2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! To those that got accepted, is there a GroupMe that we are able to join? To everyone else, good luck!
No GroupMe, there is a FB group that you'll get an invite for, in a few weeks.

I interviewed 12/1 and had radio silence today 🥺 but you are giving me hope!!
Just hang on! It was over 16 weeks of waiting for me and I thought maybe it was a silent R. I sent three update letters in total and I think it really helps. It's never end until it is!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Any ideas of when we'll get our financial aid packages?

Reactions: 1 user
My theory is around mid to late April once you narrow to 3 acceptances. Not sure if that’s even remotely correct tho
Fingers crossed we will hear sooner than that. It seems that people began to report receiving finaid packages around mid March the last couple of years

Reactions: 1 users
i think i will never hear back at this rate lol i interviewed 11/15 and silence

Fingers crossed we will hear sooner than that. It seems that people began to report receiving finaid packages around mid March the last couple of years
This actually makes sense cus you’d wanna know the finaid package before narrowing to 3 (if ur so lucky to have more than one A)

Members don't see this ad :)
Since many of those who interviewed have not even heard back yet, I am assuming people on the waitlist will not hear back for quite some time (until all post interview decisions have been released)?

• Care
For those who submitted Update Letters/Letters of Intent, did you submit them through GUSOM's secondary app portal or did you email them to the admissions committe directly.

I wonder how they'll decide who to take off the waitlist. Would anyone know? Lol

• Care
Does anyone know if we able to apply for the Sarah Stewart Scholarship if we are still waiting to hear back post-II? I interviewed later in cycle & just saw that the deadline for the scholarship is approaching.

They’re probably busy today since they did both the Match Day celebration and white coat ceremony for class of 2024

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call!!!!! Omg I’ve been shaking all morning! Congrats and goodluck to everyone! This forum has kept me sane and I appreciate all of you so much 😊😊

Edit: interviewed 12/1, sent a letter of intent end of january and an update letter this past Tuesday

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone have the link to the accepted students GroupMe or FB group?

Wow congrats to everyone who received As today! Was there anyone who was first waitlisted? Thank you and congrats!!! 🥳🥳

My first post interview rejection :( ! Interviewed mid December URM, LM69 <3 I had a pretty great interview though which is interesting but not mad at it. Congrats to those who got in!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Do we need to wait for the invitation to join the Facebook group? I found it and tried to join it on my own but they’re not accepting my request lol

• Haha
the nerves to find out are insane. interviewed 12/7 and no word back. Anyone interview then or after and hear back already?

• Care
Looks like they are never gonna touch the WL at this point. :rofl::rofl:

Looks like they are never gonna touch the WL at this point. :rofl::rofl:
Most schools don’t touch the waitlist until May because they wait to see how many spots they need to offer after people decide in April.

• Wow
Most schools don’t touch the waitlist until May because they wait to see how many spots they need to offer after people decide in April.
Oh really? Wow guess I gotta just hunker down and prepare 🥺

• Care
I think I'm only shocked because GT sent out As off the waitlist last year as early as Feb 22. So that caught me off guard tbh

If any currently accepted students or WL applicants want to DM me, I have a link to their LMSA convo hour. I know it's a shot in the dark assuming not many Latino/Hispanic students are accepted but just putting it out there. :)

FYI I can see my financial aid package on MyAccess ... just loans :dead:

How did you find out how to log in to MyAccess? I can't find my netID
If you go into the pre-matriculation portal and then "Georgetown University Electronic Credentials" you should find your netID