2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know the last possible withdrawal date, with full tuition refund? I've searched high and low, but not finding it on anything from the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty bummed there hasn't been a lot of movement (at least on SDN) this week :cryi:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If we all get in (which we will), we've already got a bond going...the bond of suffering lmao and at least we'll all have the virtue of patience after this

Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know if the white coat ceremony will be in person or virtual this summer?

Just received an A after being waitlisted on 5/6, will be withdrawing!
HELLO EVERYONE!! just saw a bunch of replies, my stats are 510 MCAT 3.85 GPA, ORM

I just received my acceptance off of the WL! So excited I almost cried, it was my top school from my interviews! Feel free to message for stats 😊

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea about how many students they take in for the First year? Hoping for more waitlist movement so bad
So I saw multiple people say 135 but I just looked at the "choose DO" website and it says there are 270 first-year matriculants? Can anyone confirm which one is correct and where 135 came from?

Reactions: 1 user
So I saw multiple people say 135 but I just looked at the "choose DO" website and it says there are 270 first-year matriculants? Can anyone confirm which one is correct and where 135 came from?
Do you think it is 135 for each one of the campuses in Harlem and Middletown?

FYI - I sent a Letter of Intent at the end of last week and was told not to send / submit anything unless asked. (so unclear what that means lol)

Just got off of the WL today! My top choice!

Reactions: 10 users
PSA to anyone waiting to hear back from current students/get into the 2025 Facebook group. We (the first years) LITERALLY just finished finals on 5/28. We are so excited to welcome all of you, but give us a chance to become human again. ;)

FYI - I sent a Letter of Intent at the end of last week and was told not to send / submit anything unless asked. (so unclear what that means lol)
I sent an email with a LOI and received a reply that just said "thanks"

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I sent an email with a LOI and received a reply that just said "thanks"
A hypothetical question here. In the email LOI, is it a bad idea to mention that though I have acceptance in another DO school, your school is my top choice? Or is it best not to mention anything about any other schools?

Anyone hear of any WL movement over the last few days or anything? :cryi: o_O

A hypothetical question here. In the email LOI, is it a bad idea to mention that though I have acceptance in another DO school, your school is my top choice? Or is it best not to mention anything about any other schools?

Personally would not say you have another A somewhere else (just my opinion), but something along the lines that you remain strongly interested in attending this COM and that you would commit upon acceptance

Does anyone know if Touro considers deferral request if getting acceptance off the waitlist this late in the cycle?

is the white coat ceremony virtual or in person? and same with the orientation for the week? Is that just like online zoom meetings?

Anyone else taking the summer anatomy class kinda freaking out that there's like 8 hours of video lectures to watch before Monday? Idk why I didn't expect it given the way the regular curriculum is structured, but I work every day until Monday 🙃
Anyone wanna send me some notes hahaha

I just got off the waitlist today!! So happy this is my first choice :')
Wishing everyone else the same good juju <3

Reactions: 4 users
I just received a waitlist status check email asking if I want to be withdrawn or still remain in consideration.

I just got in off the waitlist!! Hoping for the best for everyone else still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone having trouble logging into the box account for summer anatomy?

Received the A yesterday. Very thankful but I already committed to another school. Hope it goes to one of you :)

Just checked my email and saw an acceptance from Touro. The last thing I expected on a Saturday night. I was prepared to go out of state for school but I’m so glad I can be closer to home.

If anyone can PM me a link to the GroupMe and Facebook group for accepted students I’d really appreciate it. I have a few questions I think they will be able to help me out with.

Just checked my email and saw an acceptance from Touro. The last thing I expected on a Saturday night. I was prepared to go out of state for school but I’m so glad I can be closer to home.
Congratulations!!!! So happy for you. Can you share stats?

Does anyone know if Touro requires a background check and drug test? It’s not stated in the pre-matriculation requirements they sent in the email, but other schools I was accepted to required both so I want to make sure I’m not missing anything. I have emailed them this question as well but hoping for a quicker response here.

Hi all - congrats to everyone who has been accepted off of the waitlist so far!! I know these questions have been asked a million times so far but does anyone have any information from admissions as to how full the class size is right now, waitlist movement, etc?

I've committed to a grad program as a plan b but still wanted to gauge how far waitlist movement goes into the summer... hoping for a ~miracle~ at this point

Withdrew from waitlist, good luck everyone!

Does anyone know if Touro requires a background check and drug test? It’s not stated in the pre-matriculation requirements they sent in the email, but other schools I was accepted to required both so I want to make sure I’m not missing anything. I have emailed them this question as well but hoping for a quicker response here.
I requested and got deferral for next year. Can anyone comment on where you guys are looking to live when you start this year at Harlem? My lease should be finishing in 8 months or so, and I would rather move to the area that I would need to live in by next June when I start. Any suggestions?

I requested and got deferral for next year. Can anyone comment on where you guys are looking to live when you start this year at Harlem? My lease should be finishing in 8 months or so, and I would rather move to the area that I would need to live in by next June when I start. Any suggestions?
Keep your ear to the floor for people moving throughout the year (the class facebook groups work well for that). A bunch of my classmates (rising 2nd years) are moving this summer, and many of us also have networks of people who live in the city/sublet/etc.

I personally live in Central Harlem within walking distance from school, but a lot of people live all over (some folks are even moving downtown for next year).

Hi all - congrats to everyone who has been accepted off of the waitlist so far!! I know these questions have been asked a million times so far but does anyone have any information from admissions as to how full the class size is right now, waitlist movement, etc?

I've committed to a grad program as a plan b but still wanted to gauge how far waitlist movement goes into the summer... hoping for a ~miracle~ at this point
As I've said, MULTIPLE people got off the WL the day orientation started. I can't promise the same will happen this year, but you are not without hope.

I don't recall either - I think they have those going into third year, but I don't remember having to do a drug test. Like I can say that much with 100% certainty.

As I've said, MULTIPLE people got off the WL the day orientation started. I can't promise the same will happen this year, but you are not without hope.
Do you happen to know when orientation starts this year for incoming students? Thanks!