2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you all think that the small group of people who heard back this weekend is it for this week's release?

Members don't see this ad.

do you all think that the small group of people who heard back this weekend is it for this week's release?
I really hope not. They also haven't touched the WL movement at all yet. I guess we just have to keep waiting :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I apologize for being dumb 😂 but what's WE? Also where did you hear that more As were being emailed today? Thanks!

No release of decisions during the WE ! It was a joke 🥴
One random weekend last year at the beginning of March some decisions were released so I guess it’s happened before 🤷🏼‍♀️

We’ll see what happens today, fingers crossed! My anxiety is creepinnnnn up these days

One random weekend last year at the beginning of March some decisions were released so I guess it’s happened before 🤷🏼‍♀️

We’ll see what happens today, fingers crossed! My anxiety is creepinnnnn up these days

🤞🏻🍀 Do not worry! Everything will be OK!

Reactions: 1 user
Based off some of the last few release dates, the acceptance calls seem to come in around 6pm EST. There’s still a chance they’ll be calling some of us today since it’s only like 3:30pm EST

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Based off some of the last few release dates, the acceptance calls seem to come in around 6pm EST. There’s still a chance they’ll be calling some of us today since it’s only like 3:30pm EST
Praying it's off the waitlist !! This wl movement has been dead!

I think the explanation is that this table was made by one of the applicants last year. It is based solely on messages posted by other applicants on the forum, not official sources. Some applicants have posted on the forum on Sunday, maybe it was interpreted that they got the acceptance on Sunday. But who works on a Sunday? Certainly not Adcoms lol
Haha yeah that’s totally fair! I honestly have no idea what the answer is on this, just reposting the info 😬

Every time I get a phone call I think its Gtown.. lmao the suspense is killing me

Guys, I also got the acceptance call last Sunday around 4pm. I was surprised too lol

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What’s this grand Sunday conspiracy going on? Lol. Are y’all joking or serious

I got the call! 6:33 PST!

About my vehicle’s extended warranty

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I got the A via email this morning before 6 am PST. Was expecting a call 🤣 Interviewed 11/17, goodluck to y’all!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
i will not lie i dont think theyve actually sent out decisions for mid-nov.

Reactions: 1 users
These last couple posts have been sus for sure. Acceptances on Sundays and via e-mail? Fishy
I don't think so, I think they give the interviewers their list of folks to call and they do it when they have some uninterrupted time, aka not while at work.

I don't think so, I think they give the interviewers their list of folks to call and they do it when they have some uninterrupted time, aka not while at work.
The interviewers do the phone call or someone on the admissions team?

I’ve been in this game too long. Never heard of Sunday phone calls. Unless it’s just a georgetown thing

• Wow
When I got my call a few months ago it was from somebody on the admissions team. There's no reason to not believe the folks who got a weekend call or an email though. Congrats to those who heard over the past few days!!

Hi everyone! I also got the A via phone this past Sunday around 2 pm. They left a voicemail and I called back right away. The admissions Dean told me that they were calling on Sunday due to Monday being a holiday and that I would receive my A email on Tuesday, which I did receive :)

I interviewed mid November and sent a LOI 3 weeks ago.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! I also got the A via phone this past Sunday around 2 pm. They left a voicemail and I called back right away. The admissions Dean told me that they were calling on Sunday due to Monday being a holiday and that I would receive my A email on Tuesday, which I did receive :)

Please, can you screen shot your email without your name?

• Hmm
  • Dislike
i will not lie i dont think theyve actually sent out decisions for mid-nov.
Gosh I hope not – no A or WL and interviewed mid Nov :/ do WLs and Rs tend to come after As? It seems very variable when I look at the previous pages

Ok this seems legit lol. Congrats

I still haven’t heard back and I interviewed on the 9th. Does this mean we wait for another 2 weeks?

Please, can you screen shot your email without your name?
This is kind of an over the top request for an anonymous forum such as ours, @KindPerson
Let's trust each other and as you can see from the last several posts, the recent offers are legit.

So I just checked my voice mail, I missed the call from Dean Dugan Sunday, but I recieved the email on Tuesday.

What did you say in your LOI? Did you outright say GUSOM was your top choice/you would go if accepted?

This is kind of an over the top request for an anonymous forum such as ours, @KindPerson
Let's trust each other and as you can see from the last several posts, the recent offers are legit.
I disagree that it’s over the top bc I’m not asking to break anonymity. Anonymity allows people to play with others’ feelings, so a Screenshot could actually legitimise their statements. There’s nothing illegitimate in asking for proof. Now if he doesn’t wanna send it for some reason, that’s his prerogative. I’ll let others make their own conclusions on if they wanna believe him. But whether he sends a screenshot or not, at the end of the day, I couldn’t care less.

• Dislike
I disagree that it’s over the top bc I’m not asking to break anonymity. Anonymity allows people to play with others’ feelings, so a Screenshot could actually legitimise their statements. There’s nothing illegitimate in asking for proof. Now if he doesn’t wanna send it for some reason, that’s his prerogative. I’ll let others make their own conclusions on if they wanna believe him. But whether he sends a screenshot or not, at the end of the day, I couldn’t care less.
I get that you are anxious and this is a stressful time, but asking someone to screenshot a personal communication regardless of whether they include their name is wildly inappropriate.

If you have reason to earnestly believe that someone is trolling, then please report it to the moderator staff. Or you can choose to not believe them. But making baseless accusations that someone is lying about an acceptance doesn't help anyone.

lol

Attachments

• 9748E3A8-6A15-4362-88A1-F4F9D668DA85.jpeg
    9748E3A8-6A15-4362-88A1-F4F9D668DA85.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Haha
What did you say in your LOI? Did you outright say GUSOM was your top choice/you would go if accepted?
Pretty much yeah. I spoke about how the mission plus some of their other programs can enhance my ability as a physician and also about what I bring to the table :)

Interviewed late October and just received an invite to the waitlist! I'll definitely take it over a rejection lol. Does anyone know what the typical waitlist movement looks like for GT? Thanks!
Did you send letter of intent?

I really thought Georgetown would’ve started going through their WL this week based on previous years threads but I guess not…..

• Care