2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
RIP, I got mostly loans too :-(

Members don't see this ad.

I can’t create a permanent password, I’m following the instructions for the temporary password but it is not working 🥲

If you go into the pre-matriculation portal and then "Georgetown University Electronic Credentials" you should find your netID

I used my NetID and the gu sample password, but it is saying incorrect. Did anyone else run into this issue?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I can’t create a permanent password, I’m following the instructions for the temporary password but it is not working 🥲
You don't get to make your own password. It has to be one of the ones that is generated and given to you.

You don't get to make your own password. It has to be one of the ones that is generated and given to you.

I don’t get to the screen where you use the generator. I get prompted for a password which is where I assume you use the temporary password.

Anyone get a financial aid package that wasn't only loans? Does GUSOM have scholarships or grants? This place is my dream but I really don't think I can afford it with only loans.

Anyone get a financial aid package that wasn't only loans? Does GUSOM have scholarships or grants? This place is my dream but I really don't think I can afford it with only loans.
I got a scholarship for 23k, everything else is loans.

How much should we take US News rankings into consideration? I really like GUSOM and I recognize that it graduates really strong, competitive candidates for residency programs, but its USN ranking seems really low and that's giving me pause... anyone's insight/thoughts would be appreciated :)

How much should we take US News rankings into consideration? I really like GUSOM and I recognize that it graduates really strong, competitive candidates for residency programs, but its USN ranking seems really low and that's giving me pause... anyone's insight/thoughts would be appreciated
Rank on any one odd year isn’t as important as trends. And Georgetown unfortunately trending down over the years.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much should we take US News rankings into consideration? I really like GUSOM and I recognize that it graduates really strong, competitive candidates for residency programs, but its USN ranking seems really low and that's giving me pause... anyone's insight/thoughts would be appreciated :)
Do we know where we could get an answer to this? Email the admissions committee? I really like Georgetown but idk if I should choose it over my other higher-ranked acceptance. The low/falling ranking is really my only concern

Do we know where we could get an answer to this? Email the admissions committee? I really like Georgetown but idk if I should choose it over my other higher-ranked acceptance. The low/falling ranking is really my only concern
This is exactly where I'm at too... idk if its kosher to email adcoms because it seems like kind of a shady question to ask. I emailed an M4 that I met on the virtual second look day essentially asking how much I should be considering USN rankings. I anticipate that she'll say it doesn't matter much because GUSOM has such a good history/reputation with competitive residency matches. PLus the current students couldn't speak highly enough of their clinical education at GU/MedStar.

I heard their step 1 pass rate has decreased recently. Something to consider.

I have a few friends that are M1s and M2s there and I've heard the same thing. Part of that has to do with a lot of the classes being taught by doctoral candidates that focus on bringing their own niche research in their MD lectures instead of focusing on more clinically relevant stuff. It's definitely something making me think twice about coming here - got an A a couple weeks back. Interviewed in November. I think hearing this^ combined with their falling rank and average match list, I'm probably gonna end up choosing my higher ranked school. Rank may not be everything but it certainly is an indicator of where the school is going.
Thanks for choosing the other school!

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
I think the reality is for y'all (I have no skin in the game). Georgetowns reputation is strong within the residency world and nothing is gonna change that. The curriculum/some of the stuff that goes on at the school isn't always the best. But at the end of the day the Georgetown name remains incredibly strong at every residency program around the country.

• Love
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
any word from 12/7 interviewees or beyond? people are talking about waitlists but we haven't heard our original decision yet. 16 weeks and counting :(. gusom is my top choice and I do not know what I should be doing

any word from 12/7 interviewees or beyond? people are talking about waitlists but we haven't heard our original decision yet. 16 weeks and counting :(. gusom is my top choice and I do not know what I should be doing
I recommend sending in an LOI if it’s your top choice! I sent 2 and I think that rlly helped me get accepted.
It’s not too late. I sent my second LOI 17 weeks post-II and got in the following week! Hope this helps!

• Care
omg i just got off the waitlist for georgetown!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in the kitchen and missed the call and came back to Dean Dugan's voicemail, GUSOM is my first choice 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
oH MY GOD i just got off the waitlist for georgetown!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in the kitchen and missed the call and came back to Dean Dugan's voicemail, GUSOM is my first choice 😭
Congrats!! Think it’s alphabetical? Can I ask like a 4 letter range for the first letter ofyour last Name?

oH MY GOD i just got off the waitlist for georgetown!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in the kitchen and missed the call and came back to Dean Dugan's voicemail, GUSOM is my first choice 😭
Omg congrats!!!

Can u share when u were waitlisted? Thank you!!

I am sorry for being neurotic but could someone who is currently waitlisted at GUSOM tell me what tab names they see in the portal? Did it always say "Admission Offer" as a tab even for waitlisted applicants?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.59.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.59.59 AM.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 155
I am sorry for being neurotic but could someone who is currently waitlisted at GUSOM tell me what tab names they see in the portal? Did it always say "Admission Offer" as a tab even for waitlisted applicants?
Yes, I believe so.

yes my portal has said admissions offer since being waitlisted

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 10.52.29 AM.png

has this been in everyones status since being put on WL? I am going crazy waiting since my interview in September

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance email today! Interviewed 12/3. There's still hope!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Interviewed back in October, waitlisted in January, then finally accepted!!!! Good luck to those of you on the waitlist or waiting to hear back : )

Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe for accepted students?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Interviewed back in October, waitlisted in January, then finally accepted!!!! Good luck to those of you on the waitlist or waiting to hear back : )

Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe for accepted students?
Same timeline and everything, including waitlist, but no news :((((

Congrats!! Were you waitlisted at all by any chance? Thank you !
Thanks! No, not waitlisted. Just a long period of anxious silence. However, I might withdraw my acceptance once I hear back from another school. Best of luck!

• Love
Does anybody know if there is a deadline to accept our financial aid package on MyAccess?

Has anyone done intense internet stalking/asked the ADCOM and have any idea how likely it is to get off the waitlist 🤣☠️

Is gtown known to match FA packages/give out scholarships?
I spoke with financial aid the other day who told me all institutional funds have already been dispersed, so even if they have some money reserved for late acceptances, I think it unlikely they will match packages.