2020-2021 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-Matched! Interviewed 11/6

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I was just accepted to TCOM! I'm an OOS student and have also been accepted to A&M. I know that for AMCAS I am able to hold multiple acceptances and just have to withdraw from all but one by April 30th, is the same true for OOS students and Texas schools? I know in-state students can't hold multiple offers after the match? (I might be wrong there but I wasn't part of the match). TCOM told me I have two weeks to accept their offer, does that mean that I have to decide between them and A&M in the next two weeks or can I accept both offers and consider for a bit longer? I tried to find the answer to this on TMDSAS' website but this is confusing and seems to be contradictory. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 1.25.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 1.25.00 PM.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 155
  • image001.png
    image001.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
I was just accepted to TCOM! I'm an OOS student and have also been accepted to A&M. I know that for AMCAS I am able to hold multiple acceptances and just have to withdraw from all but one by April 30th, is the same true for OOS students and Texas schools? I know in-state students can't hold multiple offers after the match? (I might be wrong there but I wasn't part of the match). TCOM told me I have two weeks to accept their offer, does that mean that I have to decide between them and A&M in the next two weeks or can I accept both offers and consider for a bit longer? I tried to find the answer to this on TMDSAS' website but this is confusing and seems to be contradictory. Can anyone help?
You can also accept TCOM and have some time to think about the two schools. Try to make your decision by April or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Can I ask when your interview was?

I also interviewed on 12/1... but nothing yet..

Will there be more pre-matches to come or do they just send them on one day of the month? Would it be wise to send a letter of interest to them?

Prematch for texas residents ends January 29th so you could theoretically hear before then

Prematch for texas residents ends January 29th so you could theoretically hear before then
So if we do not hear back before January 29th as a TX resident, does that mean there are no more acceptances except being waitlisted? Or will there be a match on March 5th?

So if we do not hear back before January 29th as a TX resident, does that mean there are no more acceptances except being waitlisted? Or will there be a match on March 5th?
Match Day is March 5 and you have a chance to match if you have had interviews. If you end up without a match (it does happen) you could be offered a spot on a WL and have your chance to be accepted from the WL between March and the start of orientation at school.

Do we think TCOM is pretty much done giving out II’s at this point? Pretty bummed. Really wanted to go here, and it’s the only school that would allow my significant other to keep his job since we currently live in the area :(

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone from the current MedSci class get acceptances yet? Wondering if they'll wait until March 5th for MedSci or if they've sent out some answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for so many questions... but the application page says that they won't send acceptance offers for residents between Jan 29- March 4, and they anticipate the class to be filled by March 5. So does this mean that there is barely any possibility to match on match day as they are pre-match heavy?
The end of Jan is the cutoff for prematch offers. After that you wait for match day. There is still a chance to match

Do we think TCOM is pretty much done giving out II’s at this point? Pretty bummed. Really wanted to go here, and it’s the only school that would allow my significant other to keep his job since we currently live in the area :(
Super bummed, too. I love TCOM and my mentor attended there and had nothing but good things to say. Plus, she was one of the best doctors I have ever worked with and had a phenomenal bedside manner. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone :(. Hope that things will work out well for us at the end of the day,though!

• Care
Super bummed, too. I love TCOM and my mentor attended there and had nothing but good things to say. Plus, she was one of the best doctors I have ever worked with and had a phenomenal bedside manner. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone :(. Hope that things will work out well for us at the end of the day,though!

Thanks for the reply. Wishing you the best of luck! I hope another school worked out for you!

