2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems like last year it was around Mother’s Day? So I think it’s coming up!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Twas nerve-wracking but I made my choice and withdrew my acceptance to gtown last week! hope someone here gets off the WL! GL!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does any accepted student know what the movement was like in the groupchat or FB groupo?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think there will be some waitlist movement today?? I have a CTE deadline for my other acceptance on May 15th, so I’m on a time crunch 😢

Do you guys think there will be some waitlist movement today?? I have a CTE deadline for my other acceptance on May 15th, so I’m on a time crunch 😢
At this point, I don't think any of us can say. Historically there is movement this week though, but historically there was also a lot more movement in Feb/March and that hasn't seemed to have happened per this thread.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THE WAITLIST. I HOPE WE ALL GET IN!

• Love
  • Haha
Any accepted students or current GUSOM students know what the best style white coat is for males? I am confused if style 739 is only meant for tall males and the 419 is for smaller/average height males, OR if the 739 is meant for all males and the "L" variation is what is specifically meant for taller guys? I would like a more fitted look if that is what the 739 is, but I don't want to get it if it'll be ridiculously big on me...

Any accepted students or current GUSOM students know what the best style white coat is for males? I am confused if style 739 is only meant for tall males and the 419 is for smaller/average height males, OR if the 739 is meant for all males and the "L" variation is what is specifically meant for taller guys? I would like a more fitted look if that is what the 739 is, but I don't want to get it if it'll be ridiculously big on me...
I wish I had the same problem 🥺🥺

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know guys :( I’m praying and hoping I hear something by May 15th or else I’ll have to commit to my other acceptance, even though GUSOM is my top choice 🥲

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I know guys :( I’m praying and hoping I hear something by May 15th or else I’ll have to commit to my other acceptance, even though GUSOM is my top choice 🥲
I'm in a similar boat as you! Good luck, hoping for the best for all of us

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
People have to have gotten off the waitlist by now. Prob havent posted about it here tho

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
312 sounds like class is full cause they really only accept that many kids

Not necessarily, I bet a bunch of people just haven’t left the group after withdrawing lol
you think so? They accept about 300-400 kids and of which, 200 matriculate or somehting like that. So thats why i thought the class is filled up.

you think so? They accept about 300-400 kids and of which, 200 matriculate or somehting like that. So thats why i thought the class is filled up.
I don’t think the movement is over. Last year they accepted into June, but it seems like they have been accepting people due to the rise in members in the FB page.

• Care
I don’t think the movement is over. Last year they accepted into June, but it seems like they have been accepting people due to the rise in members in the FB page.
Right i hear ya, but in June, wasn't it like a few kids? Ofc, it was never meant to be a massive wave, but I'm pretty sure only a handful kids get off now.

Right i hear ya, but in June, wasn't it like a few kids? Ofc, it was never meant to be a massive wave, but I'm pretty sure only a handful kids get off now.
It also seems like last year they accepted over a week and then sent out an email saying the class is full. Until that email comes out there is still hope!

If you’ve gotten off the waitlist be a true homie and let us know in here

• Haha
Okay this might be some uplifting news, but this day last year, there was 274 people in the FB group for GT class of 2025. Their FB page as of today is 419. That means if we're at 312, right now, definitely it isn't full yet right?

Okay this might be some uplifting news, but this day last year, there was 274 people in the FB group for GT class of 2025. Their FB page as of today is 419. That means if we're at 312, right now, definitely it isn't full yet right?
Idrk what that means because accepting 150 people off the waitlist seems like a lot. Do we know if the FB page is for all accepted students even if they choose not to matriculate?

• Wow
Idrk what that means because accepting 150 people off the waitlist seems like a lot. Do we know if the FB page is for all accepted students even if they choose not to matriculate?
I know I’m still on undergrad pages for schools I never went to because I never use FB so I would say all accepted students!

150 def seems like a lot and i certainly don't think it's around 150 off the WL. But i would think that the FB members would be similar between all the years. So if we're at 312, i'd assume a few more kids are going to get in? Of crouse, there are also kids who were accepted and didn't join the FB group, so we have to be aware of that as well.

150 def seems like a lot and i certainly don't think it's around 150 off the WL. But i would think that the FB members would be similar between all the years. So if we're at 312, i'd assume a few more kids are going to get in? Of crouse, there are also kids who were accepted and didn't join the FB group, so we have to be aware of that as well.
I guess we will have to wait and see...

I'm hoping there will be a big waitlist movement. The recent increase in the Facebook group can simply be attributed to the recently accepted SMP students. Georgetown is a great school, however, there has to be a significant amount of people who committed to other schools. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

• Love
I'm hoping there will be a big waitlist movement. The recent increase in the Facebook group can simply be attributed to the recently accepted SMP students. Georgetown is a great school, however, there has to be a significant amount of people who committed to other schools. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Love your optimism!

Guys you should not be using Facebook members to calculate anything. At this time of year countless upperclassmen and admins enter the groups to share information -

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
@GrainofSalt my G, don’t sweat it my man. Just gotta wait and see over the next couple of weeks. There’s a plan for everyone. Fingers crossed for us all

• Love
@GrainofSalt my G, don’t sweat it my man. Just gotta wait and see over the next couple of weeks. There’s a plan for everyone. Fingers crossed for us all
If you sanger sequence my DNA, u will see that I only have Ts, Cs, and Gs. No As.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call guys!! Off the waitlist right before May 15 😭😭😭 the Dean said she’s calling more people

• Love
  • Care