactions: 7 users
was just notified right now and thank you!
So funny. I can’t believe they are sending acceptances at 11pm. I figured that after 5 we would not be receiving any official notifications. Super congrats!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just want to thank everyone for this wild cycle. Was accepted off the waitlist at 11pm and will be attending!! PM for my stats/interview feedback

Reactions: 13 users
I got the A last night after being on the WL also! My boyfriend is also accepted in med school in NY so I feel so blessed!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Did anyone send in LOIs after being placed on the WL? Or does it not matter anymore because its a ranked list? Or can you change your ranking by sending in things like a LOI?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone send in LOIs after being placed on the WL? Or does it not matter anymore because its a ranked list? Or can you change your ranking by sending in things like a LOI?
I sent a LOI over a month ago. But nothing really happened. If I were you I would send one in.

Hey, do we know for sure it is a ranked waitlist? LOI probably can’t hurt

Just got off the waitlist! Interviewed in March!! So excited, this is my first acceptance in 2 cycles!

Reactions: 11 users
Im pretty sure in my WL email they said it was ranked.
I just checked my WL email and they didn't mention that it was ranked, though that doesn't mean they didn't say it to someone else!

ETA: Where did people first hear it was ranked? It would be nice to know if it was ranked. It would certainly make the response I received to my updates email sent in the beginning of May make more sense.

I just checked my WL email and they didn't mention that it was ranked, though that doesn't mean they didn't say it to someone else!

ETA: Where did people first hear it was ranked? It would be nice to know if it was ranked. It would certainly make the response I received to my updates email sent in the beginning of May make more sense.
We were told during our interview

We were told during our interview
Ahhh, okay. I honestly don't remember being told that or any mention of a WL in my interview in October, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen!

Was also told on interview day that the WL is ranked. Is it numbered? Tiers? I have no idea. I wish we got to know our rank.
All this waiting and guessing is really stressful! I've more or less accepted I didn't get in this cycle and have already re-applied, but I wish we could have an idea of how the WL is ranked. I'm assuming this is also one of those situations where we could literally hear back all the way up to orientation?

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if they would tell anyone how many people are on the WL or how movement looks or anything lol. Peak neuroticism time: the facebook group for class of 2025 has 81 people in it and the class size is ~135.
the amount of times I've checked the facebook group and my spam folder the past couple weeks is another level and I don't plan on stopping

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how much movement in previous years? This is sooo stressful!

Does anyone know how much movement in previous years? This is sooo stressful!
I think I've read that there is a ton of movement! I feel like everything is different this year, though, so who knows.

I wonder if they would tell anyone how many people are on the WL or how movement looks or anything lol. Peak neuroticism time: the facebook group for class of 2025 has 81 people in it and the class size is ~135.
If you end up asking please let us know!

Reactions: 3 users
I reached out to the school and they said they dont accept updates or letter of intents. So maybe that's why some people didn't hear anything after they sent them in. They also said everyone should hear by 07.26 whatever the decision may be.

For those accepted off the waitlist, what were your stats if you dont mind sharing or PMing me pls?

I reached out to the school and they said they dont accept updates or letter of intents. So maybe that's why some people didn't hear anything after they sent them in. They also said everyone should hear by 07.26 whatever the decision may be.

For those accepted off the waitlist, what were your stats if you dont mind sharing or PMing me pls?
That’s odd. Back when I got waitlisted I reached out to them and asked for feedback and they told me to email them with updates.

+1 on being encouraged to send updates/LOI and I got a response when I emailed them. Maybe they've finalized the rankings and don't want anything else at this point?
That’s odd. Back when I got waitlisted I reached out to them and asked for feedback and they told me to email them with updates.
That's so weird, really? I know the initial decision email when notified to be on the waitlist said to send in updates but this is the first like real person interaction over email I received stating not to. Dang...idk if that is supposed to be alarming.

