2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the “remains under review email” which I think is deferral and likely a 1st tier WL (or if I'm supremely lucky an A......)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the “remains under review email” which I think is deferral and likely a 1st tier WL (or if I'm supremely lucky an A......)
Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Hofstra still send out interview invites into February? I have been complete since August and still have yet to hear back. Just wondering if I should move on with my hopes of an interview here. Not sure if I have been silently rejected.

Withdrew my 1st tier waitlist just now. Hopefully this helps someone else down the line and good luck to everyone!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Does Hofstra still send out interview invites into February? I have been complete since August and still have yet to hear back. Just wondering if I should move on with my hopes of an interview here. Not sure if I have been silently rejected.
IS, complete since July, I'm just going to assume it's an R.

For those that interviewed 12/10, do you think we'll hear back by the end of this week? Going on 8 weeks waiting I thought we'd hear back sooner based on last year's thread

For those that interviewed 12/10, do you think we'll hear back by the end of this week? Going on 8 weeks waiting I thought we'd hear back sooner based on last year's thread
I hope so. It does seem like most people who heard back in the past few weeks heard after 6-8 weeks

Just got 1st tier waitlist. Interviewed 12/10. Does anyone know what are the chances of getting off the waitlist? This was my top choice 😔

• Care
1st tier WL. Interviewed 12/10. Does anyone know the difference between 1st vs 2nd tier WL?

I got this too on Jan 26. Interviewed 12/03. I can't tell if this this or a 1st tier WL is preferable? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did the 2/4 admitted students day happen or was it delayed?

+1 1st tier WL from mid-December interview just now, guess I'm grateful that it's not worse!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Second tier waitlist about 30 min ago :/ interviewed mid December. Super bummed

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Also december interview but got an email that says my application is still under review... not sure if that is a sign one way or the other or if they really just haven't gotten to it yet

How have people been dressing to the in person admitted students days? Also, do people bring a guest (a parent)? I went to another school where everyone brought along one of their parents but not sure how it works here

How have people been dressing to the in person admitted students days? Also, do people bring a guest (a parent)? I went to another school where everyone brought along one of their parents but not sure how it works here
When I asked back in December, they told me that we were not allowed to bring any guests due to COVID.

Just got the notification that my app zucks (pre-II). Better luck to the rest!

Reactions: 6 users
For those that already attended the in-person visit day, what was the general dress code? Aka do I have to take my one set of interview-appropriate clothes to the dry cleaners this week?

For those that already attended the in-person visit day, what was the general dress code? Aka do I have to take my one set of interview-appropriate clothes to the dry cleaners this week?
Business casual

Has anyone sent in a letter of intent/ interest post- II via mail instead of the portal? Is that discouraged?

Last edited:
Honestly such an unfair question to not be optional. Seems like they are specifically targeting applicants with mid tier A's across the country but want to be in NY. Other people will come off as desperate, or not worth wasting a spot on.
The email states that they strongly encourage us to fill it out, ig this is how they game the CYMS tool data and make WL decisions. But absolutely unfair to WLed students who want all options to be open. I feel like something like this should be against the rules.

Reactions: 1 users
agreed with all above, also received interest survey for WL email... seems a bit invasive

Very unfair. I'd readily accept an A to Hofstra but I feel like if I list the other schools I'm accepted/ WLed at they'll just think I have other options and wont bother w my app

I am tempted not to fill out this WL survey. How are you all intending to proceed with this?

I don't want to fill it out but I have a feeling they will only (or mostly) accept people who did tbh. tempted to not list specific schools though and put "decline to answer"

I think it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. Are they receptive to letters of interest?

I hope I'm not discriminated against for not having any As yet 😔

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I don't want to fill it out but I have a feeling they will only (or mostly) accept people who did tbh. tempted to not list specific schools though and put "decline to answer"
Or just “yes” 🤣

• Haha
Or just “yes” 🤣
940DEFA7-452D-4D1C-9FAB-084441708C7C.jpeg

I filled it out and elaborated on factors that will ultimately influence my final decision (i.e. aid), hoping this shows enough interest.. honestly though not sure if they're technically allowed to ask where you're holding acceptances so declining to answer might not be a bad idea!

The school is trying to move up rankings and has a disproportionately high MCAT for its current rank. With that comes trying to maintain/increase their yield, and this is the best way for them to do so. If you report acceptances to a lot of top schools, you probably won't get an A because they won't expect you to come here, if u report zero A's and are relatively weak compared to their standards that might slightly hurt you as your intentions are likely rooted in securing your first A. I'd imagine it could be used to find students that have similar acceptances in hand (or slightly better), but prefer Hofstra, or students with zero acceptances in hand who are actually strong, fell through the cracks, and who Hofstra thinks they can “steal.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Is there even a chance for a second tier waitlist to get in if their survey "matches" what they're looking for?

Is there even a chance for a second tier waitlist to get in if their survey "matches" what they're looking for?
I know right lmao. I'm going to fill it out after I finish studying for this exam, but sounds like a waste of time

• Care
Just withdrew from the 1st tier waitlist - good luck everyone!