2021-2022 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The January visit days have been canceled because of COVID, so if you were signed up for one, please check your email!

Members don't see this ad.

The January visit days have been canceled because of COVID, so if you were signed up for one, please check your email!
Did you get a confirmation email when you signed up? I didn't recieve anything about cancellations so now am questioning whether my sign up went through

Did you get a confirmation email when you signed up? I didn't recieve anything about cancellations so now am questioning whether my sign up went through
Hi! I did not receive a confirmation email when I signed up. I got an email notifying me that the 1/21 events were canceled and that I could choose to attend either on 2/4 or 2/25. If you don't get one by the end of the day, maybe you should reach out? Idk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea when the next day for decisions are?

Reactions: 2 users
Any idea when the next day for decisions are?
Not sure but just looking at last year's thread, it looks like a few A's went out on 1/7, 1/14, and 1/22, so probably pretty soon I hope!

Any insights on the interview? Mine is coming up. Is there still one 14 minute open file station amidst the MMIs?

Any insights on the interview? Mine is coming up. Is there still one 14 minute open file station amidst the MMIs?
Good luck on your interview! I had one of my best MMI experiences at this school. I did have a "traditional" 14 min interview as one station, but I am not sure if it was open file or not. I thought the questions at the MMI stations were fair, and the interviewers were genuinely interested in learning why I felt a particular way. Not trying to trip me up or anything. Def left the interview day feeling good, not stressed. I hope you will feel the same

Withdrawing my interview spot here, I hope someone gets one! Good luck on all your journeys :)

Reactions: 5 users
sooooo… are fellow december interviewees holding their breath for decisions to be released this and next week?

Not trying to expect anything tbh because if I don't hear back, I know it's just a WL in February :(
So if someone else on our interview date heard back already, we get rejected or waitlisted in Feb? For ref I interviewed mid November and saw someone get an A from my date

Members don't see this ad :)
So if someone else on our interview date heard back already, we get rejected or waitlisted in Feb? For ref I interviewed mid November and saw someone get an A from my date
I am not sure tbh but generally that seems to be the trend. Hope I’m wrong for your sake though!

Got the A yesterday! :) Interviewed end of November

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A yesterday! :) Interviewed end of November
Congrats!!! Could I ask when your interview date was in late Nov? I was also late Nov but haven’t heard anything so I’m wondering if I should be expecting a WL or R at this point hah

Congrats!!! Could I ask when your interview date was in late Nov? I was also late Nov but haven’t heard anything so I’m wondering if I should be expecting a WL or R at this point hah
Interviewed 11/22!
Not sure exactly what their procedure is but I'm guessing that since it doesn't seem to be a larger "wave" of decisions, maybe they're turning out decisions in smaller batches as they go? I hope you get some good news!!

Interviewed 11/22!
Not sure exactly what their procedure is but I'm guessing that since it doesn't seem to be a larger "wave" of decisions, maybe they're turning out decisions in smaller batches as they go? I hope you get some good news!!
Ah yea so they must be sending A's in order of interview date. Frustrating but it is what it is. Interviewed mid Nov

• Sad
Hi all! Congrats on all the recent As. Just curious to know if Hofstra accepts pre II updates?

Anyone know what the dress code/formality is for the connections event tonight?

Just got placed on something called a "1st tier waitlist," interviewed in early September!

Got the acceptance email today! Interviewed on 11/30.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got placed on something called a "1st tier waitlist," interviewed in early September!
+1. Honestly not surprised, my first station was stressful as heck and I definitely fell for it. Saw last year that there was a fair amount of movement.

Anyone hearing back from early December?

• Hmm
+1. Honestly not surprised, my first station was stressful as heck and I definitely fell for it. Saw last year that there was a fair amount of movement.
Also 1st tier waitlist. Interviewed 11/10.. trying to remain hopeful

• Care
Withdrawing my interview spot here, I hope someone gets one! Good luck on all your journeys :)
I just got an interview invite, and you very well could have contributed to this. I wish you all the best with whatever your future plans are!

Hey guys I just have a couple quick questions about how Hofstra/Northwell conducts there MMIs. Will I engage with the interviewer, or should I plan on talking for the 6 minutes straight? Is the prompt still available on the screen once I enter the interview room? Are there any team exercises? Thanks to whoever can help!

Hey guys I just have a couple quick questions about how Hofstra/Northwell conducts there MMIs. Will I engage with the interviewer, or should I plan on talking for the 6 minutes straight? Is the prompt still available on the screen once I enter the interview room? Are there any team exercises? Thanks to whoever can help!
Hi! Congrats on getting an interview. I would suggest not talking for the five minutes straight cos honestly that's hard to do, for me at least. I found my interviewers to want to engage with my answers, and they did so in a kind and encouraging way. Just share your thoughts and have a little conversation afterwards. My MMI here was not stressful at all, so I encourage you to be honest and yourself and you will do great. Good luck :)

Does anyone know if they only start pulling from the waitlist in May or could it be sooner?

Does anyone know if they only start pulling from the waitlist in May or could it be sooner?
At all schools, it could theoretically be sooner. But think about what precipitates WL movement. It's accepted people withdrawing. When is that most likely to happen, in sufficient numbers to give you a realistic shot at getting a call?

Answer: 4/15, when people are expected to reduce to 3 As, and 4/30, when people are required to reduce to 1. As a result, the bulk of movement at all schools revolves around these two events.

Exactly when they make the calls depends entirely on the schools (some get going the last 2 weeks in April, others don't get make calls until late May or even June), but 4/15 and 4/30 are the key dates to focus on. Most movement at most schools happens between the last week of April and the first 2 or 3 weeks in May, because this is when schools first get good visibility into how many seats they have open.

It could theoretically happen sooner if a lot of people drop a lot of As early, but that historically doesn't seem to happen in large enough numbers for movement to be reported before late April. There are always exceptions, so YMMV, but it makes sense to not plan on anything happening, anywhere, before 4/30, and then allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised if you get a call earlier.

Later movement after the first wave then depends on the musical chairs played by people dropping a school when they are called off the WL at another school. And so on and so on until all seats are filled everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Are they still sending out II invites???

• Okay...
might turn down a T10 to attend here. (i don’t weigh prestige that heavily personally) the responsiveness of faculty, curriculum, northwell connections (30% class match within system) , p/f with exams at end of block not biweekly. Will wait for in person visit, but quickly moving up to top of the list!

Interviewed early Dec, just got 2nd tier WL :(. Soft R from what I've heard

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone hear back from 12/10?

Received A today! I interviewed in early December.

• Love