That sounds plausible tho, not wanting more updates at this point I guess. He did say to continue sending interest emails, but like very short simply stating continued interest to attend, that's it. Super straight forward.

Last edited:
That's so weird, really? I know the initial decision email when notified to be on the waitlist said to send in updates but this is the first like real person interaction over email I received stating not to. Dang...idk if that is supposed to be alarming.

That sounds plausible tho, not wanting more updates at this point I guess. He did say to continue sending interest emails, but like very short simply stating continued interest to attend, that's it. Super straight forward.
Maybe at this point since the WL is ranked they aren't accepting? Because i got my interview invite two days after my update letter, but when I reached out after my WL notification if they take additional letters of recc they said no.

Maybe at this point since the WL is ranked they aren't accepting? Because i got my interview invite two days after my update letter, but when I reached out after my WL notification if they take additional letters of recc they said no.
I am probably going to still send a LOI. I emailed one of the professors I interviewed with asking if he had any tips/insight into how I can stand out and he said to send a LOI if possible. If they don't read it then whatever, but at least I can say I tried to do everything *cries*

Reactions: 6 users
Just received an A after being waitlisted on 5/6, will be withdrawing!

Edit: Stats are 510 MCAT, 3.85 GPA, ORM

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone who interviewed 03.15 heard back yet? I was waitlisted on 04.12. It seems the waitlist is moving quite sporadically.

I was really crossing my fingers for more WL movement this week - I’m starting to feel so disappointed...I loved Touro but I interviewed in late Jan 😕

Last edited:
I was really crossing my fingers for more WL movement this week - I’m starting to feel so disappointed...I loved Touro but I interviewed in late Jan 😕
Same boat. I had my interview scheduled in early Feb, but ended up getting really sick with the second dose of Covid vaccine , so had to change date. Interviewed March. Waitlisted in April, and now waiting. The lack of movement is so disheartening.

Same boat. I had my interview scheduled in early Feb, but ended up getting really sick with the second dose of Covid vaccine , so had to change date. Interviewed March. Waitlisted in April, and now waiting. The lack of movement is so disheartening.
I also interviewed in March and got waitlisted in April. Did you submit an LOI?

Also, someone mentioned a while ago that there's a facebook group for the class and I've lowkey been checking every once in a while, since it's a 135 class size. There's 109 people in it rn. I'm not sure if that count includes the TAs tho also so plus or minus 3, I'd say so....silver lining? I'm not sure

Also, someone mentioned a while ago that there's a facebook group for the class and I've lowkey been checking every once in a while, since it's a 135 class size. There's 109 people in it rn. I'm not sure if that count includes the TAs tho also so plus or minus 3, I'd say so....silver lining? I'm not sure
Yes. Submitted LOI. Not sure how helpful it is. Well, that is encouraging 109. But maybe there are some that did not join the FB group. So maybe up that a little. Could be 20 remaining. :) But, how many people are in the waitlist. Ugh.

Yes. Submitted LOI. Not sure how helpful it is. Well, that is encouraging 109. But maybe there are some that did not join the FB group. So maybe up that a little. Could be 20 remaining. :) But, how many people are in the waitlist. Ugh.
Dude I know lmao it's like a circle, there's pros and cons to knowing that cause you're right some could have just not joined it yet but tbh from this thread, I've been seeing they've been offering acceptances but a good amount have been withdrawing so idk whats going on, that seems weird they're not giving it to people who have already submitted LOIs

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance from here. :( Hard decision, but hope it goes to one of yall!

Reactions: 5 users

I just got off the waitlist last week and sent in a request to join the facebook group that has yet to be accepted. They haven't received the updated roster so I am guessing there are a few of us that have yet to be accounted for.

I just got off the waitlist last week and sent in a request to join the facebook group that has yet to be accepted. They haven't received the updated roster so I am guessing there are a few of us that have yet to be accounted for.
Ohhhh this is helpful, thank you for the heads up