2021-2022 Arizona, Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who got an interview invite, has anyone gotten a confirmation email with interview details after confirming your time?
Update: Just got confirmation email with the interview date. Says that they'll send out agenda details in upcoming weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

It almost seems like a way to prove that you've done your homework by describing the school's mission/values/unique characteristics. I don't want to sound like I'm just regurgitating their website, though. This is a tough one.
Stuck on it too. Anyone have advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Stuck on it too. Anyone have advice?
It is a do your homework question + why us. What aspects of the curriculum/city/population/values/mission are interesting and of value to you. I don't think it's meant to be challenging, imagine you got accepted and you called your mom to talk about how excited you were and she had no idea what the school was, what would you say?

I read answers from people who interviewed here last year and it seems like it's pretty much this I wouldn't stress too much about it

Reactions: 1 users
It is a do your homework question + why us. What aspects of the curriculum/city/population/values/mission are interesting and of value to you. I don't think it's meant to be challenging, imagine you got accepted and you called your mom to talk about how excited you were and she had no idea what the school was, what would you say?

I read answers from people who interviewed here last year and it seems like it's pretty much this I wouldn't stress too much about it
Okay thank you so much! I appreciate the response.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don’t mind me asking, are you tied to AZ or very high stats?
No ties to AZ, definitely not very high stats -- more like lower GPA, higher MCAT. I'm incredibly surprised by the early II to be totally honest

No ties to AZ, definitely not very high stats -- more like lower GPA, higher MCAT. I'm incredibly surprised by the early II to be totally honest
that's awesome, congrats!!!

Reactions: 1 user
II today OOS stats on par for the school's medians

They don’t give an option for interview date selection right?

Anyone get interview invite today? They seem to be giving them out every two weeks haha

They don’t give an option for interview date selection right?
The don't, which was surprising since it is in person. I am also surprised that they haven't sent interview day itinerary for my interview in a week. I already had to get flights, which sadly didn't come cheap for this trip and now hearing from other people who interviewed last week - I may need to change my flights.

The don't, which was surprising since it is in person. I am also surprised that they haven't sent interview day itinerary for my interview in a week. I already had to get flights, which sadly didn't come cheap for this trip and now hearing from other people who interviewed last week - I may need to change my flights.
Yikes -- what did you hear?? Does the day run long? I'm supposed to fly back home the even after the interview.... Also, did you get any insight into the MMI? I'm very nervous

I am also surprised that they haven't sent interview day itinerary for my interview in a week.
For the past interview date, interview day info was sent on the Wednesday before the interview.

Does the day run long?
Applicant visit day went from 8am until about 3:15pm local time. Could be a bit longer if you want to attend optional campus tours/financial aid/diversity and inclusion sessions. Not sure if they will continue offering these, but there was an optional student social the evening prior on Sunday at 5pm!

Reactions: 2 users
Did you get an email confirmation After selecting the interview? My portal doesn’t show the date and I haven’t received an email.
I know the date and time but there’s no way to confirm my initial memory of it!

Did you get an email confirmation After selecting the interview? My portal doesn’t show the date and I haven’t received an email.
I know the date and time but there’s no way to confirm my initial memory of it!
Yes, there is an "Applicant Visit Day Invite Confirmation" email after you confirm the interview date on the portal. It does not say the time, but it does have the date of the interview.

Yes, there is an "Applicant Visit Day Invite Confirmation" email after you confirm the interview date on the portal. It does not say the time, but it does have the date of the interview.
I haven’t gotten one yet. Do they send immediately?
My portal says thank you for confirming applicant visit day etc but no email

I haven’t gotten one yet. Do they send immediately?
My portal says thank you for confirming applicant visit day etc but no email
I received the email 2 days after confirming my AVD on the portal.

Can someone please post the link to the secondary login page? I accidentally deleted the email and can't login to check my status :oops:

Just wondering if I’m the only one that’s a little apprehensive that these interviews are in person? COVID rates are just super high in Phoenix and ~6% of them are breakthrough cases of vaccinated individuals. I am sure their entire interview process requires masks and wearing them at all times (but if someone has interviewed and could speak to this I would appreciate it). I also doubt that they are requiring applicants to be vaccinated in order to interview, which just heightens my worrying a bit. I’m even more concerned as someone who has to fly and travel through the airport to get there.

I know they have a virtual interview option, but it was all the way in January and I can’t help but think that effects my odds of getting in at that point.

Just wondering if I’m the only one that’s a little apprehensive that these interviews are in person? COVID rates are just super high in Phoenix and ~6% of them are breakthrough cases of vaccinated individuals. I am sure their entire interview process requires masks and wearing them at all times (but if someone has interviewed and could speak to this I would appreciate it). I also doubt that they are requiring applicants to be vaccinated in order to interview, which just heightens my worrying a bit. I’m even more concerned as someone who has to fly and travel through the airport to get there.

I know they have a virtual interview option, but it was all the way in January and I can’t help but think that effects my odds of getting in at that point.
They were operating under "do what is most comfortable with you." Of course, they could definitely change as the year/situation progresses.

At my interview, there was a mix of some interviewers/interviewees who wore masks and others who did not, but it was completely based on what is more comfortable for you. In the local area tho, I did not find many people who are wearing masks outdoors or indoors.

Last edited:
They are currently operating under "do what is most comfortable with you." Of course, they could definitely change as the year/situation progresses.

At my interview, there was a mix of some interviewers/interviewees who wore masks and others who did not, but it was completely based on what is more comfortable for you. In the local area tho, I did not find many people who are wearing masks outdoors or indoors.
Just got the itinerary and it looks like they changed their tune for this since the first round of interviews. They now say "Due to the continuing increase in COVID-19 cases, the College of Medicine - Phoenix community is being strongly encouraged to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. We encourage similar behavior for campus visitors."

just got an II (in-state, high stats, complete 7/4) - did anybody get an option to choose interview day? I only have one option but it's the same day as another interview I have... wondering how I should explain why i can't make this interview day, any advice?

just got an II (in-state, high stats, complete 7/4) - did anybody get an option to choose interview day? I only have one option but it's the same day as another interview I have... wondering how I should explain why i can't make this interview day, any advice?
First of all, congrats!! Second, I think you should just be honest and tell them you have another interview already scheduled for that day. I'm sure they will understand, I don't think they expect you to cancel an interview. Hopefully they'll be able to open up another day or offer you one at a later date.

I had a different conflict on the one day they offered me and was able to reschedule no problem!

II! OOS no ties, Complete 7/18, star sign pisces!

II received! OOS, some ties to AZ, stats slightly higher than the median. I also have 9/13 as my only option.

For anyone interviewing this month, can you let us know what everyone was wearing ? for all genders. Phoenix is pretty hot !

Suits. Both genders. Very hot but there is parking nearby in the lot. $15 for whole day

They sent out about 40 IIs this week and only 2 were in state lol what a joke