• Love
Received an interview invite Friday 1/15 and scheduled my interview for this coming Friday 1/22. Available dates were 1/19, 1/22, 1/26 and 1/29. If you are still waiting on an interview there is still hope! Quick one week turnaround for mine, so theoretically they could send an invite this week for someone to interview next week

Primary submitted 6/15, TCOM secondary submitted 9/6, LM 70, in state

Reactions: 6 users
Received an interview invite Friday 1/15 and scheduled my interview for this coming Friday 1/22. Available dates were 1/19, 1/22, 1/26 and 1/29. If you are still waiting on an interview there is still hope! Quick one week turnaround for mine, so theoretically they could send an invite this week for someone to interview next week

Primary submitted 6/15, TCOM secondary submitted 9/6, LM 70, in state
Let's all take a moment to appreciate how thorough of a posting this was haha this is how it's done! :banana:

Reactions: 3 users
II just now! dates open were 1/26 and 1/29

primary and secondary submitted in June, IS, LM 71

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
did anyone who interviewed on 12/15 heard anything back? or at this point we should wait for match day?

Received an A yesterday at 4:30 pm! Didn’t think schools were still sending them. Interviewed back on October 30

• Love
Just got an acceptance email!!! I interviewed on 12/01
I applied to all TMDSAS schools and the email says I have 2 weeks to accept the offer so I am a little confused. TCOM is not showing on my TMDSAS prematch page so I am wondering if I accept the offer does that mean I will not be able to match to anywhere else even If I have other schools ranked higher?

Last edited:
  • Love
Was just accepted here!!!! I’m so excited! Interviewed 12/15, IS. Got the email about 40 min ago! I loved everything about TCOM and Im so thrilled!

For those who have been accepted, is it reflected in your myHSC portal? Also has anyone received a waitlist email? I’m not sure if they announce you’ve been out on the waitlist.

Accepted/prematched!!! IS and interviewed 12/1!

• Love
Pre-matched!!! IS, LM 67 and interviewed 11/10. They sent me an email with instructions on how to accept in myHSC portal

• Love
For those who have been accepted, is it reflected in your myHSC portal? Also has anyone received a waitlist email? I’m not sure if they announce you’ve been out on the waitlist.
yes myHSC portal says "you have been accepted" in the status area

Any medsci students who have interviewed hear anything?
I’m currently in MedSci, interviewed on 12/11, and still have not heard anything. I’m aware they save a specific amount of seats for us, but I wonder if they do not start giving those seats to us until match day?

I’m currently in MedSci, interviewed on 12/11, and still have not heard anything. I’m aware they save a specific amount of seats for us, but I wonder if they do not start giving those seats to us until match day?
Do you know if they save a specific amount of seats for previous and current medsci students or just for current medsci students ?

Do you know if they save a specific amount of seats for previous and current medsci students or just for current medsci students ?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they accept around 50 total past and present medsci students with ~30 of those being from the current class.

Any medsci students who have interviewed hear anything?
For what its worth, Derrick said in a focus meeting a few weeks ago that he thinks <10 MedSci typically prematch each year referring to TMDSAS as a whole.

Do I need to submit official transcripts directly to TCOM or can I send them through TMDSAS so they can possibly be used by more than 1 school?

Do I need to submit official transcripts directly to TCOM or can I send them through TMDSAS so they can possibly be used by more than 1 school?
You send them to TMDSAS, then at the end when you have made your final choice of school, whether in Texas or another state, the school where you enroll usually wants an official transcript sent to them.

Since TCOM said that they anticipate the class to be full on 3/5 does that mean if you don't prematch, you'll be automatically be put on a WL? when is the match btw?

Since TCOM said that they anticipate the class to be full on 3/5 does that mean if you don't prematch, you'll be automatically be put on a WL? when is the match btw?
if you dont prematch by 01/29/21 there is still a chance that you will match on match day (03/05/21). Between 01/29/21 and 03/05/21 no offers of acceptance will be sent by any TMDSAS school. Match day is when a large percent of accepted students receive their acceptance and a lot of the time many did not receive any pre-matches. After match day you will be notified by schools within about a week or so informing you about your waitlist status. I believe even if you match to a school, other schools that you have ranked higher may ask if you would like to be on their waitlist and you can accept or decline (it will not change the fact that you have been offered an acceptance, but it will allow you the potential to attend a higher ranked school if you are able to get off the waitlist.)

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how pre-match heavy TCOM is?

I would like to send a LOI , do y’all know who I should address it to ? Thanks in advance!