2021-2022 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else experiencing silence at this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. I don't think they have done Rs yet right?
they definitely have sent out Rs (lol me) so keep your head up! i think they were supposed to send everyone some sort of update by Feb 1st though so if you're really wondering maybe send them an email asking for a status update

Members don't see this ad :)
In the "still under review" email, they said the committee will meet every week and let people know their status after that. Do we know what day they meet? It seems like people found out about post-review status last Thursday for HPWL, possible that the committee meets Wednesdays and post-review updates will occur weekly on Thursdays?

had a January interview and received a "still under review email" but not a "rolling admissions" email. anyone else in same boat? fingers crossed for peeps
I interviewed Jan 28th and got the same thing! I think it does mean we're being reviewed still. There's no way they reviewed my interview/app in time for Feb. 1.

Reactions: 1 users
had a January interview and received a "still under review email" but not a "rolling admissions" email. anyone else in same boat? fingers crossed for peeps
yep same here interviewed 1/7

Does anyone know if their class is full already? I interview next week and I'm hoping it's not for the waitlist!

Does anyone know if their class is full already? I interview next week and I'm hoping it's not for the waitlist!
They wouldn't be interviewing you if the class is full! No medical school fills up their class with the first round of acceptances because everyone has different top choices and you can't go to every school that sends you an A. They will keep sending out A/WL/R waves throughout the spring as responses roll in until enough people have confirmed they'll come. There are a lot of moving pieces in the process and acceptances will go out as late of June, sometimes July. You are likely interviewing for waitlist but I know of people that were accepted outright in the spring with no waitlist.

They wouldn't be interviewing you if the class is full! No medical school fills up their class with the first round of acceptances because everyone has different top choices and you can't go to every school that sends you an A. They will keep sending out A/WL/R waves throughout the spring as responses roll in until enough people have confirmed they'll come. There are a lot of moving pieces in the process and acceptances will go out as late of June, sometimes July. You are likely interviewing for waitlist but I know of people that were accepted outright in the spring with no waitlist.
Just fyi, Einstein DOES interview for WL spots. But this usually happens pretty late in the cycle and they tell you explicitly during the interview day if it is for WL spots.

For those who received the Rolling Admissions email, are you sending an email reply demonstrating your interest or are you writing a more structured LOI to send as an attachment?

For those who received the Rolling Admissions email, are you sending an email reply demonstrating your interest or are you writing a more structured LOI to send as an attachment?
I sent a brief email demonstrating interest. But I had also just sent a more formal update letter (pdf attachment) the day before I got the rolling admissions email.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys, interviewing in a few days and wanted to just confirm that it's just the 1 on 1 faculty interview and Uncle Albert meetup (optional) right? I.e. no other orientations or check-ins or anything? Also would really appreciate any last minute advice! :)

hi guys, interviewing in a few days and wanted to just confirm that it's just the 1 on 1 faculty interview and Uncle Albert meetup (optional) right? I.e. no other orientations or check-ins or anything? Also would really appreciate any last minute advice! :)
Yes that’s correct. It was a very low key interview day. The students are all really nice and honest so be sure to take the opportunity to ask questions if you have any. Otherwise probably the lowest stress interview I’ve done.

Yes that’s correct. It was a very low key interview day. The students are all really nice and honest so be sure to take the opportunity to ask questions if you have any. Otherwise probably the lowest stress interview I’ve done.
thank you so much!

Hi guys - who do we email LOI's to? Is it Dean Kerrigan

I emailed mine to Ms. Pace. also for those who got the rolling admissions email and sent a letter of interest/intent, have you heard anything else back from them?

I would email [email protected] unless you've been told by them otherwise (ex. HPWL was told to email Ms. Pace)
Their website just states: "We ask that you not send any updates after your application is completed, unless requested by the Admissions Committee. Anything that you would like to send prior to the completion of your application should be sent as quickly as possible. Applicants who are interviewed may send updates after their interview, up until a final notice of disposition is sent from the Admissions Office."

Hi y’all! I was complete mid-late August but I haven’t heard anything from Einstein, is there anything I can do?! I loveee this school

Reactions: 2 users
Just canceled my interview! Hopefully one of you gets it!

• Love
Got a regular WL email this morning :(

edit: interviewed early jan

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I just got the regular WL email too - interviewed 12/7

Is it worth sending an LOI? I just sent an update a few weeks ago...

• Care
I just got the regular WL email too - interviewed 12/7

Is it worth sending an LOI? I just sent an update a few weeks ago...
Idk it doesnt seem like they accept many off the regular WL bc of the HPWL...

Complete since early July, no interview. Am I really still in the running? It feels like false hope

Complete since early July, no interview. Am I really still in the running? It feels like false hope
it's possible as some people may cancel their interviews last minute after getting acceptances from other schools, but I imagine the chance is slim at this point

with the CYMS tool now open, I checked and saw that i was listed as an "alternate" for einstein after receiving the "rolling admissions/HPWL" email. did anyone else who received this email also listed as an "alternate" for einstein in CYMS?

with the CYMS tool now open, I checked and saw that i was listed as an "alternate" for einstein after receiving the "rolling admissions/HPWL" email. did anyone else who received this email also listed as an "alternate" for einstein in CYMS?
I received the rolling admissions/HPWL email but I only see the schools I was accepted to. Einstein isn’t listed on my CYMS.

I received the rolling admissions/HPWL email but I only see the schools I was accepted to. Einstein isn’t listed on my CYMS.
huh interesting. not sure if it being on my CYMS would be a good or bad thing haha

is the class close to being full?

I interviewed today and I really liked it. Definitely would like to go here

is the class close to being full?

I interviewed today and I really liked it. Definitely would like to go here
I don't think so - there has only been 1 round of As sent out and a few WLs if I am not mistaken

"Alternate List" is the proper term used by the AAMC and is synonymous with the term "waitlist." CYMS does not differentiate between different varieties of alternate lists used by individual medical schools.

R this morning - good luck everyone!

• Care
Just got the Rolling Admissions email. Interviewed late January!

Also got the HPWL email! Interviewed 1/28

hm weird. i interviewed around that time and have heard nothing yet

I wasn't expecting to hear back today anyways. Historically, it has been the first week of March. It's weird that they only dropped a couple though!

I received the rolling admissions / HPWL email back on Feb 3rd. Can anyone speak to how good a chance I have at getting accepted down the line? Do they take 100% of students from that list?

Reactions: 3 users
II just now, complete early august

• Care
Reactions: 4 users