2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got that Pre-II R, OOS, complete 8/16

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
pre II R- complete september (OOS) good luck everyone!

• Care
Adding to this pre-II R train, was complete 7/19, god speed to the rest of y'all!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R, complete late August, ORM, OOS. Good luck all!

• Care
1st Tier waitlist; Interviewed on 02/05/2021.

to the people who interviewed here and got the email that your application will "continue to be considered": has anyone received a final admissions decision yet?

to the people who interviewed here and got the email that your application will "continue to be considered": has anyone received a final admissions decision yet?
Nope. Interviewed early October and got that email early Feb.

anyone hear anything about scholarships? or have an idea when we might?

Reactions: 1 users
@moshpitmed @sweetpotater Also received that email but in late Feb (interviewed mid Jan). Don't want to demoralize us too much, and there might be a chance that things change, but I'm taking it as a soft R more than anything :/ Hofstra bb if you're reading this, I would be very welcome to being disproven here :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email early February as well and earlier this week got officially relegated to the waitlist (MD/PhD)! Interviewed back in November

• Care
I got that email early February as well and earlier this week got officially relegated to the waitlist (MD/PhD)! Interviewed back in November
That's awesome! If you feel comfortable sharing, may I ask what tier you were placed on?

That's awesome! If you feel comfortable sharing, may I ask what tier you were placed on?
Yeah, I'm on first-tier! I honestly am not entirely sure what this means, but I'll take it over an R 😅

• Love
Yeah, I'm on first-tier! I honestly am not entirely sure what this means, but I'll take it over an R 😅
WL movement depends on the school and program, but 1st tier generally sees notable movement while 2nd tier undergoes less movement, so being on 1st tier is leagues over an R! Congrats, and I really hope you land it!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
@moshpitmed @sweetpotater Also received that email but in late Feb (interviewed mid Jan). Don't want to demoralize us too much, and there might be a chance that things change, but I'm taking it as a soft R more than anything :/ Hofstra bb if you're reading this, I would be very welcome to being disproven here :)
hmm I definitely wouldn't call it a soft R, I feel like it means they can't decide whether to give us an A or first tier WL so they're probably just weighing their options rn, I could be wrong tho!

• Care
has anyone heard anything today? does anyone know when we will start to hear back?

has anyone heard anything today? does anyone know when we will start to hear back?
I'm in the same boat. The people who interviewed the week of 2/5/21 seemed to get results last Tuesday (3/2/21) so I feel like the decisions for my interview date (week of 2/8/21) should be coming out any moment.

Reactions: 2 users
1st tier WL today (2/10 interview), which I'm perfectly fine with since my stats are below average for this school! Fingers crossed something good comes of it!

• Care
anyone with the "continued to be considered" email hear back at all?

1st tier waitlist 2/10 interview. does anyone have any idea about when waitlist movement begins?

What's your take on completing WaitList Survey?
The email they sent me a few weeks after getting waitlisted said it was "strongly encouraged to do the survey." So I guess it is pretty important. But I am not really sure. They really don't reveal much of how they select waitlisted students and what their movement looks like. I am still not even sure if students get ranked further within each tier of the waitlist.

How many weeks after being waitlisted, you got the follow up email referring to Survey?
If you choose first Option (Interested with other offers), Hofstra is asking to list the schools where you currently hold spots.
Not sure if this helps or hurts
I got the follow-up email about two weeks after being waitlisted. But for me, it was a bit different because when I first got waitlisted, the survey tab was not available. Then after, it became available, I received the email. Yeah, I am not sure either. On one side, I feel like they would call people with other acceptances first to get these students before they decide to CTE at another school and to help other schools move their WLs as well. On the other side, I feel like they could prioritize those without any other acceptances since these students are more likely to attend because they would only have one option. I am also not a big fan that they ask you to disclose the specific schools you were accepted to. I think disclosing that you have other offers should be enough.

wow congrats! have any other accepted students received FA packages? hoping they roll it out throughout the day like they did with acceptances....

What time of the day did you get your acceptance?
accepted 1/14, received acceptance email at 10am - im towards the front of the alphabet if that has anything to do with it. Also just checked when I got the fin aid award email and it actually came late last night, not this morning. processing time probably depends on when the finaid office received FAFSA/other info?

In terms of FA, I got "offered" a bunch of loans and a relatively underwhelming Zucker SOM Scholarship.

any january interviewees anxiously waiting to hear back from them? they said we'll get a decision before the end of march 😮

Reactions: 3 users
Still waiting for email; Did you guys complete the survey and explicitly mention the other colleges?
I did complete the survey and ended up putting other As on there. I also got a reminder email today to do the survey if I haven't already. If you arent receiving the emails, maybe reach out to Admissions? They seem pretty general and like they were sent to everyone

1st-tier WL earlier today after being placed on AC exactly a month ago. Congrats to all who've been accepted today!

Edit: by AC, I mean active consideration/continuing to be considered

Last edited:
  • Care
In regards to the waitlist survey, should we be listing only MD acceptances or MD and DO acceptances? 1st Tier WL today.

Anyone else got any As today or recently? It feels like this school is waitlisting almost everybody now.